Newborn Redone

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

I decided to sit down and work on creating a new variant of the Newborn from Alien: Resurrection.

I was thoroughly disgusted by the one which was used in the film, so I wanted to make a better version. ^_^

After about a solid hour of thinking I have fabricated my personal version of a better Newborn.

Even though it is a different version, I do not want it created as the one was in the film. Instead, I would prefer this variant to be man-made, created through genetic manipulation

I am very pleased with the outcome, and I would also like to know if it would be acceptable for me to use it in RPG's (and in general) instead of a standard xenomorph. I already received Dave's permission, but I would like to run it by the other Moderators to see if any of them object.

Anyway, here it is:

C ontrieved
R eceptive
O rganic
W eapon

Basic Description

-Humanoid physique
-Dark grey flesh
-Elongated head
-Empty black eyes
-Face is entirely smooth, no contours
-No nose, no indentation
-Sides of head are pitted like a warrior xenomorph
-No secondary mouth, possesses a purple tongue
-Possesses cheeks instead of tendons
-Mouth is still fanged
-Sight patches on biceps, forearms, thighs, and calves.
-Tendons are highly visible
-Prominent ribs, hips, etc.
-Two primary arms
-Two secondary arms sprouting from the sides of the pectoral muscles
-Hands have five fingers
-Feet have five toes, with the fifth located on the heel
-Fingers and toes possess claws
-Tail is approximately as long as its body length
-Tail possesses a single claw
-Stands on the balls of its feet
-No mesoskeleton/exoskeleton
-Endoskeleton
-Acidic blood
-Reproductive organs are internalized when not in use

Basic Attributes
-Very keen eyesight
-Limited sonic detection capabilities, mostly visual
-Extremely intelligent

Behavior
-Highly vocal
-Possesses both a predatory hunger and a carnal desire
-Possesses a basic understanding of technology
-Is capable of mimicking and vocalizing basic words
-Prefers to use claws and teeth in combat, will use simple weapons when driven to do so
-Drawn to humans more than yautja due to physical similiarities and instinctual motivations
-Will move as a quadruped when speed is necessary

Tradeoffs
-No secondary jaw, but possesses a secondary pair of arms
-No protective mesoskeleton/exoskeleton, but can make basic vocalizations and mimic words.
-Not as fast as some xenomorphs, but is extremely intelligent

Note: This image is a rough draft, but the design will remain constant in future illustrations. I am aware that I messed up the legs.

crow.png

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Crow is newborn carater you make for solo aliens RPG players in movie newborn kill Queen

in Space, No one can Hear you Scream i am proud Warrior predalien of Hive try take my head if can as trophy kainde Amedha Chiva

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Nice, though the face seems... well, it would be scarier than the Newborn, because to me, it visualizes a very ill and mental person, seeking attention to what its purpose possibly could be.

Overall, really great job. I look forward to seeing final versions...

If it's accepted by Dave, it'd be most likely accepted by the other Mods. It's a bit creepy in my opinion. If not, then it would still be good, it shows your creativeness off even more.

I am a Machina-Alien! (Mok-In-Uhh)

00Bloo_sig02.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house just got caught."

Hive_Tyrant, Undefined, 17 years ago

Crow it looks very intelligant!! I like the part u did of what C.R.O.W stands for. I also didnt like the original newborn from alien resurection.

new-HiveTyrant-sig.jpg The killer of the elders, work for The Hive!
"What Gaiaonline user are you?"
"The
Forum Rules"

The Newborn for Resurrection was scary looking, but in truth, I hate that thing, and if I ever see it in real life (as a costume, statue, whatever), I swear I'll smack the leaving buhjesus out of it. And maybe with bronze knuckles.

...ermm, anyway, they definetely could of done something better than THAT. From what I heard, they were drunk when they did the ideas on it...

00Bloo_sig02.png

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

Good work :) I like the new feet and 2nd set of arms, tho the Newborn wasn't really much of a xenomorph it was kinda man made.

The scarier face went better for the newborn in my oppinion, but still, really good job :)

Navyspaz_01.jpg

hey you can draw betta than me. dam it.

Hey, well, (off-topic) it all depends on talent. Do you know of Paolo Paccaso (excuse me for the wrong spelling)? Or somewhere near that? He drew like that when he was 8-10.

00Bloo_sig02.png

_Zwecky_, Undefined, 17 years ago

That looks aswsome could do with an eviler face but the second set arms looks really cool. I also think it would look good with spines on its tail like the regular drones, but overall GREAT WORK!

00Alien_sig03-1.pngIn Wal-Mart Everyone Can Hear You Scream

wow Crow you ar super and nice work of art why i like Crow go go go Crow super dam sorry

in Space, No one can Hear you Scream i am proud Warrior predalien of Hive try take my head if can as trophy kainde Amedha Chiva

Hm... well, the newborn WAS made in such a way to look as it was a half-evolved thing... somthing that really wasn`t supposed to be there, something that was made by menkind`s hand heheh... and it was half human... i don`t like the newborn in the movie, xcept 4 the face... but yours does not look half-human... it looks like it`s one-more-half-xenomorph. Ah, whatever...

DW.png
From the depths of the great Metal Sea we come to restore equalty...

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well, ty everyone, I am going to try and get a better picture up sometime soon...sadly, my computer is being repaired, which means that I do not have access to Photoshop. When I get my computer back, or when I can use a friend's for a while, I will make a new image.

As for the face, I purposefully made it look "not-so-evil" because this variant does not behave like that...Bloo actually nailed its expression perfectly. It is supposed to be somewhat mentally unstable, which in turn means its face would be relaxed and even innocent one moment and contorted with ferocity the next...it's just another way to represent the instinctual behaviors which conflict with one another inside itself.

I certainly wanted it to be creepy, namely I could think of nothing more terrifying than having something like that in the shadows uttering a word which it had just learned from its own prey...

I tried to proportion the human and xenomorph aspects as well as I could, but in many ways xenomorphs and humans are already very similiar. To make it more human-like I decided to give this version human-like flesh (grey-black in color), eyes, a tongue, five-fingered hands and feet, and the ability to vocalize. I don't want to grant it spines or anything of the like because I want to try to keep its appearance at a gentle balance.

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 17 years ago

Crow, that is class, man!
The blueline pencil is very professional, as well.

00Alien_sig01.png

hajou3, Undefined, 17 years ago

definantly dont want to run into that in an alley, nice work crow.

new-Hajou-3-sig.jpg
HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

The Forum Rules

Hmmmmmm Very disturbing... But I like it. Great work, man!

new-Cory-sig.jpg
.:Killswitch Forum:.
.:The Chainsaw HOUSE:.
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

donut, Undefined, 17 years ago

hehehe... you already know what i think about it /:3 ~<3

857888.jpg
~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~
I ARE A XENOMORPH! MOOF

god_of_blades, Undefined, 17 years ago

Hey, It's better than the real thing. even if it's a drawing.

868194_1.jpg

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

Nice Work Crow. I agree with Bloo it does looks mental. Nice descriptions for the drawing, couldnt of done better(actually i couldnt have even done half that good, lol)

new-Black-sig.jpg

THE EVIL FURBY IN MY SIG IS WATCHING YOU!!!

.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.<--Click it

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Great design m8, although I think that it's facial features lean a little too much to the stereotypical alien look, with the huge eyes, etc. lol, although it still looks sweet. Alien Res would have been a much better movie if a creature like that had been in it instead of the actual newborn which we all saw, lol.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Crow is newborn is Great idea for alien fan who like play as newborn in RPG