K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

the flood arnt all that stupid they are quite smart. kinda like aliens in a way.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Ok, i see no fact in what you said there, if there were enaugh trees, there would be no global warming and no demonstrating against cutting down forrests, and if there were enaugh resources, there would be no fighting over the resources in Asia and no trying to collonise Mars and get more resources, so you should retink your view over the world, cos it`s not the jolly friendly place it used to be, that`s just what the government wants you to think.

And actually, in Alien, the Xenomorphs were found sleeping, not running around desperate for hoasts.

MonsterOfEnergy, Undefined, 16 years ago

It was sleeping because it was under the heating system, which is a relaxer for Aliens. As soon as Ripley changed the temperature to one extreme the Alien woke up.

Not IT, THEY, all the aliens were hibernating until someone came near them. I`m talking about those first aliens they found, not the one in the shuttle Ripley escaped with.

They were hibernating because there were no more hosts on the planet.

predator428, Undefined, 16 years ago

I think that on their home planet aliens are just average animals. The only reason they seem so unstoppable is because other environments aren't addapted to them. Like when some guy released chinese snake head fish in a US lake. They dominated the environment because that area wasn't addapted to them.

So you are suggesting that if a hive were to be formed in the middle of an uninhabited desert, the drones would trave all the way to the end of the desert to find a resource that is now useless to each of them and especially the queen? Why would the queen want that? Remember that they are intelligent, they don`t just act on instinct.

That was to the Energy guy...

No, I am suggesting that the Queen and her hive would travel to a place with more abundant life.

Broken_Tusk, Undefined, 16 years ago

I gotta chime in here, it seems, that monster you are assuming aliens to be a mindless rampaging enemy hellbent on consuming an entire planet. This seems to be highly unlikely because of the fact that the queen is an extremely intelligent life form, once a planet was killed off then what? She lies dormant with her hive on the remote possibility of someone stumbling across them?

They thrive and do consume everything in the hives vicinity, and once their territory is secured they stop, they do not keep expanding and expanding until everything is dead. In Earth Hive the reason Earth was overran was because there were multiple specimens that escaped and multiple hives started springing up, then humans started nuking things and they cycle repeated.
Point is xenos act very much like hive ants, they will grow to a vast number and then they will search out for resources that the hive needs, they will also defend their territory with the utmost ferocity, and if the queen is compromised the hive will attack at all cost to save her.

And I couldn't help but to point out the whole tree thing mentioned about trees growing faster than we cut them. Thats crazy to think since the rain forest have nearly disappeared because of logging, it takes a matter of minutes to cut a tree down and 20 years or more for one to grow to take its place.

Broken_Tusk, Undefined, 16 years ago

I gotta chime in here, it seems, that monster you are assuming aliens to be a mindless rampaging enemy hellbent on consuming an entire planet. This seems to be highly unlikely because of the fact that the queen is an extremely intelligent life form, once a planet was killed off then what? She lies dormant with her hive on the remote possibility of someone stumbling across them?

They thrive and do consume everything in the hives vicinity, and once their territory is secured they stop, they do not keep expanding and expanding until everything is dead. In Earth Hive the reason Earth was overran was because there were multiple specimens that escaped and multiple hives started springing up, then humans started nuking things and they cycle repeated.
Point is xenos act very much like hive ants, they will grow to a vast number and then they will search out for resources that the hive needs, they will also defend their territory with the utmost ferocity, and if the queen is compromised the hive will attack at all cost to save her.

And I couldn't help but to point out the whole tree thing mentioned about trees growing faster than we cut them. Thats crazy to think since the rain forest have nearly disappeared because of logging, it takes a matter of minutes to cut a tree down and 20 years or more for one to grow to take its place.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

isent there something you all can agree on?

If the Aliens don't commit genocide on what ever planet their on, then explain the ruined civilization and the endless hall of countless eggs in the first movie.

That planet was wiped clean of life by the Aliens. This is their most amazing feat.

And for all we know that hall was inside of a giant building not an interstellar space craft.

This is how i explane the eggs: there was a queen there. The drones were there because humans had been there before and you only saw ONE building on that planet, so you can`t say that there was no life on it except for the aliens, because you didn`t see the whole planet.

And no, we can`t agree on something, because then we`d have nothing to talk about.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

MonsterOfEnergy, you obviously didnt pay attention to the first Alien movie. The "endless hall of eggs" was in the Space Jockey Spacecraft, they were in storage and somehow one got loose. The Aliens did not wipe the planet clean of life, the space jockey pilot was facehugged, and then chestbursted causing it to crashland on the planet. There was also a distress signal sent out from the jockey ship before the crash.

It WAS a spacecraft that the eggs were in.
There WAS NOTHING to commit genocide on in the first place, the planet was empty of life before the jockeys even crashed there.

The mining ship that had the humans would know if humans had been there before.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

looked pretty barren to me....
dont you think there would have been a large uproar if residents lived on the planet? And dont you think that the residents would know the crew of miners would be there, and then send a worry signal to see what happened? Nothing happened.. so i am at the very least assuming the planet was not inhabited by humans.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

The Jockey ship was ALWAYS intended as a crashed spaceship; To my knowledge, it's described as such in the Director's commentary and the screenplay.

BIG problem with the theory of the aliens only hibernating due to lack of hosts: Newt. They must have been aware of her (especially if they are as host-crazy as has been suggested) so why would they just give up on capturing her?

We've never seen a hive that was more than a few weeks old at most. We have no idea how big they typically get, how long they last, or even the lifespan of the average xenomorph. There is no evidence to suggest that Xenos destroy whole planets.

I think that the Aliens always inhabited LV426, but in a desolate location far away from the growing space Jockeys, and the Aliens were very small in numbers. But then the Space Jockeys started polluting the atmosphere. The Alien Queen or just The Aliens (Which ever Ridley Scott had in mind when he made the movie.) sensed this through pheromones and felt out where the source of the pollution was coming from..

I think that the "Space Jockey" ship was a way of getting the remaining Space Jockeys off of the planet. But the Aliens got to them first. They were trying to get off because the Aliens had committed genocide on almost everyone of them, with the exception of the Space Jockeys in the Ship.