-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

The leader of the Praetorians is either the Queen or... just another Praetorian.

I see what you're saying with the whole "since he's sterile, compensate that with strength," but come on - any place you put the king, he's unnecessary.

Hunter_Predator, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Praetorians I heard were basically Pre-Queens, Princesses, Warriors just beginning to grow their Frills out.

gotta agree on Kings, theres really just no place. I mean some fan arts make me excited to see one but it's like the idea of revealing too much of the Predator's Lifestyle like I said in the Hierarchy topic, it would ruin the whole idea.

What are your guys' thoughts on the way individual males/females might behave? Have you ever had any thought to how higher-ranked Predators would treat the lower ranks (aristocrat assholes, corrupt governors - human stuff) based on wealth or gender? To be honest, I've always thought about them the same way I think about the Elites from Halo (basically lizard Romans in space), but that's probably a bad way to conceptualize them.

And I know we've already settled on "it's the mystery that's so great," but for curiosity's sake, I'd love to know if you've made up or heard better theories regarding individual behavior. If I remember right, City Hunter was in a whole different ball park from Jungle Hunter with his choice of weapons and his chosen hunting ground - it's that kind of thing that I'm so curious about. There was also the Jungle Hunter in Predators, who seemed like an honorable guy (or maybe it was just smart teaming up with able human fighters, given the circumstances).

I know we've mentioned that the best warriors can choose which females to breed with, but that's something I don't buy into because I like the idea that women are the more important gender. Or maybe it's because they're more important that choosing the best partner is key to ensure better offspring?

I've been thinking way too much about this stuff lately.

Perhaps they are for the most part all brought up with a strong sense of honor it just really does vary from one to another. Think of some examples DD brought up once before, Scar let Weyland with a climbing axe go due to illness yet City Hunter blew away an old lady with a mini handgun. And then with all these senses of honor and not killing unarmed non-threats, Berserker killed without mercy or care.

The treatment of females is completely unknown, Yautja could see them as useless breeders because they remain on the homeworld safe and away from any action, or perhaps due to the fact they keep them home and safe they consider them to be precious and sacred.

What if they breed mostly Males? And the Females are a rarity? Like on average there's only 1 female born for every three males? unlike humans who are half and half? But I doubt that.

I'm thinking they see them as more sacred things to be kept safe, because in spite of DD's long list of reasons as to why Yautja are pricks they seem too strict and honorable to see them as lesser beings as opposed to sacred, plus lets not forget Lianna (I think it was) in Predator 2, City Hunter let her go even after she had a handgun entirely due to pregnancy. Pregnancy isn't a sickness obviously (Like Weyland) so other than the fact the Unborn child is defenseless and an unworthy kill in a sense, perhaps that's when he realized "This Human is Female, and currently breeding, she is sacred."

I never really thought about this but I think that of all things them seeing them as sacred is definetly more likely. Despite the novels that claimed them to insult females as "breeders" and seeing them as pathetic underlings, I don't count Novels and Comics as canon so I see females as sacred.

And simply due to the fact that each of them all show very different personalities and ideas as to what's honorable and what's not, and having calm Yautja like Scar, and more angry ruthless killers like Berserker, they all seem to be very different and seem to hunt as such.

These things are why I like Yautja.

And I always put too much thought into these things, mainly Yautja in general.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I agree.

shockwave, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I know there isnt a place or use for the king but, hey its my best thought. Im going to have to agree with you guys though, the king does seem pretty useless

new question, as of now we know that king aliens dont exist, but my next question is what IF they were real?

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

If they were real i'd stop following the Alien Franchise.

Simple. Now stop bringing it up.

@HP: In PREDATOR lore comics aren't cannon. In AvP lore the comics are more cannon than the film!

I agree that the females would be considered sacred.

Seeing as how AvP originated in Comics I can see how you see it that way but personally just due to the facts that it all started in films and that's what gets the most attention and seeing as how games are second more popular and stray the least from Film Canon, I basically consider Films and Games to be the Canon but to each their own.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I like the idea of a reverse lion deal. The females are stronger, but stay at home. The males do the work, but in packs.

While that's my main belief, I still have a huge problem with it - lions hunt for survival, not sport.

Maybe the hunting is just a male dominated pass time. Like in our culture.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

We honestly know nothing of what type of predatory creature they were before they evolved, where they solitary hunters like bears or tigers? or were they Pack hunters like wolves and lions? How did they behave socially, like apes, or like reptiles. We don't know, which makes it hard to figure out their social structure.
Yautja_Evolution.jpg

Lets take this to the other thread

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

@Bloo Just one quick thing

Some studies claim otherwise. I cant find them, but I agree there could have been another analogy.

More like....

The females are like praying mantises. Or black widows. Sex Is fun, now I run.

Just got to throw this in this topic, so do xenomorphs have males and females because there is one way a boy xenomorph could breed. What if male xenos reproduce eggs assexually?

edit: by the way this topic was orriginally named king aliens, but I soppuse this could be named gender in the avp universe

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

^ "Females" already do that.