What did Ash mean?

avpunlimited, Undefined, 16 years ago

When Ash said, "A survivor, unclouded by conscience remorse, or delusions of morality." what do you think he meant?

I think he meant that this extinct beast, this long dead spectacular organism, has been reincarnated as fear, so that we, who didn't know about it's perfection, could feel it's wrath, what a way to go.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

Exactly what he said. The Alien has no sympathy, no emotion, no mercy of any kind for anything. It's only instinct is to kill, and it's entire biology is designed to make it as dangerous as possible.

Keep in mind this was before Aliens and the Queen/hive were introduced.

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 16 years ago

I agree with you DD.

I've played with the idea that before Aliens was made, the alien(s) were able to produce eggs and survive on their own as a seperate being, instead of a hive structure. The first movie gives evidence of this as you can see by the cut scene: in which Ripley finds Dallas attached to the wall, and the room converted into a small hive like area. Anyway its just a personal thought.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

The explanation is quite simple really, as DD has already stated. Aliens are born survivors...and killers. They are extremely resillient to hostile conditions, physically durable, & easily able to rapidly spread their population. They feel no pity or sorrow for their actions or their victims. They are single-minded killers.

The Queen and hive structure made the Aliens adapt to survival.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

The aliens as individuals are built for survival without a Queen. They have acid blood, skin like armour, can withstand massive temperatures, & even the vacuum of space. I think that about sums it up.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

avpu, you are talking nonsense again, "adapt to survival" is illogical as adapting is something required for survival, please be careful that what you say makes sense from now on, thank you. Also, stop it with the romantic interpretation of something a robot said.

I missed you too...:(

And yes, the Aliens are perfectly capable of surviving with out the Queen, but the Queen makes them even better.

I say this because the Queen can produce thousands of eggs in a short amount of time, with out needing hosts to make them, not only can she lay them anywhere, but she is perfectly capable of defending herself.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

No one's disputing that. My point was that the original conception of the aliens was that they reproduced all on their own and were single-minded killers and all that. The addition of the queen changed that up a bit.

They weren't anymore single minded killers than snakes, or black ants, which is why the first Alien didn't kill Jonesy, Ripley's cat, it only eats humans for good nutrition.

I think it's hella scary though, I mean, imagine a tape worm that explodes through your chest! :{

All are valid points, I felt that the movie Aliens made the single alien seem...weak, or at least made it seem like they were completely depended on the queen. I mean this one alien in the first movie took out the whole crew, and they had weapons. Yet in aliens it was a simple task taking out some aliens. I'm not saying that I dislike either movies, and I know Cameron's angle for the movie was to make it war-like which he did very well. Both movies are A list in my book.

IMO Alien was the best.

I don't think I got the right message across, when Ash said "A survivor unclouded by conscience, remorse or delusions of morality." He was saying that this natural creature, no deferent from a bee, or an ant, was refined as the imbodiment of fear to the crew of the Nostromo, and he admired that this survivor made these people know it in all of it's beauty.

Agreed.

Pred_Killer, Undefined, 14 years ago

The Aliens in the second film are the same creature, no different, switch their locations around and it is still the same. Kane's Son was preparing for a Hive, I'm sure he would have made one in due time before their arrival at Earth, BWAHAHA... then Ripley showed up and actually had to blast it's ass with the jets on the Narcissus, which goes to show how mean and powerful they are. It's a shame to see both Preds in both movies get killed with weapons as simple as a bladed disc and a *giggle* log.

killswitch, Undefined, 14 years ago

its actually a great point form DD, i normally attack the hive element of aliens for turning the ancient killing machines into bugs, but then again ashes statement dosent really do that does it?

Awesome scene, Long live Alien :D

DeathWraith, Undefined, 14 years ago

Well i don't know what you all think, but i'm pretty sure a single assassin picking unsuspecting normal people one by one is more efficient than a big bunch of assassins all getting in eachother's way and having to try to melee the fuck out of a whole crew of aware marines who stay together and shoot on sight. The way i see it, in Alien the humans weren't ready for the xenomorph. In Aliens, the xenomorphs weren't ready for Ripley.

Pred_Killer, Undefined, 14 years ago

Couldn't say it better myself.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 14 years ago

That's... The best way I've ever heard it explained.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 14 years ago

That should have been Aliens' tag line.