Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

*cough* Ooookay...um...well, getting back to what Killswitch said about breathing and the vacuum of space --

I didn't know they made some advancements involving the theories with physical contact to a subzero vacuum, when I was in Astronomy class the basic belief was that when in a vacuum, the pressure is so low (hence "vacuum" lol) that your blood boils, and you ultimately explode. Additionally, your flesh would completely freeze almost instantaneously due to the contact with such a cold temperature, before you even explode from having your blood boil.

Holding your breath in a vacuum would be certainly be fatal because once a body comes into contact with a vacuum all gases expand -- an organism's lungs would simply burst.

Because a vacuum drastically lowers the boiling point of liquids, oxygen can still exist within the blood stream, so long as their blood has an incredibly high boiling point, which I believe it does.

But, of course, that's just what I've been told. I could be mistaken.

Aside from the original Alien surviving in a vacuum for a brief period of time (the entire freezing and blood boiling would be nearly instantaneous -- the density of your flesh does not effect that property), it is awfully had for a creature without cheeks to hold its breath.

Also, the eggs in Alien were able to exist and remain functional in a region without an atmosphere for an undefined period of time -- it is possible that the xenomorph which originated from the Space Jockey was also alive in that non-existant atmosphere.

Additionally, the xenomorphs in Res were able to exist underwater for who-knows-how-long, and somehow I don't think Ripley would have done something as drastic as crash the entire space station into the earth when an open airlock could have done the job.

I'm not saying that xenomorphs can't take in air and use it for purposes such as communication, but in order for them to exist in a vacuum they would have to be able to function without gases.

Crow-2.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

lmao , fair enough , but everything you just said is you though and what i posted was a F**king nassa report ..... ummm , your a bright young lad but your opinion dosent count for half as much as their documentation in my opinion anyway ..... also inhaling in a vacume would be deadly , but clearly not as deadly as some moveis would have us believe .... to much hollywood, thats what were all guilty of .... lol i remember red planet .... a guy came into contact with the vacume of space and instantly exploded lmao ....

as you said about the under water scene in alien rez , you know a compact whale can holds its breath for over an hour ..... there sno real rulling out what aliens are capable of

True about the eggs ... though face huggers keep hosts alive by providing them with what they require , in kanes case oxygen ... another use

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

avpunlimited, Undefined, 17 years ago

Killswitch: Aliens don't breathe

Crow: Aliens don't eat, or they would have fat. No matter how much energy you use, you will still have a little bit of fat on your body in order to live. And there double jaw prevents them from eating, because it is NOT like a tongue.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...

AVPUSIG.jpg

lol , like i said AVP Unlimated , im not on any side of that fence ... there evidence against both opinions ....

jbfjjjhrh.png

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Okay, dude, the ONLY reason the Grey was making that egg in the first movie? He didn't have a hive. Alien in Resurrection? He had 7 brothers, a few sisters, a Queen, and Ripley. I think that's hive enough reason to NOT be making the egg that holds the Super Facehugger.

00Bloo_sig04.png
"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

The alien in alien 3 was my favorite. I know it wasn't eating.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...>

It wasn't, it was probably turning him into an egg. He didn't have a queen yet.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...
br

brsrc="http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8002/avpunlimited2im0.jpg"

Yes, the tranformation-into-egg process really only takes place when a lone Drone has no hive, meaning no Queen.

With the eating, we both know that it was doing SOMETHING with the body...

00Bloo_sig04.png

Yes actually the alien did have a queen, it was inside ripley and the alien knew that ... whatch the movie please

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you need to check your facts .. you dont deserve to call youresl an alien fan at the minute anyway

I dont think im the only one that has noticed this

jbfjjjhrh.png

Oh. My bad... I thought he was talking about ALIEN, not Alien 3...

00Bloo_sig04.png

"Yes actually the alien did have a queen, it was inside ripley and the alien knew that ... whatch the movie please

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you need to check your facts .. you dont deserve to call youresl an alien fan at the minute anyway

I dont think im the only one that has noticed this"

Yes I know this, but the queen hadn't been born yet, so he had no queen.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...avpunlimited2im0.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

The queen was not far from her "birth", so infecting a host & turning them into a superfacehugger egg seems like it would've been extremely unnessesary to me. The runner was only there in the first place to ensure the survival of the queen until she had reached maturity, not to start a hive on it's own.

thorndesignssig.jpg

lol ... but the alien was waiting for the queen to be bourn , thats why it didnt kill ripley

jbfjjjhrh.png

Exactly... and Aliens can sense their own Queen... because a Queen don't raise no fool.

00Bloo_sig04.png

Well then there is the other possibility, it could have been turning the human into resin, which is possible. You have no proof that he was eating, I have proof that he was NOT. My proof is that aliens have NO fat. They might not have muscle either, just organic wires with acidic blood in them. So aliens couldn't have eaten, they have NO fat. They can't just burn it like crow said. If they didn't have any fat, they wouldn't have the nutrients to live. Not all fat is left over nutrients.

in space...
no one...

...and if they didn't have muscle, than Grid Vs. Celtic would be exactly like Godzilla Vs. Bambi. And Grid would be Bambi.

00Bloo_sig04.png

Organic wires could be just as potent as muscles.
They could be more potent.

in space...
no one...

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Killswitch -- I'm not questioning the NASA report dude, but a leak in a space suit is hardly full-blown contact to a vacuum.

The suit lasted for a long time because, depending on where the leak was, it must not have grown any larger. The suits are designed with, among other things, that sort of failsafe.

Also, while the individual was losing oxygen to the suit, he was also giving off body heat as well as additional oxygen from the suit's own supplies.

Because a vacuum has no air, it doesn't displace temperature with the transferral of gases. Once the oxygen runs out, the individual's blood boils but not before freezing solid.

I've seen what they've done with Hollywood -- people don't actually explode in the vacuum of space. Instead, their bodies swell slightly as their blood comes to a boil, then they freeze solid. They never actually explode.

The NASA report was correct, but a vacuum can easily be simulated in a classroom -- we did it several times in Physics and Astronomy. Liquids come to a boil, and the temperature of the vacuum of space is undeniable.

The NASA report is accurate for those who are in a protective suit or are not in full exposure. But for a naked human, the effects are very different.

Though the facehuggers do give life-support to their victims, it may not be concentrated oxygen which they use. They could simply be circulating the surrounding atmosphere (if any) through their bodies and into their hosts. Either way, I highly doubt they breathe due to their existence in the xenomorph eggs all that time in the first film.

Also, let's not forget the molten lead scene in Alien 3. With the gaps in their face that metal surely entered its body, and it was obviously extremely hot during that entire time. If the xenomorph had lungs or needed to breathe, its lungs would have collapsed due to the hot air. The same thing happens when breathing over a fire.

Crow-2.jpg

lol yeah , thats true ... and il say AGAIn , im not sure what i believe in terms of aliens breathing or not .. theres good evidence against both sides... so you dont need to adress me , im simple adding to the topic

Your blood does not boil nor do you freeze
jbfjjjhrh.png

cutm3up, Undefined, 17 years ago

omg... Kill how can you understand him?? jeez itd take me 17 searches on google and an hour to do that.

And he doesnt even sound human. OMG he is a roboticaaly programmed voice!!

voice = text

http://galvergd.proboards57.com/index.cgi

Join this site. It's practically finished and most of the rp's have started! If you join be sure to pick a character that will reflect on yourself.

haku.jpg