Why does Weyland-Yutani want xenomorphs for?

EliteHunter13, Yautja, 10 years ago

Hey guys and gals,
I got to thinking about WY and thought, hey, they wanted the ulitmate weapon, right? So, what do they want them? It obviously costs a load of money to house, let alone contain them. So, why?

Suggestions and questions are greatly appreciated.

gamefreak33797, Yautja, 10 years ago

Probably like what you just said, they are the perfect weapon, they can adapt to anything, and they almost impossible to see in the dark without help.

EliteHunter13, Yautja, 10 years ago

I mean like, are WY at war, or something?

gamefreak33797, Yautja, 10 years ago

They want total control of everything.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

The scientific knowledge that could be gained from studying their biology would be worth a fortune, and would also make perfect bioweapons.

ultimate-xeno, Yautja, 10 years ago

DD's right the would make the perfect bioweapon.
But also if they could train them, they could be like some sort of silent assassin(which they already are)in like the tightest of places.

Blizzard, Yautja, 10 years ago

the same reason why I would do it
power ,money ,fame ,blackmaill
hell it would make a perfect weapon against competitors
for terrorism just sneak one into a facility and they can cause irreversible damage

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

To me it shows alot about the future they're trying to show us without saying much.

In Star Trek we know that no one seeks the perfect weapon as most of the time, Human beings live in harmony with eachother.

Even though there isn't a war, The writers are trying to show that the world THEY live in is run by militant corporations. The films had a slight "Don't become this" social commentary

krio, Yautja, 10 years ago

The whole reason wey-yu tryed to do that is because they want the ultimate weapons. They want to be able to eliminate all that stands in their way. The same reason the mala'kak (engi's) made them.

Xenotor, Yautja, 10 years ago

Well, One may think that they want it for the money but maybe they are curious as to what is out their maybe there are more advanced technology out their and capturing the Xenomorphs would just increase the mentality.

beotray, Yautja, 10 years ago

Warfare, science, and most of all, A NEW LIFE FORM!

shockwave, Yautja, 10 years ago

mabye just to share notes and drink some coffee lol. But the main reason is to train them, turn them into the ultiment weopons and soldures, and to also make some money $-$

Reem, Yautja, 10 years ago

Or maybe just because humans have a weird curiosity to know everything about anything(if that made sense), that's my opinion plus there awesome.

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

I'm starting to think this thread has run its course. If you still want an answer then here are some sugested films that explain it.

Alien.
Aliens.
Alien 3.
Alien Resurrection.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

Excellent references. It's amazing how many people don't use them - they're pratically Google in this thread's case.

FireHunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

Well put. This topic is locked.