IceNeko, Yautja, 13 years ago

Hey I like the clan I joined! The first one because I left and joined SA then went back to DBO. Mostly because DeathWraith's sarcasm is extremlly funny. I really don't know much about the other clans so I dunnon which one to get rid of.

WarBlade, Yautja, 13 years ago

Can we get rid of Hunter's Moon and Balatu and make a new clan? I tried joining both but no one got back to me in almost wo months. That's why I became a bad blood, because is cooler! I also tried to join DBO but they all had a vote and I guess they all voted no. But so far so good I think most of the members of DBO I have come across are alright like AmerthystBlades, BloodHarpy, IceNeko and DeathWraith. I mostly like Harpy though ;).

the_doctor, Yautja, 13 years ago

warblade...seeing as it's so much cooler in your opinion to be a bad blood...why exactly are you complaining about no one replying to your request? if we had of replied you never would have discovered the coolness of not being in the clan ;)

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

can someone give a clear list of what should be done and let's see if most people aggree and then it's settled.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

One thing I'm seeing a lot here is the notion that if there's only one Predator/Alien/whatever clan, members who play as that species couldn't fight each other.

Thing is, the RPG's don't have any continuity. If you want your character to be in a clan in one, but a badblood in the other, that would work out fine.

In any case, could we all agree that losing Weyland and/or the Silent Assassins would be no great loss?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

"I don't even know if we're going to do this or not, I'm just testing the waters to see what people think."

There's your clear list of what should be done.

I don't agree on Silent Assassins' but since DBO acts more as a humanish clan, i think Weyland is expendable.

Also, about fighting eachother, clans used to mean something, you know.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 13 years ago

W-Y's getting folded? Sounds fair enough to me - it was only ever an RP clan anyway, and since RP around here is pretty much dead, I see no reason for keeping it around.

Though I for one can say the last activity in Alpha Draconis was last month - and that was Angel coming back just to hear the empty echoes. Before that, we're talking more like 2010-01-14 15:53:24...January.

I'd suggest deleting them BOTH and making a brand-new marine clan. Fresh start for the humans out there. Who knows, maybe starting the clans again completely from scratch might be a good, if radical, idea.

Or just bringing in some more RP's, XD

I still don't like the idea, i mean whom would you betray if there were only one human clan? Certainly not me, I'm pretty much gonna betray you first from now on. But then again I guess you wouldn't mind betraying your own clan. I really don't like that the Alien clans are pretty much dead, DEAD. Not even merging them into one would really help at this point, but if you have to do something like that, I'm not so sure Peterson would give up his clan in exchange for nothing, but it would be a pretty good idea to merge it with the Shadow Serpents, as much as i hate the thought of Shadowwall talking to himself like an idiot in my beloved clan's request topic... Hunter's Moon and Balatu should stay as they are as far as i'm concerned, but Hunter's Moon is about as dead as the Alien clans, the only member who pops up every so often is Lone Hunter. That would leave us with two and a half pred clans, two Alien clans and one and a half human(ish) clans. I'm pretty confortable with that idea. You could always just add all humans into MY clan, I'm sure they already love me and we'll get along just peachy ^^

Backstabbing Corporate Mercs who crave power and money?

Yeah, I'm down with that, so long as that power's concentrated around me.

Backstabbing Anarchist Alien Hybrid Trololol Sarcastic Mercs who don't give a fuck who or what they kill, or why?

Bit of a stretch for a lot of people. Probably best to keep one non-DBO human clan around.

As for teh treacheries - only reason I did that was so I could take out the guys in charge and get the job myself! Don't mistake honest ambition for Starscream Disorder. I thought I could do a better job than Kidd, Shadow, Murray or Peterson ever could, and endeavored to make an opportunity to prove thus.

Yea, I suppose Balatu's gotta stick around, after all, the mods gotta hang somewhere. DBO is good fun and frankly, you guys keep the site alive so I have no problem with you lot hanging in there. We need a Bug Clan like AIDS needs homosexuality, and The Hive is slightly more active, so I'd say keep them going.

SS and SA are pretty much dead. If KS wants to see if he can revive it by merging the two together and taking charge of the combined heap (if he needs help smacking down Peterson till he agrees, I'm happy to provide), then that sounds pretty good to me. Merging HM into Balatu also works, because, well, one's alive and the other isn't.

