Why does The predator hunt humans?

voodoopred, Undefined, 16 years ago

Why does The predator hunt humans?

XenoHunter, Undefined, 16 years ago

For honour,sport,and trophies

Leandros8, Undefined, 16 years ago

that's like asking why we hunt animals and deer and stuff.for sport and proving themselves worthy.or is that aliens?any ways they live for the hunt.

predator_1, Undefined, 16 years ago

For young preds its a challenge. But when They grow up they fight aliens. But they have to collect allot of human skulls. Anderson had a good idea.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Actually it`s the other way around. Aliens are a challange and they hunt humans for sport when they are older, if you look at the way teenagers become men by killing aliens and then older preds hunt humans (AvP1, Predator1/2).

Dargomethe, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well why not?

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

Because certain humans can provide a suitable challenge for a Yautja.

Kraigor, Undefined, 16 years ago

According to the books, Predators consider hunting us (oomans or Soft Meat) a great honor that can only be allowed to with permission from the Elders. The movies are very wrong in the fact that they allow unblooded Predators to hunt without a Blooded Predator. If a unblooded Predator was caught hunting us the only punishment is death. They go over this in Alien vs Predator: Prey.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

I know others have answered this very well but I'll answer it my way.

Simply, theres all kinds of animals that hunt, right? Lets just say theres other animals in the Predator movie universe and these animals are Predators and they come to earth to hunt human. Obvously they hunt more than just humans. Theres many reasons why. Thats like asking why anything would hunt.

But the easiest way to answer this is, because they are Predators. Thats the whole idea. They hunt. Not just humans, all kinds of creatures. Instead of calling them Predators, you can just as easily call them hunters. Infact, the movie Predator was originally titled: "Hunter". But as they developed the "hunter"'s character a bit more, they decided on Predator.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

The first two Predators shown are in fact blooded but the idea of the ranknings and their marks didn't come until after the second movie.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

"The movies are wrong"??? What the hell do you mean "the movies are wrong"??? The movies are the originals, that`s where the real (so to say) thing is, the books can kiss my ass! That`s why on this site movies are taken as canon and books not, because the books are made after the movies and not the other way around, in this case!

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

Praytell, how can the movies (you know, those little things that STARTED THE ENTIRE SERIES) be wrong? That's like saying Amazing Fantasy #15 is wrong becasue it didn't show what was in the Spider-Man movie! Whatever came first is usually right in regards to this kind of stuff.

The books are based on the movies. Not the other way around like with most other stuff.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well said, Deathwraith.

Karo, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well it leads to the obvious conclusion that there are no 'more worthy' forms of sentient life out there as far as the Predators know, and hunting anything else might as well be an animal, although they have hunted a variety of otherworldly 'animals'.

I Basically think they enjoy hunting something with sufficient reasoning skills.