alien-drone, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

true

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

look though it may be faithful to the movies as a source material it is still part of a spin off media. its still not reguarded as a source material. unless appporved officially in some way.
theres only a few cases where a second source has been accepted as cannon in any franchise

shadowatching, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

I am not stating that the movie/games, shouldn't be disputed, just the simple fact that, there Could be other places that could be cannon.

Just trying to open the eyes and maybe we could have more questions in here, besides what I posted from the "Galaxy" site...

TribalWerewolf9, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

in my opinion the comics,games, and books would be canon if they were present day and not in the future like half half the crap they alreaady have

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Movie material is cannon. Some novelizations are considered cannon. Movie material that appears in comics are cannon because they're in the movies. Other stuff? No.

Also Tribal, Alien, the first movie in the whole franchise, was NOT present day. Are you saying Alien isn't cannon?

i agree with bloo's statements exactly, and even so novilizations and such cant be debated as cannon.

If one hasn't seen the movie, how would they know what's cannon and what is not.

No, not trying to play dumb or trying to raise anger, just going around to the different ways of "Cannon" and not...So that, if I start a conversation with another, about it. Ic an be able to inform them better and be more knowledgeable.

alien-drone, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

thats not a bad idea

TribalWerewolf9, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

bloo. the alien movies are canon for future references and predator things should be present day

Predator I'm thinking was not in the present-present. Predator 2 was in the future (at the time it was made). The rest of the Alien movies were set in the future. The only ones that were in present day were the AVP movies.

Also, I see where you're going with the idea Shadow. It's just this unwritten rule that the original media source holds the cannon information where spin-offs don't, which is what the comics and novels are. Even if the information is possible, it can't be confirmed until it's been in the movies.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

Exactly Bloo, there are tons of different theories and ideas surrounding the aliens and predators, but the movies came first and as such they are the prime median in which to base any canon ideas.

If it was not for the first alien and predator movies, there would be no comics or books.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

This is kinda wied, because the movies being canon is based on the ida that the guys who made the first movies made the universe around these creatures and only they can say how it "really" was. And paradoxally, we are taking so many other movies made by other people as canon. That's because the copyright though, cos if the idea was sold to those guys, then it's their idea too. Kinda wierd, huh? But the comics are just fan fiction, no more canon than what we do in our RPG's.

How would you know Pv2?

Ghost rider, came from comic's as well as other movies....Resident evil came from a game, before it went to a movie. Batman, was a comic before a movie/cartoon.

Not all movies goes to Comic, you never know.....

never know what exactly? im still fairly unclear about your point shadow :P the series you just listed off have the orginal source as the cannon, comics are still the originaly cannon for series that originated there.

What I am saying is, don't assume, what you don't know.

In those title's cases, the comics are the original cannon because that was the medium in which they first originated. In Alien, Predator, and even AVP's cases, it was the movies.

lets take for instance, it never went to movie. But it went to book or even comic, do you think this site would of been made?

That wasn't the question in the first place, but alright then. Maybe, under different circumstances. I doubt Alien could have made the same impact as a graphic novel, though. Predator, too. To me they don't feel the same. They don't deliver the feeling you get when you watch the movies. Disturbing, maybe, but it's not the same.

exactly, predator and alien are tailored for the screen, saying that has nothing to with the original point. again im not really clear where your trying to go with this shadow

It's like a Socrates thing I think...