OFF TOPIC THREAD 19: THE RETURNING

gamefreak33797, Xenomorph, 2 years ago

Howdy all, I'm not too sure how many people still visit the site, but I thought I'd make a new off topic thread to hopefully draw people back. I miss talking to you all and hope to eventually have a lot of the old crew around. You know the drill.

Concretehunt, Xenomorph, 2 years ago

Been a long time since I've posted, possibly years actually. Sadly I lost access to my account (Forgot my password, also do not have access to the E-Mail account which I tied to the account when I was 11. @P please help. My current E-Mail is the one in the Bio for Concretehunter.)

Often when I'm alone and have nowhere else to be, I think about this website. I do check in from time to time, mainly to see how the bots are doing. Look at old threads. Re-read Bloos fanfic thread or the Party thread. It makes me sad in a way, not so much a nostalgia or anything. I feel sad because I feel that we all connected in a very special and vulnerable way.

We are all very different people from all walks of life. We bonded over a very silly franchise which was probably well past its relevance. I was actually 11 when I joined this website, some of you might even remember! It was never really about the franchise for me, but having a community that I could call myself a part of. I have such fond memories of you all. What makes me sad however, is knowing that I never really KNEW any of you. We sort of lost touch, but what we had was always very ephemeral to begin with. You were figures in the night. Voices in the dark that kept me company a long time ago. I did and do consider you guys to be my friends. I think I will always feel that way.

I have no-one else in the world who I could share all of this with. I would never show my real life friends half the shit that we posted on here. But some posts here really resonated with me. In one thread DeathWraith was talking about his character Xeuss, he wrote

"You can fight forever and you will never win unless you fight for someone who's fighting for you. "

He wrote that 8 years ago, even today I know the exact words., I remember the party thread so vividly. The layout of the house, the drinks, how ever-one looked. It's a cherished memory of mine. This website is a place of majesty. It is a home that I once had when mine was all too broken. In people playing monsters, I found friends. Even though my writing was poor, and though sometimes it was a bit cringe, we all just played along together. We made stories together. We built something here and I will never forget it. Ok, I'm being dramatic now!

I'm always going to be about, I can never leave. if anyone ever wants to reach out my e-mail is still the one on the Concretehunter account bio, if any of you ever wish to get in contact. I'll keep this new account to post on here when I remember to.

I love you all. I miss you all. I hope wherever you are in this big world, you're keeping afloat.

Forever,
-CH

(@DD - I miss out chats on Skype. Hope you're still out there. )

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 2 years ago

What are you talking about dipshit, we didn't lose touch, you just haven't said anything to me on Steam in...

uh

...a very long time. Anyway, what the hell is the "party thread"?

Also I don't remember saying that at all, but it does look like something I'd say.

And yeah, I too hope DD is still out there.

I sometimes read My Skull posts and random Off-Topic Thread posts. So there's that.

Concretehunt, Xenomorph, 2 years ago

Party thread: https://www.avpuniverse.com/forum/-/8116?pg=0

Link to you saying that: https://www.avpuniverse.com/forum/bloos-fan-fic-discussion-thread/7931?pg=15

I don't even use steam any more, my laptop can't run any games and I haven't had a gaming PC in a long... long time. What's your steam ID right now?

I know @P probably checks the website so maybe something will be done about the post situation. Also I'd be glad to recover my account properly, but it seams unlikely.anyway, how've you been man? And you too @GF? Would be interesting to hear what you guys are up to atm

xenotaris, Xenomorph, 2 years ago

It has been a while. The last time I posted on here was probably back in 2008

xenotaris, Xenomorph, 2 years ago

Since then I have been on AVP Galaxy, Deviant Art, and Scified.com

Gaunt, Xenomorph, 1 year ago

Funny, this site popped into my head, & I didn't expect to see activity, still traced across the forum from time-to-time.

@CH ... respect, to your thoughts, feelings & the mutual experience everyone has enjoyed on this site. Wish I could say those halcyon-days of yesteryear would be upon us again ... but heh, we'd need to get site moderation re-established, clean-out the bots, & then activity could, possibly, pick up again.

I do often think back on this place. I'm still fond of the memories I have of how I used my time here, to learn how to write properly/passably (not gonna lie, genuinely sucked at learning & developing, for the bulk of my juvenile years). I like to think I'm not too terrible at writing, these days :^)

This was also the place where I learnt basic HTML, more because I had a practical area to apply my little discoveries & dickings-abouts with the markup instructions (my profile). It really wasn't much, in the grand scheme of things, but for me it was hours of fun, every few evenings of a given week, & my heart is still grateful for this.

