Praetorians - Don't Delete

EJJR, Undefined, 18 years ago

Please do not delete this thread, it's very important that I hear everyone's opinion on this website as well.
There's this guy on planetavp.com named James who, "wrote the book," on Alien/Predator biology. He claims there's no Praetorians because we didn't see one in Aliens, so therefore they do not exist. He says my script will ruin the franchise because it has a Praetorian in it. He also claims a PredAlien is still a Drone, because there's only two types of Alien breeds: Queen and Drone.
Any thoughts?

Elijah Russell
Russell Writings
http://elijahrussell.tripod.com/russellwritings

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

The sentry gun scenes were indeed fantastic, you really felt the tension and fear that the marines were going through, a movie that all fhould have in their collection.

froggy.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

The_Reverand, Undefined, 18 years ago

By far the greatest atand alone alien film was aliens Specdial edition, the director's cut version had so much missing from it.
like one of the best scenes with the sentry guns, and learning more about Ripley's daughter.

To Die in Battle Is too Die with Honour
To Die without a Cause is too die for Nothing
- Semper Fi

It's so much better than the theatrical version - great just to see the close up of the xenomorphs before it kills DR clements. (Go to the topic on 'do you think the alien queen is alive?' There's pictures from alien 3 in there.

froggy.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

The only special edition I haven't seen is alien 3 & that's supposed to be pretty good

That's not a problem rev, I always try and get people to watch the special editions, they're missing out so much from not seeing them!!

froggy.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

bug-hunt, Undefined, 18 years ago

and it explains why the aliens came through the ceiling, and alien3 dirctors cut is awesome if know one has seen it go see it as it is far better than the first, got me thinking n this subject was there any extra scenes in alien res?

angel-sig-withcolour1-colour1.jpg
Bug-Renders

The_Reverand, Undefined, 18 years ago

Queen in waiting could be a praetorian lol.
But until it's in a movie we can only speculate.

oh, and there's another type you neglected to mention and that would be the initial parasitic phase and makes 3 breeds of aliens which is the facehugger.

oh by the way, thanks for the alien 3 stuff, you are right I had to select special Edition version for me to watch it. (it has both versions for some reason -shrugs-)

it comes from the ox in the spec ed, however the colouring and the way the alien moved I personally still think the dog was more appropriate, I mean the size it get's to once it's out of the body is purely up to the dna of the embryo, I mean look at how big a queen get's after gestating in a human.

but yeah and thanks for the super face hugger piccies, I never noticed the difference in the movie till I saw those pics, They are quite a size larger.

To Die in Battle Is too Die with Honour
To Die without a Cause is too die for Nothing
- Semper Fi

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 18 years ago

Nothing really worth seeing.
Alien 3 has, by far, the best extended cut of the four films. Alien: Resurrection has about 10 minutes or so of added dialogue, and some very bad CGI. Worth a look if you are a massive fan (like me), but maybe not so much for just casual viewers.
Ron Perlman is the only thing that makes that film worth watching for me, love his work.(Hellboy, Blade 2, Quest For Fire)

...and you will know my name is the lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

Which is why I find it strange that people say that the Predaliens are way stronger than a Drone. Sure inheriting some of the Pred's strength should make them stronger than a normal Warrior from a human but not strong enough to defeat Preds with Plasma Casters. So technically, they're almost the same.

Like I've said before, besides the idea of the Predaliens, the Praetorians are the only other idea that I will accept. I mean, since you've already made almost everyone(not me) believe that Xenos are insects, then why not have a special class like a Queen in waiting. I mean, bees have it don't they? It might not be all that good but still it wouldn't ruin the franchise. If people already consider them that, they're no harm in going along right?

We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

Yeah sorry about that mate - was my bad - i bumped this topic then deleted it by mistake.

I actually agree with planet avps policies. I firmly hate the idea of anything from the games or comics leaking into an already battered franchise, Praetorians, ravagers, runners blah blah, keep them all to the comics and the kiddies.

And yes, the predaliens are in fact just drones who have sampled the DNA strain from the predators an aquired some of their features - much like the quadpedal alien we saw in alien 3.

In effect, there really is only two types of the xenomorph, which are in fact the queen and drone. Warriors are just matured versions of the drones that have lost the protective dome over the skull with age.

froggy.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders