killswitch, Yautja, 13 years ago

"All it's gonna do is make some more people not have abything to return to."

Trust me mate, what they're returning to isn't making them stay. If, for example 'Donut' of the The Hive returns to avp2.com and takes a peak into the motionless hive, for example, her assumption would be that the site is still dead, certainly the hive and that there's no real reason to stick around. A reformation will spark interests if nothing else.

I'd like to make it clear that my intention is not to strip any of the 'greats' of the site of their identity here, it's simply a change of tides to allow the new members of the site the chance to settle into their position as the sites current active contributors, there are to many shadows in the clans. Like I said, I want to be able to click 'The Hive' and see 5-10-15 or 20 names of members who I could then theoretically come to the board and conform with.

I see nothing but members I probably wont have the chance to talk with again. But if they do drop by...... thats exactly why Ive recommended a section for retired clan members, their status as the site's previous generation is of contributors is stored.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

Actually Donut comes here pretty often, and from time to time says things. I get your point, but i still disagree that removing any of the clans will do anything. A bit of clan rivalry would be good, which would mean that at least the leaders of each clan should be active. It somewhat makes sense, since activity usually peaks during RPGs. But RPGs kinda stopped happening after Pv2 decided the only valid ones were the ones that went after his new specific rules.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

"But RPGs kinda stopped happening after Pv2 decided the only valid ones were the ones that went after his new specific rules."

What new rules? Oh you mean the stupid bullshit I had to throw together because Jacky boy there would pick and poke at every single glitch in any of the rpg rules to find a lupole in which he could make himself super human? Along with all the other stupid morons that joined the site solely to rpg, contributing nothing to the site?

Yeah, I remember those and they can get deleted anytime.

Nah, I mean like when you decided that human/predator hybrids were no longer alright, even though those characters had been used for a very long time, and then Deathdrop started yelling "no more hybrids" making me and my clan have to retreat from the RPG; and when you said that official RPGs, for which you get stats points, are the ones started by mods, then started an RPG and half way through, remembered to mention that it wasn't official. You were probably trying to do something good there, but it was kinda half-assed.

Who would bother to work on a setting and story for an RPG if there's a possiblity that the mods suddenly come and say "oh, sorry, it's not a real RPG" even though it has just the same quality posts as the "official" ones? Even if the stats aren't that important, it's a bit demeaning to be told that the RPG you've been playing through with all your RPing will is less important than the ones a certain mod is taking part in.

And who would bother to post in an official RPG anyway, if there's a possibility that in the middle of it, all of a sudden moderators decide that you can't play as your character anymore?

I mean look at some of these new characters in my clan, some of them have tails, do you really accept them as human-alien hybrids with tails, or are you just waiting for the middle of an RPG to tell them that they can't play that anymore?

For me personally, you've managed to turn an RPG into something i await with frustration, because i have a clan with people in it, whom i have to convince to take from their own time and write long and good with the possibility of some kind of victory. How the hell am i supposed to do that when i can't be sure whether they're gonna make it through or suddenly be told that them and the leader of their clan have been wasting their time with the RPG because they hadn't been fit to participate all along?

horror.jpg

I got as far as your first paragraph, then you mention hybrids and I completely spaced. The deal about dishing out rank points during rpgs came about because nobody could contribute anything intelligent to the site otherwise.

Anyways, I don't really care about the rpgs, they're a minor part of this site. Besides that your bais from the last rpg so stfu, lol.

I'm biased from back when Crow started that one RPG that the Shadow Serpents couldn't join, you have no idea what you're talking about. But i can totally see where you're comeing from, i mean "I got as far as your first paragraph, then you mention hybrids and I completely spaced." holy shit that's so impartial. But of course, since you remembered to completely space, i guess it means you've still got it, completely spacing is utmost quality moderation.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 13 years ago

-=Shrugs=- I'm only here for the RPG's, really. The average conversation on this site isn't exactly interesting.

Since it doesn't involve what 10x10.gif you payed $100 for this month, i assume?

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 13 years ago

What on earth are you blabberin' on about, DW?

One-Winged_Angel, Yautja, 13 years ago

i came for the RPs too.

dunn is right though the conversations aren't the most interesting things in the world

I'm talking about gaia, Samuel Jackson Dunnemere. It's really unfitting that someone from gaia would criticize anything else on the internet.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

The general consensus seems pretty mixed, so we might have a vote thread to decide. Watch this space.

Kidd, Yautja, 13 years ago

Might as well pop fifty cents into this machine...

Ok... The debate is about the clans, hoo-ah? Hmmm... Let's see what this soldier has in mind.

The talk is about removing clans due to the fact that the site has only several active members.
Yes! Downgrade.
I have to agree, we have way too many clans on this site. I also have to agree with Pv2 but not entirely. Due to the numbers I'm seeing, I agree with him on cutting it down to the original five clans, yet again, I do not agree with the total number of clans. I still see two yautja and two xenomorph clans against one human clan.
Yes, I do understand there are more Yautja and Xenomorph fans out there than Human ones and also the human supporters are more influenced to join their own nation's military. For example, myself, Aeo, and GenFC_Death.

Also, the position of leadership is not to be toyed with. Being a Clan Leader takes alot of Responsibility. So, a member has to show alot of maturity and to take the intiative to take over while the Leader is shirking on his duties. Once again, I am a prime example of a leader shirking on his duties.

I do not agree with removing Alpha Draconis from the roster of clans, because that is the most notable Human Clan on this site. I have to say the same with the Shadow Serphents, The Hive, Balatu, and the Hunter's Moon clans too. I do not agree with myself has to cut the site down to three clans total because that is like erasing the very thing that made the site.

You guys can say the samething about me having mixed emotions about this subject, but I do, yet again I don't, agree with cutting the clan numbers down to the original five clans that really made the site that it is.

If you guys are willing to merge Yautja and Xenomorph clans together, that is a good idea, but it still cut some of this site's history out. Also, The Weyland Yutani will have to be merged with Alpha Draconis because that marine clan is a key player in this site.

Regardless of the players in the RPGs, the marines of Alpha Draconis are the protagonist while Weyland Yutani plays the Antagonist who are always expecting the marines to do their dirty work.
Weyland Yutani should not be played by any players because everything about the war between the Marines against the Extraterestials are all based by the workings of Weyland Yutani. Now, if you wish to have a player or two to play as a villian to the marines besides the aliens, then that will make the RPGs wonderful. (Then it would cause problems because every fucken marine wants to kill the damn bastard...)

Anyway, yea, cut the total number of Clans. I agree with you guys there. Now, here is the catch. DBO, I have not yet forgotten about you wonderful... uh... freaks of nature. This clan, I have to suggest to keep, because they basically bring the Comics and Games into the mix, such has PREDATOR: Concrete Jungle.

My Personal Oppinion, lets keep one Marine, one Predator, one Aliens, and another has Extras. The clan such as DBO, to me, would make a prime candidate to hold characters that can put a twist in the plot. Afterall, they basically are... the diabolical creations of Weyland Yutani.

Well, I may have more to say, but that is my own personal oppinion for now.

idk i think im the only one who even still looks at the AD forum kidd

^ Well, that's one of things things we're trying to change.

Kidd is right, we should keep AD. Aside from my own personal opinion, its only right to have at least one human clan.

i understand, but does WY even have any people left?

Good question, is anybody left in Weyland?

I've checked it, and there was barely anybody in Weyland to begin with. There's MAYBE 8 threads, most of which are pinned topics. So fuck em'. I think that's one we can all agree should be gotten rid of.

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

Weyland died again :)