Clan recruitment threads, Multiple Sparring Chambers & goings on. I always loved the announcements about any general RPG, the events themselves, getting the entire site involved, they were always so exciting. Signature commissions ... lol, I did try to make quite a few of those, with amateur hour skills in Paint.net (& then got a very nice one given to me, by DW).

I even remember Iseijin, who seemingly with unlimited patience, taught me to RP & write more coherently, in a forum section I haven't been able to relocate. It was just generally so nice, to have that community.

Gosh, my account is 13 years old, so yes, me signing up when I was 14, is about right.

... Anywhoooo~ That's, enough from me, on my experience, for now :)

I do hope everyone is still keeping well, &living their best life each & every day :)
CH, DW, Peterson, XT, DD, SW, Lioness, AD, GF, Donut ... the list goes on & on, for there were many. I'll see to keeping tabs a bit better, providing life doesn't throw something out into my schedules.

I'm definitely going to revisit some of those 'My Skull' threads, they were a great laugh.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 1 year ago

Fucking hate how hard it is to get Bloo to reply to me on Steam.

Oh and missed you too, Gaunt, but you use commas wrong.

Yeah, I know I do ;) ... my writing ability is far better than it used to be (heck, if you read my profile rn, you'd see how slap-dash my understanding of sentence structure was).

Missed ya too, DW. I imagine Bloo's busy, but his recent activity on Steam would probably say otherwise.

I wish I knew anything at all about DD tbh.

@DW ... I assume you've no way of reaching out to DD?

I'm aware that, somewhere around my major hiatuses from site, people did actually connect with one-another, via things like Skype & Steam (as previously mentioned).

Only other way I could think to ping everyone, would be a member attached, site-wide email cascade, like when the site was rebranded to AVPuniverse.

I hope DD is well, same with other members. DD's writings were vast, driven, & sometimes just as terrifying as they were terrific. Damn, something for me to hunt down.

Yea I have no idea about DD, I understand he was going through some hard times like 5-6 years ago, and since then I'm not sure what happened, my memory is not great.

I see. Well, whether facing adversity or not, I have faith that DD has overcome the lows that've come his way, over the years, & also gotten dizzy with all the highs that came too ( ˘ ͜ʖ ˘)

Maybe we'll find out one day, maybe we won't, but we can still hold faith to a mutual buddy of ours. Whatever's gone on, we know he'd do his best to roll with it & make the very best out of it.

Currently, I'm only going to find out more, the further I delve back into the archive that is the forum, & that'll take some time.

more like AD VARSITY HAHAHA

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 1 year ago

Feels kind of weird coming back here after so long, but this place kind of haunts me. Not in a ghost way(I fucking hate ghosts), but in a "I wonder what happened to that one friend I talked with every day for years " kind of way(can't edit my profile so I'm stuck with my shit user icon and my shit writing for my character description). You guys collectively are that "one friend", I know we're all different people now but you really all made life worth living for me back in my depressed teenage years and I just wanted to say thank you.

It's nice to see some familiar faces are still around at least, I hope you've all been doing well.

@DW ... it's AD-VISABLE that you don't anger the sacred ad Gods, less they spread an even bigger plague over this accursed land.

@skull_ripper ... Nice to see you pop your head in, bud. Yeah, everyone seemingly find nostalgia for this old place, we had a good community going for quite some time.

Good to hear it helped you, through your standard angsty teens ;-D
Far as things go, I'm well. I don't speak for DW, but he's been active & making soft puns again 👌🏻

Are you doing well?

I mean, I would link Kpop, but you know how it is, I don't want to.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 1 year ago

All in all I can't complain too much, I'm at a fairly happy point in my life. I'm glad you're doing well Gaunt, what've you been up to lately? And who doesn't love a good soft pun in the morning lol

Hope you're doing good too DW :)

@DW ... we know you will, when you're ready ;)

@skull_ripper ... Good to hear you're at a happy point in life. I've recently got back from a cousins wedding, & I'm doing good myself. These days I work agency jobs to give me back flexibility of time, while sacrificing job security (not that that's an issue, tbh).

Happy compromises, and all that.

supersonicman96, Xenomorph, 1 year ago

This chat is all Xenomorphs >:O