gamefreak33797, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Bass?

I personally prefer trumpet.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Nope. I'm a drummer, but I jam with bass players a lot.

Dang, thought I was gonna get it.

Here's how I've decided to color humans. For such an easy coloring method, I think it turns out really nice.
Jim-Deva_zpsebf887c9.png
The person on the right is Jim from The Rain, and the person on the left is an inactive member.

The line art is on the previous page.

Edit: I realize some of you might not be a fan of the whole "anime"-style coloring, so if any of you want to point me in the direction of a different style of coloring, I can try different things out.

Dave's design is taking a lot longer than I thought, but it's nearly done. I've redrawn it several times and I've come to something that I hope you'll like.

For now, here's a colored version of my Giger Drone:
Xeno1_zpsf3c5d197.png
This is pretty much how I'll be drawing everyone. I've taken a liking to trying to imitate Production I.G.'s style of coloring (like in the Kill Bill animation or Blood: The Last Vampire), but obviously I'm not drawing humans in anime-style. The sketchiness of the line art was also an idea taken from them - you can see that I intentionally left the line art rough.

I hope everyone's fine with this, because this is the way I'm keeping it from now on.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

That style is great. Very pleasing, aesthetically at least. It also keeps the xenos looking scary.

@DH: I think so too, and the best part is that it's actually a lot more consistent (and easier) than my last style.

Anyway, I figured I shouldn't delay this any longer. It's not complete, but all the necessities are here. Let me know what you want changed, Dave.
image_zpsf3dcef8b.jpg

That is amazing. I especially like the use of the three jaws.

It's settled: this is how I'll draw and color the final portrait. Showcased here are Dave, FireHunter, Pv2 and Deathdrop. I'll post more sketches next week.

(The red splotches on FH were supposed to be the red patches all over his body, but it ended up looking like blood instead.)

Edit: They were all supposed to be transparent, but whatever.

Dave3_zpsa7619ae8.png
FireHunter2_zps140ccec6.png
Pv2-2_zpse34e46dc.png
DD2_zpsb5669502.png

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Loving it, Dave looks so terrifying! Great work!

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

"and the person on the left is an inactive member."

How very specific of you.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Bloo - that's amazing my friend. Absolutely love it. Nothing needs changing, looks great as it is!

@FH: Glad you think so, I wasn't sure you guys would like the style since I know a lot of you have voiced displeasure about turning AVP into an anime, and this style was greatly influenced by that.

@DW: She was kind of an asshole, but her character was interesting. I wanna keep a lid on revealing inactive members till a lot later in development.

@Dave: I hated a lot of what I came up with, so I was really pleased with this last one. I'm glad it's done, I couldn't move onto much else until I got the design of the head the way I wanted.

SuperTrey007, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Use my character too! Please.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I probably sound like a broken record by this point, but these look awesome.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

OH OH! Was she in Malus' entourage?

"Guess the Inactive Member Who Was Kind of an Asshole" is my favourite game.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Bloo, you beautiful bastard, I've just now noticed that that's Majora's mask.

That's what I get for growing up with a Playstation...

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Amazing work Bloo!!!

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Finals are over Bloo!

The people (me) demand more art!

tawganator, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Whoa. Very damn good.