AVP3 pc-status

Shadowwall, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

So I finally bought it through steam.
And after a few online games I noticed that there are not too many people playing this game.

Because searching for a game takes ages and I sometimes ee the same people again. (3 times in a row)

I still like it though but It seems unpopular.

x_saysell, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I had the same thing with the PS3 version when it first came out, the sad truth of the matter is people are more interested in Call Of Duty than AvP nowadays.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

It is sad :/ the problem is its a modern game, it can be outdone. It isnt like halo were their are dedicated players who are always online!

Mebber, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

"searching for games takes ages" - do you mean ranked or public matches? Ranked matches are crap, and public matches are nearly dead too.

But try the dedicated servers, last time i played AvP3 online i found a bunch of good and full servers there.

K should check out those dedicated.

I also saw many low levels (1 - 10)
So I was like "Where are the veterans ?"

btw when I played it on xbox 360 there were a lot of people if I can remember. Back then it was hard to win a game but now ...

The rank 40 was like "Darn this one knows how to defend"

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

It's because, you see, the control is stupid and the graphic engine is badly optimized.

Mebber, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Most veterans still playing avp3 are, well, on the dedicated servers.

And Rank 43 doesen't has to say anything. Could be also someone who played 4000 survival-matches against bots, a patch activated point-earning for non-ranked matches awhile ago. The only place you don't earn any points are dedicated servers.

What's your nick on steam? Haven't played for a few months, but maybe i'll reinstall the game for a few matches.

delta-boy, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

The reason being it might take so long to get a game on it is because its a piece of shit, and bears no resemblence of gameplay to the masterpiece of that is Gold and AVP2.

Indd avp 2 was brilliant.

I remember those times as a facehugger ^^

my nickname is "Lagger" cause I deserve it -_-

A latency of 1000 is not a rarity. I know what my problem is but just can't solve it. Unless everyone at my place aggrees on rebuilding the whole netwerk.

Peterson, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

hit me up on steam with AVP sometime man ill play with ya i got a few friends that play it but yeah my steam account is matt7150

matt7150 = Sieg ?

Sieg = last online 268 days ago xD