Gaunt, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

@RuthlessWarrior: Getting dumped while brainstorming ideas would be pretty imature, don cha think? Why would anyone (even Harpy) hate you for it?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I can see how you thought this, your not the only one who thinks you saw a Space Jockey skull, many do.

Compare it to models of the space jockey.

SpaceJockeysculptfeatures.jpg

SpaceJockeysculptfeaturesangle.jpg

Thoughts on this? (the "Predators can time travel" idea is funny).

cleticyautja, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

well from the picture above preds and jockeys dont seem to get along.

Although i think that theory of the jockeys making the xenos as a biological weapon seems quite relistic and maybe it just got out of control.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

The only continuity which suggests the Jockeys and Xenomorphs have anything to do with the predators, is within the comics and books. Fox used the crossover as a cash cow to line their pockets.

The story was a long the lines of the Predators being in the midst of a feud with the Jockeys - with the Jockeys creating the Xenomorphs as weapons to use against them in their war.

To be honest, I'd rather squash all of those theories and stick to the cannon of the Alien franchise itself.

I think Prometheus is about to answer some HUGE questions, and more than likely, leave a few open to interpretation.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

It's hard to believe what was dead in the chair is actually a suit and that the Jockey is actually the bald giant in the trailer. The mold suggests otherwise. However, we know that the Jockey from Alien is similar in appearance to the Xenomorph (which could be because they're all designed by the same guy, so maybe what I'm about to say can be totally disregarded). DNA corruption/mutation, if it's going to happen, may very well be the link between the corpse and the creature in the trailer. This is only if that is, in fact, the Space Jockey.

The same can be happening to the humans in the film as well. What's curious is that if this were true, the process the Jockey is undergoing would have it skip the egg step to morphing straight into a Xeno... or something like it.

@DW: Couldn't have said it better. I'm still open to the idea in comics and novels, but I think Prometheus' parting the two franchises could be the best thing that's happened for either in the last decade.

Can't say I'm fond of the idea that the Jockey is basically a humanoid of sorts in a space suit, but for those of you who have flicked through all the 'making of' and 'behind the scenes' features on A L I E N - you'll know that Ridley has been saying this about the jockey since 1979...

I think we're definitely going to be seeing some genetic mutation and early stage proto-Xeno's in this new film.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I actually never knew that till recently. It's been years since I've touched any of the films and I haven't even opened the Anthology. I should probably be ashamed - not one view and I'm turning into a film junkie again.

It looks nice sitting on the shelf though.

DeadBeast, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

@Gaunt

I think Ruthless said that because he mentioned AVPR. Everyone who likes Alien, Predators and the AVP comics is still pissed off over that movie.

However if that Jockey skull in the Pred ship is real then it's proof that the Yautja hunt them.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Maybe not hunt, But have encountered.

IceNeko, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

^I could be either way. Although the skull in the right middle corner(I hope I got that right?) did like a tiny bit like a Jockey skull. I am not saying it is but it could be.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Again, We cant know until promethus or something else comes along with awnsers.

As far as Ridley Scott is concerned, this film is based solely in the Alien universe and has nothing to do with the predators - Scott has said several times that he wanted nothing to do with the AVP films or their continuity.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

The AvP movies obviously have fans of their own that are not actual Predator or Alien fans, like we all had to be before 2004, so some of you may not understand this concept so easily, but: Just like Predators did not clarify anything concerning the Aliens, Prometheus will not clarify anything concerning the Predators. The Alien movies and the Predator movies each happen in a different universe, both different from the universe of the AvP movies.

The Alien universe is about humanity being reckless and getting what's coming to them;

The Predator universe is about how messing with people as reckless as humans will likely get you killed.

While in the AvP universe, whoever wins, we (the audience) lose.

Dark, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I think this is what happened, the yautja and space jockeys are at war and the space jockeys create the Serpents(Xenos) to combat the yautja, the yautja start treating the Serpents as their most respected prey and then the plan backfires and the Serpents nearly wipe out the space jockeys and does anyone think that Xenomorph Prime used to be the space jockey homeworld/colony

toomak, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

the way i see it the SJ's (space jockeys)didn't make the xenos eather. i think they found some xeno eggs packed em up so they could A: use them to fight there wars for them by puting them on there enimys home world. or B: give them to the yautja as a pease offering (maybe). or C: they had an infestation on there world but they stoped em and were disposing the eggs. or D: they were gonna put the eggs on earth to kill us and take over earth. now this is just what i think but i could be wrong.

Ultimatehunter, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

Or think of it this way, the Yautja are the space jockeys gods, the yautja tell the engeneers to go and make new species for the predators to hunt

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

Whoa dude, old as thread. Locked.