The Human clans are a problem though - both are deader than doornails. I'd suggest wiping them both off the map and making a new human clan. Preferably with me in charge, but I can always just backstab my way to the job eventually so that matters little to me one way or another.

So, was making a new clan, then completely isolating it from the rest of the site and after just a few months leaving it to rot for absolutely no reason, part of demostrating your ability as a leader? WY doesn't even have a leader right now. I say you should just take it back and this time, try recruiting some members of THIS site, in stead of just randomly adding members of various other sites. I attract most of the newer members because i have a bad reputation. You have a bad reputation too, and even though you're not quite the rambling boulder what destroys fucking everything in its path that i have become, i'm sure that somewhere inside your brain there is a way to make people follow you willingly. And i mean sane people, not people from gaia. WY is still rightfully yours, it may have a long name that hish probably won't be able to spell ever in his entire life, but i'm sure you can actually make a clan out of it. All you need is to actually want it.

Not really, only P can change clan leaders. Otherwise I'd probably have weasled my way into command of AD now.

I didn't mean take it all by yourself, i meant humbly make a request for it.

delta-boy, Yautja, 13 years ago

Hmmm

*Scribbles down some notes*

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

"that thing about me DW posted" (-_-)

So I had a clear list a few posts ago so are we gonna vote or ...
Ofcourse I rather see the SA clan live on and on the other hand I would like a clan with more activity so...
the final decision lies with Peterson ofcourse so I will follow my leader without doubt ^^

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

Nice to have just;

Shadow Serpents
The Hive
Hunters Moon
Balatu

again, seeing how those were the original four clans, or at least the ones that have been around the longest. The newest ones excluding AD simply popped up because of all the useless traffic created by the rpgs. And seeing how this site wasn't made solely for rpging it wouldn't be a any loss to see those get deleted.

So my next question is, why the hell do we need to vote?

killswitch, Yautja, 13 years ago

Couldn't agree more with everything Pv2 has just said.

I was going to say earlier, but i thought it was common sense. We're not voting, it's up to the mods and ultimately to P what happens. But i don't really see why this was even brought up, it's not like anyone here still seriously believes that doin absolutely anything about the clans will somehow dramatically change the number and quality of posts on this forum. Not even we, the few ones who like to actually talk about AvP, talk about AvP that much anymore. Because i mean, why aren't we talking about Predators? We decided that it was a good movie and kinda left it at that. One thing that seemes somewhat unnatural about this site is that you can't comment on the "News" articles. I think that should be possible. Somehow the front page should be more about the news than the latest topics.

Hmm...

Well, I still think we needs a human clan, and both of the existing ones are, like DEAAAD.

killswitch, Yautja, 13 years ago

"it's not like anyone here still seriously believes that doin absolutely anything about the clans will somehow dramatically change the number and quality of posts on this forum. Not even we, the few ones who like to actually talk about AvP, talk about AvP that much anymore. Because i mean, why aren't we talking about Predators?"

I noticed the sites a little inactive at the minute also. But I think a new clan structure/reshuffle could simply act as a breath of fresh air to the site.

Having looked through the clans, my initial thought is that half of the members in each simply don't visit anymore (to my knowledge), why are they still in the clans?

The clans have to represent the sites current crop of fans and reflect the sites activity. Personally I would create a sub folder in every clan for retired veterans/legends. If they come back its as easy as slotting them back into the clan (if they wish), it would be nice to view the clans and get a fair and accurate representation of which active members actually reside there so when a newb has to choose a species/clan they can look at the clans and recognise individuals they've been interacting with on the board.

Id advise any new clan leaders to essentially strip the dead ends out of the clans via a form of role call and then set the standards high as to who can just "walk into the clan'. The clans can be used to motivate new members in terms of post quality. At the end of it all hopefully the leaders can take pride in the fact that their clan has 5-10-15 or 20 active members who boost a high standard of post quality.

"But I think a new clan structure/reshuffle could simply act as a breath of fresh air to the site."

But that's what making the new clans was supposed to work like. It won't work. Really. All it's gonna do is make some more people not have abything to return to. And new members are pretty useless. I learned to make long posts with various points and opinions on different aspects of a topic because that's how members talked back when I joined. But new members now won't have anything to take as an example, because as i've said, we don't talk about AvP anymore. We try, but it ends after a few posts, because no one else joins in, because new members would rather play My Skull or talk about bitchez and hoez. Last time this happened, My Skull was banned, but i don't know what that would do now.