Concerning the clans...

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

Would anyone be deeply opposed to getting rid of a few of the unneeded clans? Most of them are near-dead anyway, so I thought that narrowing down the list would put more people in each.

I don't even know if we're going to do this or not, I'm just testing the waters to see what people think.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

I vote for Batelu.

But really, personally, i don't like the idea, because you're talking about the Shadow Serpents. So with all due respect, fuck that.

tinmanti, Yautja, 13 years ago

i vote the shadow serpents.

killswitch, Yautja, 13 years ago

Id personally roll them into each other. Just my take of course but activity is the most important thing. It serves no purpose to have dead clans.

The thing is... all clans are pretty dead. I have clan members running around here somewhere but they're not posting in the clan. But the clans aren't really bothering anyone, i don't see why they'd need to be removed. You know, i'm thinking since Firehunter still exists on the internet and comes by every so often, wouldn't it be better if you took leadership of the Shadow Serpents? Because both Bloo and Angus have been missing for a pretty long time and it doesn't look like they're ever actually coming back.

Sounds like a good idea. Provided SS isn't one of the clans being removed.

Its only a suggestion though, like I said in the other thread, I don't want to step into anyones shoes. These guys could be active and simply not posting.

Well yea, I don't ever see them in the Latest Visits section so i just assume they aren't active... But someone would still have to ask Angus about this, i wonder if the email in his profile actually works.

I was actually talking more about Silent Assassins than Shadow Serpents. Balatu and Hunter's Moon could presumably be rolled together as well.

It might get tricky when it comes to deciding who goes where, but we'll figure that out.

Again, I'm not saying we're absolutely going to do this, I just want to see what people thought of the idea. Ideally, some of the clan leaders will add some input.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

Could always just remove the new clans that shouldn't have ever been created anyways. Weyland, SA, and DBO. As for rolling the old original clans together, might be a decent idea, just keep all the old threads in the clan boards, lot of history there unless the current leaders have deleted much of the stuff.

I was under the impression that DBO was pretty active. Is that not the case?

the_doctor, Yautja, 13 years ago

Seems like an okay enough idea. though like Pv2 said I'd like the old posts to stay. Clans have really become redundant here tbh. Though the very existance of Balatu gives DW something to complain about.

It's just that i like to complain about Balatu just like Pv2 complains about DBO. But Weyland, i'd forgotten it even existed. Does anyone actually know any of the guys in that clan? Except vevlaa who comes every 4 months to bitch about his own social ineptitude, i have no idea who the other ones are.

Clans are certainly a good idea provided there active.

It does seem a bit nuts to have 3 Predator clans, 3 alien and 2 marines.

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

indd putting some clans together sounds nice since we have barely any members on this forum in the clans and stuff and Peterson is not around a lot so i'm the only one cleaning the halls of the SA hive :S

We don't have 3 Predator clans -.-'

But anyway, the point of multiple clans of the same species was to also do same species combat, but in the last few RPGs everyone was too busy taking care of their fellow clan. I do not encourage such behavior because it pretty much negates the purpose of being in a different clan.

Mebber, Yautja, 13 years ago

That is why i prefer mercs, they kill everyone for the right payment, regardless of their species.

Well hello there, Mebber, i don't know if you've noticed me and my clan so far, we are mercs, there's a pretty high chance that we will even kill eachother.

I read that there's Hunters Moon, Balatu and Dark Blood Organization.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

Just get rid of DBO and ban Deathwraith, any issue after that is really irrelevant. Kidding, but yeah I'm definitly for the removal of a few dead clans.

Well I'm not a Predator, and i'm the leader of the DBO, so that should somewhat tell you that it's not a Predator clan.

Also, i love Pv2. Does anyone else love Pv2?

No?...
Oh. Well, me neither then.

Fair enough buddy, seems a fair mistake to make mind.

upshot2ylzkkdk.png