Google Translates AVP Quotes

tawganator, Xenomorph, 6 years ago

A long time ago in a forum thread far far away... we played a little game where we would try to guess who and a quote was from. With there being a limited amount of quotes we could use the game quickly flat lined. So now it's Google Translate to the rescue! Take an existing quote from any of the movies and run it through different languages in Google Translate a bunch of times before finally translating it back to English looking nothing like it's original form, then the rest of us does our best to identify it. Solve it correctly then have a go yourself.

The following has been translated from English to French, German, Greek, Danish, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Norwegian, Yiddish, Japanese, Czech, Welsh, Vietnamese, Zulu, Somali, Arabic, Mongolian, Korean, Hindi, Hebrew, Bulgarian, Swahili and then finally English:

"Make sure the boat!"

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 6 years ago

I'm gonna assume "Get to the chopper!" because it's one of the very few quotes I can remember.

God I should watch the movies again.

Gonna start off with a very easy one. English -> Korean -> English -> Japanese -> English

"Apart from her, a bad year!"

Get away from her, you bitch!

I love that line, it always gives me the chills. This one is going to be very tough so I am going to give 1 hint per day that it is not solved. I wish you all the best of luck.

"You long ago, my life, except that I can not remember."

Since I missed a day the hint will be substantial. It is from Alien 3

I don't remember a single word from that movie.

Fair enough. It was a very dialog heavy movie and very little of it mattered. This should narrow it down enough to make googling the answer possible. It was said by Ripley to the Alien.

Well that's a shame. It was "You've been in my life so long, I can't remember anything else". Alright now someone else can have a turn.

Never heard that line in my life.

I don't remember which languages i got this one through, it was a random selection and order:

"Grandma's dirty!"

"I am the mother of an ugly"

Seriously, you can have so much fun re-translating this ones original form.

Hahaha yeah. Welp, those are all the quotes I know.

Alright then try this one out. Perhaps my one favourite line from that whole movie.

"Mosaic is available as DVD collections"