Winged Xenomorph Strains?

zero-alpha, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

What if xenomorphs had wings? Would it make them more terrifying or would the idea just be out right stupid?

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

The title made me think of that Catagory 4 Kaiju from Pacific Rim.

Anyway I think it's a little bit of both.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

There's fan-art of Xenomorphs with wings. I'd think if a face-hugger impregnated something like an alien bat or bird the resulting Xenomorph would have a pair of wings. Not stupid.

However I'm going to rename this topic.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Bats don't have wings, so the alien resulting from that wouldn't have wings either, but would probably have some sort of membrane with which it could glide. And heh, I can't imagine a facehugger impregnating something through the beak.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

By definition Yes, bats do have wings, it may look more like a hand which it once was, but a birds wings are also its arms, but you don't hear people saying "Look at the size of those arms on that bird!".

I think it could quite possibly have wings, but not as a third set of limbs and it would probably have a wicked thumb claw for fighting and defending.

Then if they did have wings could they fly to other planets cause I don't think anyone ever said that xenomorphs can't breath in space or at least die in space. Though the only problem is that there's no air friction to help it fly in space. I think I just answered my own question.

Yes you did

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

What do you mean there is no "air friction" (whatever the fuck that is) in space? There is no air! And, yes, xenomorphs breathe!

I think there was a thread some time ago about Xenomorphs needing to breathe and I'm pretty sure the conclusion was no, they don't.

Either way they might be able to fly out into space if they're strong enough but once they're up there they wouldn't be able to control their flight path and would probably end up caught in orbit of the planet or they'd just drift endlessly forward.

That seems much more likely. Xenomorphs, albeit as strong as they are, would not be capable of flying through outer space.

@SR
Well, for bats it's not so much wings as it is a single wing controlled by two arms.
What I meant was that the wings would have to replace the anterior limbs, which would make the Alien very slow and clumsy on the ground, and that doesn't seem to me like evolution when it comes to Aliens. What would more likely happen is that the anterior limbs, posterior limbs and tail would be connected with a membrane that would allow it to jump farther. The arms would also likely be considerably longer than the legs.

I reckon they'd move on the ground very similarly to the dragons in Reign of Fire. But yeah they'd be clumsy on the ground, really clumsy.

krio, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

in the aliens arcade game, there are xenos with wings....

also, no they don't breathe drone.

(sorry if off-topic) Well by the way, my xenomorph avatar has wings and is about 80 meters tall. (Um..ok?) Well anyways, yeah though it is correct that xenomorphs don't breath(Yeah I already know that) the whole they can't fly into outer space thing. Everybody knows that when it comes to xenomorphs, there's no such thing as impossible. Thats my closing sentence.

It's more that the gravitational pull of a planet is more powerful than just about any living thing could handle, and would just force them back down. A winged Xenomorph isn't exactly aerodynamic, and punching through the atmosphere would be difficult, if not impossible.

Nothing can fly in space just because it has wings. Animal wings work by pushing the air down, thus throwing yourself up. There is no air in space. The only thing that can move you in space, other than gravity, is an explosion. So unless they fart for a really long time, they can't fly to other planets no matter how many or large their wings are.

Also, as FH said, I do think they're not even aerodynamic, mostly because of their huge tails. There are no flying animals - and as far as we know, there never have been - with tails that heavy. Rhamphorhynchus is the most primitive flier I know of and its tail was pretty much like a kite.

ciaosarah, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Those routes include Bangkok - Pitsanuloak, nike air max plus for men which will be extended to Chiang Mai nike air max plus wholesale buy nike air max plus uk City, viewed as the country's buy nike air max plus shoes northern logistical buy nike airmax plus hub and tourist destination hub; Bangkok - nike air max plus discounted Nakorn Ratchasima, cheapest nike air max plus which will be extended to Nong Khai province, nike air max plus wholesale viewed as a gateway to the Lao capital of Vientiane; buy air max plus wholesale Bangkok - Rayong, the country's buy nike air max plus wholesale newest nike air max plus eastern seaboard industrial hub and deep-sea newest nike air max plus shoes port; and Bangkok - Hua Hin, viewed as a flourishing newest air max plus tourist destination and classic air max plus shoes gateway classic nike air max plus to the southern region. No matter which party will finally win the bidding for the high- speed trains, all the railways running through those provinces will apply the same operational systems, according to the transport minister. Chatchart said he will leave for Kunming city in southern China some time next month to discuss the 4.9-billion- U.S.-dollar high- speed rail project with senior Chinese government officials.

Tuand9, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

If a facehugger did impregnated a bat. It would basically be a dragon with bat wings. I think