What makes a Predator a Predator?

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

The more I think of it the more complicated it seems. They are the ultimate Hunters, they hunt humans for sport,travel the universe to hunt, so basically their whole lives revolve around hunting. They have this unique technology and variety of weapons and vision modes. They use high vantage points to stalk their prey from certain distances, adding to their hunting strategy.
But what confuses me is when we get into the whole honor thing. I don't understand their whole code of conducts, so to speak, like all their rules that Predator fans have made up over he years based on their theories from the movies and comics. I pretty much see it as this: Predators Hunt for sport, they travel the Universe to hunt all sorts of prey. Some travel in packs or 'Clans' and some are lone 'wolves'. I also believe that in a Predator clan all Predators are equal, but then there is the one Elder who has seen it all and guides or advises these Predators through their countless hunts across the universe. No I don't believe in the ranking system, I believe its Predator (Young blood or whatever you call it) and Elder Predator, none of this in between crap.

So what is it to you, their hunting techniques, technology, strategy?
What do you think makes a Predator?

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

The fact that they prey on stuff makes them predators. Everything else makes them Yautja.

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I should have changed the title, what makes a 'Yautja' a 'Yautja'. I've always called a Predator a Predator or Hunter, just because Yautja is something that was never introduced in the films.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

It's the mandibles that make a Yautja a Yautja silly, doesn't he know anything precious?

No, I don'ts think so or else he would have know about the mandibles love

Yes, we shouldn't have doubted you, you always know best

Yes! We always knows best, it was us that kept us alive! Me, me alone!

Don'ts yell at us precious, we hates it when you yell at us!

Shut up, quit your sniveling

Yes precious, we'll be quiet now

Good....................................

badapple24, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

How many people pictured that in smeagols voice?

krio, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

i did...

but what i think is that the predators have no honor code.....

but they do have ranks....

the reason they hunt is to become a higher rank, or in other words... higher in the honor...

no not honor code, but more like the native americans honor ranks...

youngblood

hunter

witch doctor (yautja name: doctor)

village guards (the ones on the pyramids)

the warriors (yautja name: elite)

the elder

i think they resemble native americans for most of the part.

badapple24, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

True but Human hunters have no honor, they kill random innocent deer and Bunnehs.

So why should the predators?

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

It depends on our definition of honor, and our two species may have a completely different understanding of the concept.

Shit, even within our OWN species, there's a lot of differentiation between what's considered right and what's not, honor notwithstanding.

There's a whole different thread for that topic, but it's a pretty big contender for "what makes a Predator a Predator."

krio, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

i say.... the fact that it looks diffrent!!!!!!!!

that is what makes a predator a predator!!!!!!!

his awesome looks and his greed for CHEESECAKE!!!!!

i am getting way too enthousatic....

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Don't... don't you ever bring up cheesecake.

Ever again.

ultimate-xeno, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

R.I.P Shockwave.

ciaosarah, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Those routes include Bangkok - Pitsanuloak, mens nike air max limited which will be extended to Chiang Mai City, mens nike air max limited sneakers viewed as the country's men's nike air max limited sneakers northern logistical men's air max limited hub and tourist destination hub; Bangkok - Nakorn men's air max limited shoes Ratchasima, which will men's air max limited sneakers be extended to Nong Khai province, viewed as a gateway men's air max limited trainers to the Lao capital of Vientiane; men's air max limited shoes uk Bangkok - Rayong, the country's eastern men's air max limited online seaboard industrial hub and deep-sea port; men's air max limited shoes wholesale and Bangkok - Hua Hin, viewed as men's nike air max limited cheap a flourishing tourist destination and gateway to men's nike air max limited sale the southern region. No matter men's nike air max limited white which party will finally win the bidding men's nike air max limited black for the high- speed trains, all the railways running nike air max limited running shoes through those provinces will apply the same operational systems, according to the transport minister. Chatchart said he will leave for Kunming city in southern China some time next month to discuss the 4.9-billion- U.S.-dollar high- speed rail project with senior Chinese government officials.