Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Indeed. Why would they give a shit about a society? I mean, Alien + gender roles = resurrection directed by certain people who like king aliens and acid spitting runner predalien king that is also God.

Alien was a great movie because the monster was inhuman and thought unlike us. Honestly, with out gender roles and other things for other threads, we would certainly be happier.

Edit: I honestly think Alien is a step in changing the man must be strong and woman must be weak stereotypes. I think it had an impact on me, to say the least.

This is why I love this site.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Well said.

I disagree with a king Alien on the principal that it humanizes the Xenomorph.

I just released what made the alien so scary.

It made us see the worst in ourselves.

Our worst fears.

Rape.

Also concrete can I Internet marry you yet or do I have to take you out to dinner first.

Dinner and a movie first.

I'd suggest watching the making of documentary of Alien, It explains a lot!

I own the alien quadthingy. We must comb it to it's radical feminist ideas...

Together!

*makes kawii eyes*

Sure! Just no touching!

This is internet marige how am I supposed to touch you? I don't even know where you live yet!

Anyway, should I make a "hidden facts from anthrology and other sources that are canon" thread?

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

"Look at some of Bloos older posts. He doesn't kill his victims. He fucks them. And he plays a female character. And I'll be the first to say i crossed my legs throughout Alien."

You just made me realize what I've been missing recently. The first time around, it just came out of me naturally. The response was so positive that I've tried so hard to emulate that, and I don't think I've hit the mark again, so I kind of just write joke characters now.

You could probably say the same about the Alien films and their directors.

I think that's what all of us xeno's need to do...

Stop being the monster from Aliens and start being the rapist from Alien.

Also, I realized something. Bloo, you said the thing about aliens is they don't know what they are doing. I now believe you are wrong. After watchin the wierd air swim rape thing with lambert, I realized that it knows what it's doing, but it (as far as the Drone was concerned) is the only "thinking" thing. The drone was the most selfish and self serving alien. They know what they want, andit takes it. If it wants to rape.... Then they get it. It doesn't, or is rather incapable of caring if people are harmed. It's rather like a psychopath. Or more persisely a sociopath.

And if we have something like a "King" alien, all that goes away and we are left with nothing but a memory.

Because after seeing the King I could still sleep.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I don't remember when I made that comment, but I agree that I don't agree with what I said.

They're probably not conscious of their actions the way you and I are (being alien and all), but I've always believed that Giger's Drone enjoyed stalking and raping its victims and that it did it just for the hell of it.

That might have been a thing exclusive to this particular Xeno (because of the way other Xenos seem to just move around like mindless drones), or is a trait that shines through with Xenos without Queens, which suggests they have an alien equivalent of a personality.

I'm not ruling that out because I think it makes them more interesting.

I think it was somewhere at the beginning of the RP in the OOC?

I think the real reason the Drone is so scary (at least to me) is that it represents the worst of us. Our sexual desiers and dark thoughts? I'm scared of the Xenomorph because I'm afraid I almost became that once. And giving that feeling, that thing, an a name is just ruining it.

And I think slapping a gender, the term Xenomorph or even Drone on it ruins it a little. Alien. That's what it is.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

In terms of the rape symbolism, in the original drone's second jaw you have a thrusting, dick-like spear AND gnashing, emasculating vagina dentata all in one. On one of the DVDs, I remember Dan O'Bannon (either him or his writing partner, I forget) saying that he wanted the Alien to terrify the men in the audience the way movie monsters had typically terrified women.

Coming back to older monster movies, it's amazing how often women get knocked out and carried off. I mean, the implication is definitely rape, but the fear of the male audience isn't "I might get raped" so much as "someone else might fuck my girlfriend," which is pretty fucked up when you think about it.

It seems like Alien was a deliberate attempt to address that imbalance by turning the tables. Aliens took the next step and had females (I know the Queen is technically genderless within the fiction, but symbolically she's female) take over rolls typically reserved for males: The Hero and The Monster.

Alien 3 takes it a step further by having a woman-as-Jesus metaphor (not the first time it's been done, but probably the first time it was done in a monster movie).

And then Alien Resurrection has a bunch of clone shit that doesn't make any sense and somehow creates a weird flipper baby Alien, but hey, nobody's perfect.

EDIT: Holy, shit, we're actually seriously discussing the Alien films. This is the best thread we've had in years.

gamefreak33797, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I have to agree with whomever said it earlier. The Drone represents the worst in us. The fears and the wants. The deep desires that we keep locked up inside, that at anytime may manifest themselves.

Take me as an example.

The me that is normally here.

I represent the goodness, I have do have impure thoughts, but I do not act on them, I have learned to control my urges.

Then there is the other guy.

He represents the darkness, lets call it the drone. The Drone, from what he has communicated to me, would act on all his thoughts, even the dark ones. But, seeing as how I only seem to lose control when I am alone he can't really do anything to harm anyone physically. But he can still do emotional harm if he has a way of communicating. Kind of like what the Drone did to Ripley near the end of Alien. Killing everyone, to leave her with nightmares.

So by my understanding, everyone has the goodness, and the Drone inside of them. They might or might not be able to control both, but that is what makes us us, and the Aliens alien. They are completely different. Think different. Hell, we don't even know if they shit.

Well, that is the end of my rant.

If you have any questions please ask.

I think the Xenos in general are a twisted reflection of humanity. It's mostly the HR Giger influence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Birth_Machine.jpg

^ This picture's a good example. A womb, with embryos inside is one of the most primal images of life we have, and yet here it is reflected as a cold, metallic gun barrel firing creepy little alien gremlins at whatever gets too close. It's a symbol of fertility and life twisted just slightly into an image of pestilence and death.

Actually, isn't that basically what the Queen is? A giant monster-dispensing Doomgina?

On an unrelated note, "Doomgina" would be a great name for a metal band.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

It kills a part of me to agree, but I know what you guys are saying is true. Its a very primal film, even though its on a spacecraft in the far future. The original drawing of the alien(or at least the earliest one I've seen) had a phallic like end in the back, it also had eyes which detracted from the fright factor. So in essence it is a giant dick that pops out of your chest after you get violently deep-throated.

And yes, "Doomgina" would be a great name for a metal band, you should write us a song.

I guess, We could go into depth about it. We could sit here all night talking about the symbolism and whether they have thought or not.

But at the end of the night. That thing scares me.

It attacks me deep down in the fiber of my sexuality.

And a king would fuck all that up.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I hadn't considered it, but yeah, it stops being scary once you add the king. Its like watching the show "Dinosaurs" then "Jurassic Park" its not going to be scary any more.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Honestly, I wish we could have witness an alien universe where there was no alien queen. Then the gender issue would fall into the same line as telling where the alien was looking. The whole aspect of you not knowing because aliens have no eyes and no signs of gender in the first alien movie makes it that much creeper, as Scott had intended.

I agree. If i could pay money to have AvP removed from my memory i would.

PV2: I've got to disagree there. Aliens is a great companion piece to Alien precisely because of stuff like the inclusion of the Queen.

As to the point about gender, I know this whole thread has been about examining the "female" nature of the queen, but I'd remind you that the "Queen" also has the longest, most powerful cock-jaw of all the Aliens, so there's still a sense of being able to attack the audience where they live, so to speak.

This is ESPECIALLY true if we buy the "drone molting into a Queen" theory, which would put the term "Queen" into a whole new light...