New Predalien Images

Stalker, Yautja, 16 years ago

I'm very impressed with some of these new shots, they show the predalien up close in full detail, enjoy:

Predalien vs. The Wolf
Predalien up-close
Hospital Terror
Face to Face
The Hybrid

_Zwecky_, Yautja, 16 years ago

I like the last pic the best....under two months till avp2 =D

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

...wtf? sorry but i really do hate the look of that predalien i kinda expected it to be alot less bulkyer then that and on that hospitle picture it kinda makes the predalien have eyes and the way its body structure is layed it i deffently resembles more predator then alien. and on one of the pic's light shines through its head so... does it have a brain or what? i can understand how a thing like that could kill a ship full of preds but i really dont like the design of it too bulky if you ask me, it will be ne of the things that will put me off of this movie but... atleast it still looks better then avp.

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

It is pretty bulky but I am very satisfied with it.

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

I love it. Exactly what a Predalien should look like. Its more Alien than anything but seems like it moves on its own (so to speak) like a humanoid.

The only thing I'm disapointed with his the Wolf's combistick. Same thing as AVP's. I was expecting something better. Hopefully he'll use it better and I'll be much more of a fan for the combistick.

I personally have mixed feelings about the predalien. On one hand, the disjointed mandibles, head, & predator-like skin texture look fantastic, although the massive dragon-like tail, bulky hands, & chunky dreadlocks could use some adjusting in my opinion. Overall I think it will look fantastic in the final film though, as keep in mind these are production shots, so the lighting is fairly off.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 16 years ago

I don`t like it at all... The mandibles come from somewhere in the back upper side of his head and look more like clamps or whatever those are called than like mandibles. And his body looks like mozarella pizza. And why does the tail have an orchid at the end.....?

Here's another new image of the predalien roaring, the mandibles are pointing out all over the place, doesn't look quite right to me.

Predalien

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Yautja, 16 years ago

sereusly... wtf? i really do hate that thing which is a good thing because it looks so lovely to kill and wipe it out of exsistence.

Waralien, Yautja, 16 years ago

Is that what the Predalien suppost to be? WTF?????? I mean, the design is pretty good but the mandibles, oh the mandibles, It looks like the director was low on money and strapped mandebles to the side of a Warrior's head. As for the bulky body, could use some work... But the head. Man I thought, if it had dread locks at least they'd be long, not weird tail things sticking out of its head. But besides all that pretty good(I guess).

I guess I'm the only one who really likes it. I'm glad they took the time to design the face like the drones from the first AVP instead of being cheap and having it like all the others in this movie. It makes more sense anyways seeing how its the last of that hive.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

YUCK.

Are you telling me I waited 3 years for THAT?! It looks AWFUL. It looks almost as bad as the Newborn! I don't blame the creators; they have a limited budget from what I understand, but Jesus... I expected it to at least look better than that.

The Wolf cannot be killed by that thing. He just... CAN'T.

You all think the desgin is bad? Take a look at this, it is part of the article that went with the pictures.

"Unlike the original Aliens, the Predalien doesn't lay eggs which are then transported by a face-hugger. The new creature can regurgitate in it's victim's mouth."

WHAT THE HELL??? I did NOT see that comming.

I don`t even understand what the hell they mean by that!!! Let me read that a few times and i`ll edit my post... Or could someone post a link to the article, please?

Ok i read it again and all i can think of is...

"Unlike the original Aliens, the Predalien doesn't lay eggs which are then transported by a face-hugger." - WHAT???

Heh, everyone's been raging about it on AVP Galaxy since yesterday, apparently the predalien will actually vomit am embryo into the mouth of a victim, which will "replace the need for facehuggers", at least according to USA Today, although that hasn't officially been confirmed by the Strause Bros.

As far as the design itself goes, it could have been improved, but it could have been a hell of alot worse. I personally like some of its distinctive features, such as the skin tones (which will look better in the final film, as these are production shots) & the fierce looking mandibles. One thing I'm not fond of is the massive tail, it looks like something you'd expect to see on a dragon, not an alien. The chunky dreadlocks could use some tweaking as well.

Namicole, Yautja, 16 years ago

IT WHATS IN ITS VICTIMES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... (this is like learning about sex all over again...) dude i AM a alien but i say" KILL THAT MOFO!!!"

Unlike everyone else, I'm loving everything. Even the new way of making Aliens. Its not as good as the Queen but it will do for me. I mean, imagine a Predalien biting you down with its mandibles and vomiting an embyro into your mouth. No wonder theres no queen in this!

So help me Jeanne and even God, i will never doubt Dave`s words from now on... Unless he likes it himself... Then i will doubt all of his words.

That`s not Xenoorph anymore... That`s pure bullshit... Up to this point, i like the Newborn more. But still, maybe the film will be good. If i look at it as being a Predator 3, then maybe it will seem better even with the Bullshitalien, cos that`s not what a predalien was supposed to be... Oh well... i guess i`m not always right after all.

(Yeah, right, like THAT could ever happen!)

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

I'm still faithful that this movie will be cool, but this was a major let-down.

Colin Strause just confirmed the "embryo-vomiting" reproduction on AVP Galaxy, although he talked about it in only one specific scene, saying it was meant to be much akin to the "rape" scene in Alien. He also hinted at the fact that the predalien was actually a developing Queen, raising its army of warriors.

That explains why the other aliens didn't just vomit in people, it is a feature only the queen has.