-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

The only comics I've ever read were the Spider-man and Batman ones, and the only ones I've ever collected were the Fullmetal Alchemist books. I still haven't checked that place out, but I might soon.

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

btw if your buying single issues....stay away from Predator: the bloody sands of time....just forewarning lol

alien-drone, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

why stay away from that particular comic

it takes a pretty good idea,which is exploring predators in the past specifically WW1. i bought the comic thinking this is gonna be great. turns out half of it is a guy finding a journal from WW1 with random occurences of preds showing up on the front line. its a pretty big dissapointment in my opinion. lol

That kinda' sounds to me like the Preds want to serve the US some justice...

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

BSOT, condensed version:

The idea is that this lawyer is trying to defend a black-ops guy for killing a whole village in what appeared to be a South American country. It was really a pred, but they obviously don't believe that (or do they?)

The lawyer realises the guy's story resembles other incidents, at which point he investigates further.

It's mostly flashbacks from there, and only involves the fighting between France and Germany with the preds killing both sides.

It's really a war story dressed up like a Predator story, though. The conspiracy angle is there to set up the WWI scenes.

yeah see i was expecting a narrative that was set in the past completely with BSOT, to me the flashbacks seemed like a bit of a cop out. though there are some cool parts in the flashbacks. there is one pred comic set during the american civil war aswell but its title escapes me right now, anyone read that?

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

It's called "Hell Come a'Walkin", though I haven't read it.

yeah thats the one, ive been meaning to check it out, there were a few ive been wanting to get my hands on...did anyone also that recent batman vs superman vs alien vs predator comic?

alien-drone, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

thats a mouth full

That's what-

No but I've heard of it, but I don't want to check it out.

no i dont want to check it out either, just thought someone could confirm that it was as crap as i thought it would be

shadowatching, Xenomorph, 15 years ago

How do we know whats, cannon and what is not.

Usually information that's found in the original form of media, which are the movies in this case. Even Aliens versus Predator originated in the movies (Predator 2).

Actually Doc, I might search for scans of that and see if it's interesting just for the hell of it. It seems too ridiculous to pass up.

heheh yeah, the only thing that really put me off other than the concept was the fact that the art looked equally as rediculous

The reason of that question is because of the last AVP movie, where Yutani took the Yautja weapon and is going to use it as one of her own, later on.

In the books that I have read, has it where people have the Yautja technology. If the end of that movie, has where the Yutani has the tech, then The books are just as accurate...

true but the books are still not cannon, only the movies are cannon simple as that. plus the films do imitate elements from the books sometimes.

Even though there is hundreds of different books. Comic's included how do we know which ones are along the lines of the movie/games?

What I am saying is, we should question every comic there is, what if there is comic's that is cannon, without it being "cannon"...I know your confused at it...just bear with me.

But if there is a comic out there, that is cannon but has non-cannon qualities, what makes it cannon and what makes it not?

-knows its confusing-

so are we talking about something like "aliens:newt's tale" or the alien 3 adaption that follow the cannon storyline but add to it?

Exactly that. I saw a few books, that seems to be a Predator cannon, but when i talked to Stalker, he says other wise. So, I prefer to see some of it, as cannon, If its BEEN in the movie right?

I was told, so far yes

So, if its in the movie, and its a book, then why isn't it cannon? It has all the pred stuff, from the way they move and "talk" to the way they act...ish...even the weapons...but, still its not cannon

What isn't cannon is "Forever Midnight" That gives the evil aspects of pred.