New weapon in AVP?

Jackel, Undefined, 18 years ago

In AVP Scar at the end shoots his wristblades at the Queen (through her chest). My question is is this a new Pred weapon or can all the wristblades do this and thats the first time we've seen it?

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

in pred 2 the pred fired a plmasa thing from his whrist as well since we are on the tpic might as well put it down

We"re on a express elevator to hell
GOING DOWN!!

Blade_Hunter, Undefined, 18 years ago

The whole dying after the wristblades are removed thing was started in the Alien vs. Predator 2 game. In the level where the Pred (Your character) wakes up after being captured a clipboard says that the specimen (your character again) went into cardiac arrest when the right gauntlet was removed.

celtic102, Undefined, 18 years ago

Hi folks i had a hard day

Untitled333a3333s41q.jpg
My Horror Site

My Funny Flash Movie Site

Are you sure because when he loads it at the beginning of the film they are separate blades?

LdyLvsPreds, Undefined, 18 years ago

Ok, I just cked the Info link on the Preds on this site and yes this is where i read that. It says though if "removed" subject will die.

LdyLvsPreds, Undefined, 18 years ago

Those were his wristblades? Ok, I feel stupid now, I was thinking that it was a new arm band type that housed his wristblades & the projectiles he shot at the queen.

Some of the info that you read on these sites are very confusing. I read a post titled General Info on Preds (it might have been on this site, not sure) that said if a Pred loses his wristblades he will die. IF this is the case, when Scar faced the queen, he had been injured yes,but i didnt think it was "life threatning" & showed no signs of knowing he was a host, so why would he shoot them at the BEGINNING of the battle? Wouldn't that have been a last resort thing?

it was a wrist mounted speer gun not his wrist blaids

mavrick.jpg

No he fired his wrist blades. A spear gun fires much different projectiles. And as for the whole preds die when they lose their wristblade i have no idea where that came from. Thats like saying that marines die after throwing their combat knives at an enemy.

To one that lives to prove his courage, his lack of fear, and his utmost strength, there is nothing better then the hunt!

They don't look like wristblades though they're to short.

Vendi, Vindi, Vici - I came, I saw, I conquered

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

its one of those movie things i guess, but like i said, the points of the wristblades were visible, then pumped in and out along with the gauntlet. even when paused, all that is visible is are blurs in midair. and i wouldn call them a new weapon, we just may not have seen them in action before.

yeah that's what happened, it's also how the wristblades are loaded into the gauntlet as seen earlier in the movie

stalker.jpg

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

i just saw the AvP dvd and after some pause and slo-mo action, i found out that 'Scar' pumps the top half of the gauntlet, kinda like a shot gun, then aims and fires. the only visible objects that could have been fired were his wristblades, which pumped along with the gauntlet before it fired.

Blade_Hunter, Undefined, 18 years ago

The thing he found in the second movie was just a spear from the Predator's speargun. The whole shoot the blades thing was Anderson's idea just like Stalker said.

Anderson.. Good Idea... NAH =P somebody must mentioned something too him about how they thought it would be cool if a pred could do that!

To one that lives to prove his courage, his lack of fear, and his utmost strength, there is nothing better then the hunt!

scar774, Undefined, 18 years ago

yeah celtic is right, in the second one the guy finds the thing right before he gets killed then danny glover finds it and then they annalize it and find that its made of a mineral thats not on the table of elements

do you know the muffin man?....... i ate him, so GET TO DA CHOPPA

celtic102, Undefined, 18 years ago

I thought it was in Pred 2 u know when the pred shot it right threw the man and it got stuck in the roof ??? Maybe . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Untitled333a3333.jpg
My Horror Site

My Funny Flash Movie Site

Nick_Kang_20, Undefined, 18 years ago

Anderscum finally got a good idea (in my opinion)...

AVP is !

The Xenomorph

The Ultimate Battle

The Yautja Online

The Jedi Order - Are you Jedi enough?
The DarkSide of the force

Please join my forums in my sites...

I think it was just one of paul andersons ideas

stalker.jpg