DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

As much as an insensitive prick who's looking for a fight as i may sound now, "don't assume, what you don't know." apart from having bad punctuation is a pretty stupid thing to say, because to assume implies that you don't know. Because assuming something when you know it is not just pointless, it is simply impossible.

But anyway, what she's probably trying to say is that any of the franchises could have originated in comic books or novels, that at some point someone could have had the idea of aliens or predators and wrote a comic book or book about it and the movies would have been made after those. Ghost Rider however is a bad example because tht is the most horrible movie i've ever seen, which makes me think that Bloo is certainly right and aliens/predator would not have had such a great impact as comics or books.

shadowatching, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

using cellphone to write this....so expect mistakes....

even though you all say that alien and predator is better at movies and you dont think they are made for comic's. i would hate to dissappoint you again. i dont think any of you read what i have to say even when i fully tell you exactly what i said

'how do you know if it would of been a comic before a movie' which didnt you understand?

now. lets say that the comic came out then the movie.....would there still be this confusion...i prefer the 'pretty pictures' then the close to sezure (sp?) inducing movie.....well you try to watch it while having a huge headache

next time read each word carefuly before wondering what i am saying. i do to you all.....please return that respect

TribalWerewolf9, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

bloo/doc predator and alien movies are horror.horror in comics r mostly slash,hack storylines and not meant for the people to have the same feeling as the movie.plus the people who write the comics and books are people who are doing what they think the directers or writers or the creator of the series to have wanted. shadowwatching u could be right but people would have 2 go back through records and that would be a drag

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

so the question is
'how do you know if it would of been a comic before a movie'
well we do know, otherwise we would be refering to it in different ways, we know the first pred comic came out after the first movie...not sure about alien.

either way cannon is still what is portrayed in the film franchise. simple as that.

TribalWerewolf9, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

the guy could have made a comic for it and when a producer or whatever read it he wanted to make a movie

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Alright, this is getting kind of ridiculous...

First of all, Tribal, what you're refering to is a story board. Second, Shadow, what you're talking about is a script.

Don't take me too literally. I know what you mean and I have the ability to understand what you're saying, but if we're going to be thinking like that, how do we know it wasn't a movie first? A comic? Who knows? What I'm saying is, do you really think Alien and Predator would have made such an impact on today's fictional world had they been pictures on a page for a few dollars? They redefined the way science fiction and horror is looked at and I doubt they could give you the same overall feeling as some comic.

Which is what I was trying to say when I started the topic but failed to put into words to compensate for my feelings. The main reason I never showed any interest before this topic was because I had always doubted they would deliver like the movies.

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

hmm in the comic world i have to say 'no'. the premise would not really be enough. the thing about alien and predator that make it such a pop culture icon is the fact that both are very well written and directed films.

they would in turn have to be very well written and drawn to have any impact on culture as a comic (think watchmen or well...watchmen) it would need multi-layered storylines and characters with more dimensions than an MC Escher. ultimatly that would destroy what we actually love about the concept of the franchises