Predator Intelligence

Saint, Undefined, 16 years ago

Where did the Yautja technology come from? Did they develope it themselves, or are they a using race which got it from another race of being?

Kidd, Undefined, 16 years ago

How do you think we humans get our technology. We learn and adapted to our surroundings. Yautja may be little to no different from us. The yautja is a hunter/warrior race, they see alot of combat and therefore, have technology for their type of comabt style.

Sorry... Too tired to even think of anything else to say...

Btu like we keep advancing out technology and using it to it's limits. The Yautja seem to hold back when ever possible for the most part. They mosty go with advanced versions of basic weapons; spears, blades, etc. It makes me think that they are just using technology they have gotten from another race, or possibly stolen many years in their past.

Kidd, Undefined, 16 years ago

Look at the Japanese and their Samurai in the Fuedal Japan era. The samurai prefered to kill their opponents in melee combat. Of course, the bow is a ranged weapon, but yet, it is honorable to kill your enemy by using your skill of a bow and judging the wind conditions to make have your arrow fly straight and true towards your enemy.
The yautja to me prefer to be an honorable race. They want to show their bravery and skills to their brethren that they are worthy warriors.

Now, you say that they did alot of advancment on the basic weaponry. I will have to half-way disagree on that. Their homeplanet is very different from our earth. We have no knowledge of what type metals that they use. The metals that they use in their armor is just as strong as our steel and just as light as our current bodyarmor. Also, they may have worn their armor for a long time, that may explain why Scar was able to pull off some acrobatic moves in the air as he stabbed the queen in the head with his spear.

what are you talking about on the second part? how are you disagreeing?

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

What Kidd may mean is they probably have better and heavier weaponry compared to us, so if they use heavy armor constantly itll become like a sort of second skin and allow them to pull off amazing moves as they get used to its weight and limitations. For example gravity, if we had heavier gravity we would get used to it and not have a problem, its just adaptation.

I completely agree with Kidd on the honor part of tech also, if it is too advanced then you would have no problem killing prey, but they want a challenge and have to limit themselves in some ways in order to be challenged.EDIT: btw, remember the laser used to cut that hole in the ice on AVP. They have to have some pretty damn good tech in order to have such precision and power in a laser they can put on any ship.

yea, I know. I'm just sayin that they are unlike us in that way, because humans in general use it ALL tha damn time, even when its unnecessary. That is also why i believe they may have addapted their tach from another race. they keep their own culture and indiviuality while having the means for an advanded technology to forward their race.

I would think the yautja would take more pride in making their own weapons, but it cant be proven that they dont make their own weapons.
And if another race had weapons like that then i cant see much of a different purose in them than to hunt, and it might be hard to explain why we dont have 2 races hunting humans unstead of just preds.

I don't know, there could be millions of discussions about what another race would do with the technology. I mean man has technology superior to his prey, but he also used his weapons in war or many non-honorable ways.

Also, you cant really doubt it too much, there is no reason why preds didnt make their own things, just because we havent seen advanced things used is just a matter of honor.

We evolved technologically, Preds may have also.
I cant really see too much of their tech not improving, there is evidence if only alittle.
There is the regular and long wristblades that can also be applied backwards. Combistick and naginata(seen in Pred2 at end)
wrist-mounted and gun-type netgun.
single and dual plasma casters.
etc.

Mostly i'm not talking about the weapons, but more the other technology like tha ship and such. Weapons are made by blacksmiths, the reason for it's superiority im strength and lightness could just be the materials found on the planet. weapons and technology dont always go hand in hand.

While the predators are undoubtedly a highly honorable race they are also seen as nomadic. Nomads are usually seen as highly tribal in their rituals and life style, not trying to evolve their way of life. They pick up things of other cultures an use them as they see fit.

Not always true though, as they can also use their surroundings and its resources to their advantage/use.
Sometimes tech doesnt need to be changed at all unless there is a need for it.
The ships and such have worked fine for years and years, and there has been no particularly challenging obstacle they would need to adapt their tech to.
Heat seeking may be a problem for cloaks on ships and such, but there is no real need as preds can get the job done without it.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

Predators' technology is extremely advanced, far beyond any other species currently known. The weapons we have seen them use, while generally modernized versions of existing tools, such as spears & blades, are only their basic hunting tools, not their most advanced or high-powered armaments.

In modern times people don't take machine guns on a big game hunt, they take rifles. It's the same situation in a different context.

Their other technology is seen to be far more advanced in its own right, such as the laser shown to effortlessly cut through 2000ft of ice in AVP,
being fired with pinpoint accuracy even from the depths of space. Even their video technology is extremely futuristic, they are capable of creating completely realistic 3D holograms by layering 2D images on top of one another, as seen in AVP, & even have sophisticated real-time thermal mapping on their wrist computers. They are light-years ahead of man in terms of advancement, having already mastered space travel long before we even learned to build.

For a race that was extremely advanced before we even learned to build, why had we not seen any difference in their tech between a two thousand year time period? I would think a race that is extremely advanced in their technology has a knack for inventing, so they would continue, even if 2,000 years isn't a long time for them.

Also, yes thay are a smart race for the technology they use, btu that doens't make them THAT smart. Not i'm not calling the Yautja dumb or anything of the sort, but you can teach anyone to use something, or they can even figure it out themselves if left to it. But I'm saying USING and INVENTING are two very different things.

EDIT: Oh yea, and it's nice to see you in here Stalker, adding some of your wisdom to the topic.

Lone_Hunter2, Undefined, 16 years ago

prehaps they no longer felt the need to advance thier technology and felt only to make improvements to some weapons to make the hunt more interesting. (ridiculus thought I know but still a logical geuss).

possible, but i havent seen any advancements in even their basic weapons, only variations. kinda like the extreme, and overly outrageous, extended wristblades from avp.