Aliens, mistakes of nature?

MonsterOfEnergy, Undefined, 16 years ago

As we have seen, Aliens rely on other races to keep themselves alive, so how or why would nature make something that has to rely on other things that can just be stopped from reproducing by the Aliens themselves? It doesn't make sense unless the Aliens were created as a weapon. Nature wouldn't create such a creature. But then again there have been creatures on Earth that rely on hosts to survive. But Aliens use hosts faster than their hosts can reproduce, this is either a mistake in nature, or they were created to do nothing more than end life.

I'm not saying that they were created by other life forms as a weapon, but that they were created by nature as a way of ending all life on the planet that the life forms inhabited to save the planet itself from a none inhabitable climate caused by the life form that nature created the Aliens to get rid of.

Hard to follow I know, but it might be true.

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

I think i get what your saying in the last part.

For example would it be like aliens being created by nature to end human existance so that Earth would not be uninhabitable in the future from pollution and stuff?

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

Just for the record, there are real animals that lay eggs in living hosts, so considering this is an alien creature we're talking about...

It's implied in the comics and such that the Jockies created the Xenos. If the movies ever give an explanation on where they came from, that will probably be it.

But c'mon, don't tell me I'm the only one who likes the idea of the Xenos being just another screw-up of nature.

I like the idea too, the "created to be weapons for war" just seems to repetative and reused to me. I was just wondering if i was getting the explination right in my last post(if it looked like i believed something else)

"For example would it be like aliens being created by nature to end human existance so that Earth would not be uninhabitable in the future from pollution and stuff?"

Correct.

In reply to what DeathDrop said:

The types of insects and arachnids that lay eggs inside hosts don't reproduce faster than the hosts they need to survive, unlike Aliens.

So nature might have created them for ending life completely for environmental purposes.

Broken_Tusk, Undefined, 16 years ago

In some of the books and comics it is suggested that the space jockeys took the aliens from their home planet and that they started infesting other worlds because they were kept in check by some other predator on their home world.
I dont mind this theory at all, although if there actually were a natural predator of xeno's that would be one BAMF of a species!

Maybe predators could have hunted that species down to so little aliens just began to overrun places that they hitched rides to. So when the other species became extinct then xenos were named the new ultimate prey, and the predators(as in yautja) took on the job of keeping them somewhat in check, along with making a sport out of it, not to mention part of their code.

Just a add on theory to what BT said.

Paving through walls of Aliens is possible with The Predator's super plasma canons, but I highly doubt that the Aliens would make walls, at least not the original design.

What I mean is that the original Aliens were smart enough to avoid groups of Yuatja, and take Space Jockeys as hosts and until they had enough Aliens to hit and run and take one clan of Yuatja out at a time.

If a human can out smart a Yuatja, then an over grown hive can as well. With enough Aliens, the Aliens can do anything. But the problem is when they run out of hosts.

im sorry dude but iam kind of lost as to why your talking about aliens avoiding yautja and some kidnof battle where they did that....i thought this was about nature.

I'm saying that the Yuatja couldn't have kept control of the Aliens without annihilating them all via nukes.

of course not, but i never said they did, I said the Aliens could have hitched rides to other planets, and maybe gotten off undetected.

Also i said that the preds could have taken on the job of having the aliens somewhat in check, not totally.

Assuming they evolved normally:

They may have had some sort of population control on their home world, be it natural predators or environmental hazards. Something to keep their numbers in check. Xenos could simply be part of a larger ecosystem in which they play a small role.

Care to elaborate any?

(freaking edit button!)

Also, animals on the alien home world might reproduce ungodly fast, in which case the xenos could act as population control.

So you mean Xenos act as a type of riot control or something while there might be the same role to work on xeno control for some other species. like a never ending type of cycle until xenos were taken out of the controlled enviroment.

And the edit button was working the other day but i guess not anymore.

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 16 years ago

It has been said (never in any movie but in some books) that if the xenomorph did have a homeworld there would be many a greater predator. in the book AlIENS: EARTH HIVE they visit planet which was supposedly the alien homeworld and they introduced a flying bat-like creature which fed off the xenomorph. so there are the possibilities of natural predators but there are other dissenct signs that the probally did have predators namely how the evolved.

you cant tell me that the xenomorphs acid blood is more of a offenseive evoultion then a defensive. think about it what better way to not be eaten than taste really really bad? or better yet burn a hole through your captors mouth?

then theres the hive structure, being a social being there will be many xenomorphs within a hive at one time thus no average beast is gonna be waltzing through the hive, have you ever seen a mound of ants just take on another bigger insect? its nasty.

the real problem with the xenomorphs though is they are parasitic, meaning all it takes is one space fairing being to come into contact, get infested, travel to some other world to cause a real problem, because those ecosytems are not prepared at all to handle them. you can see this on our planet already ala australia and the rabbit infestation.

and as for your thing about nukes contain the xenomorph infestation the only way you are gonna be able to do that is either genocide or a large hassle, meaning you would have to nuclearly sterilize the entire planet, that mean massive evacuations, screening for the infected, and having to wait for the half life of the radation to reduce to nothing, oh yea and of course there would be no wildlifeon the planetleft once you could move back in

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Interesting theory, DD. I'll assume that they were actually intended for weapons but got out of hand during early production, and somehow a one larger group ended up on a planet that was assumed to be their homeworld. This then leads to the theory of evolution, making them the way they are now, but with vaguely similar robotic designs they had before. These different groups of Aliens landing on numerous planets learn to survive and adapt to those said planets, making each group different in their own ways.

This might also lead to the ways creatures learned to prey on/defend themselves from the xenomorph.

Every theory about the origins of the Aliens can quite possibly be linked together in some way.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

hmm seems like aliens could be the next flood (from the halo games).

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yes, but then that's where the similarities end. Aliens are actually intelligent while the Flood are living zombies, they can't be killed and they also come in large numbers, also being somewhat stupid. They actually do know what they're doing but they only have on objective in their never-ending life. The only way to kill the Flood is to kill every single living thing in the galaxy, or trap them on one of the six-nine Halo's.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

For one, nature isn`t an entity, it`s a concept, so nature doesn`t go around creating stuff. Matter was created from energy, energy and matter combined into a more efficient type of matter, and so from less efficient to more efficient bla bla evolution bla bla, actually, the creation of matter was an accident bla bla bla. Trees spread way slower than humans and are cut down by humans way faster than they spread, so that could mean nature made a mistake when it came with it`s magic wand and made humans, eh?

Also, the Xenomorphs` life style is indeed more deffensive than it is offensive, because they don`t go allover a planet to look for hoasts, they just take those that are in the area of the hive and when the hive is secure, they hibernate until other hoasts come around. The drones live to protect the queen, so as long as the queen is kept under control, the drones won`t stray to far off and eradicate life on the planet. Well that is inless a drone gets lost and can`t make contact with the queen anymore and starts a new hive and so on...

First of all, I know that nature isn't an entity, but I know that it has a way of protecting its own environment.

Second of all, trees grow faster than we cut them down, because of the fact that they are almost everywhere on our planet, growing rapidly. People don't go around cutting down major jungles and forests, just regular sized forests occasionally. The Earth is very abundant in resources.

Third of all, the Aliens do go around looking for hosts. If you inhabit their planet, you aren't safe at all. They want to grow their Alien hive. They are offensive.