My Problem with Aliens

tawganator, Xenomorph, 7 years ago

This has been something that has bugged me ever since I first saw Aliens (maybe 2nd since I vaguely recall seeing the end when I was about 3 or 4). What kind of moronic company puts all their eggs in one basket? In this case I am talking about when they left the big ship (can't remember the name) and went down to the planet. Every single person was on that tiny thing and no one was left back on board to keep an eye on things. It's like sending the entire crew of the Enterprise on an away mission on an alien planet. What could go wrong?

It is inconceivable that HR would not be all over that shit. "Oh" but you might say that they did have something if they did not report back and rescue would arrive ASAP. 17 fucking days. No way such a thing could be deemed as responsible by anyone's standards.

I hate ranting so I'll cut to the point. Alot of the shit that happened in Aliens could have been avoided if there was just 1 person left back on board that could send down the 2nd ship and pick everyone up and let HQ now what is going on (though they would be more than happy to fuck them over for a single specimen).

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 7 years ago

I had the same problem with this and with the idiots in Prometheus. Why the fuck did they all take their helmets off? And constantly do the exact opposite of what protocol and rational thought dictates?

Xenomorphs spread via stupidity as much as they do by parasitism.

tawganator, Xenomorph, 7 years ago

I monster that can spread via stupidity? Mankind is doomed.

Hunter_Predator, Xenomorph, 7 years ago

If we look at films that way and call out issues like that just about every film has one of those. Hell, in Alien 1 registering the crew as "expendable" must mean they don't even have an HR. But I digress, I agree with you though, it always bugged me too, but it sets the scene, issues like that when people ask why I just chalk up to "Because it's in the script. Plot Convenience."