Splintered

cutm3up, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well, i havent made a topic in a few eons, and after all, my beards already gone grey, but ive finished my 40 page story and everyone else seems to be posting theirs, so why not? lets see if anyone has the energy to read it, but be wary! i started it over a year ago, so the vocab may develop more and more throughout:

(mods may lock/ delete it, its fine with me)

(( and i know its not as good as darkblade bug's :p))

Splintered

Flames everywhere, screams and dead bodies in the dirt, I stood there and looked at my destroyed village I saw a cloaked man running shiftily down a small gap between two buildings and ran after him and stopped as I saw an luminous blade that bent the moonlight gracefully in his hand, I stumbled backwards and fell loudly, the cloaked figure ducked and swerved to see me, he pulled a bow from nowhere and fired an arrow at me, I covered my face and awaited to feel what death felt like. After a few seconds I looked up hastily to see him grinning malevolently behind me, I turned and screamed, I couldn’t stop, I screamed in abject terror. The cloaked figure threw his cloak to the floor and leapt at the two shades that had appeared out of the floor, one of them just stood and watched as the larger, more brutish of the two swung a large axe at the man, he dodged and clashed with him, and in that second the moonlight shone up the entire alley, and the man looked like my father, who had died when I was young.
“…Dad?†I mumbled.
The man turned in surprise and the slow brute took his chance and punched the man in his back. The man’s eyes shone deep red for a slight moment, and he turned and cut deep into the shades flesh, it fell to the ground and vanished into the dirt beneath them. The other still looked amused, and threw back his cape to reveal a thin layer of leather armour, and a long viciously curved blade. He stood in a fighting position with his fists up; my father lunged at the beast and looks in horror as it threw the sword to one side and swiftly ran forward and dug his blade into my Dad. He fell facing me and grinned before going limp. It turned saw me, dived at me baring malicious teeth.

I jolted up, panting heavily to realise it was only a dream, but it seemed so real. I got up and put on a tunic quickly and went outside, a fire was burning and many clan villagers were training in the first beam of sunlight they were each fighting in unique ways, because each villager had a name, best suited to their ability.
“Up a bit early aren’t you, Blood?†said my friend, stone said sarcastically.
“Dam, spine looks like he is in top form today.†I said while staring at a 13 boy in wooden armour screaming at punching a tall bulky teenager to the floor.
“Yep, he’s challenging everyone, and he hasn’t lost yet.†Stone muttered.
“Blood! Me and you NOW!†spine demanded angrily
“But you know me…â€Â
“Yes I know you have no known power yet, but you are stronger than most without your power.†spine finished.
I stood forward and braced myself and everyone looked in awe, muttering and whispering. I ignored them and thought on the defence, spine swung three times and I blocked each with increasing difficulty, but without showing it. After at least 8 swings from spine he began panting and laughed:
“You wimp, give me a real match†spine mocked.â€Â
“No, I’m not going flat out in a small rumble.â€Â
“You’re just like your father, never following through for the clan, that’s why he was banished.â€Â
The small crowd watching stared at me expectantly.
“He quit on his… how you would…*pant, pant* I…No!†I shouted in pent up angerâ€Â
My vision blurred and my built-up rage took control, I ran forward and ripped at spine, with a barrage of heavy punches, I saw my anger letting loose and the fear in spines eyes as he tried to continue to block my continuous swipes at him, I punched him flat on his chest and grabbed his arm and leg, I swung him and threw him 40 metres across the clearing, I sprinted after him instantly and jumped above him, to feel a pain to my side, the chieftain and stopped me.
My anger vanished and I rose looking at the crowd, they were speechless…looking at me with anger, and slight fear. I walked past them silently, without even saying anything to Stone.

A few hours later I was sitting on my bed looking through my possessions, I didn’t have many, but they meant a lot to me, like a large pebble that me and stone has polished and carved drawings on, and a bow made of a strange white wood that was made by my father, it wasn’t big, a perfect size for me.
And a detailed scripture of my father, and me as I put it away I jumped as I saw fang walk in my hut. I was startled and I dropped my box, spilling the contents over the floor, I dived down shamefully and started grabbing my things, and was surprised to see fang doing the same, looking remorseful.
“Hey, remember this, it was from when we passed our first test, look at us all, without troubles, with our parents looking at us proudly, it was a good time, wait…where are you?â€Â
Trying to hide tears I just pointed at the small boy sat alone, looking sadly at the floor.
“Oh, I’m so sorry…I’m such a klutz, I... I... didn’t mean it†fang apologised.
I looked at her, smiling, trying to hide my sadness, and we decided to take a short hunting trip in the woods together.

Soon, afterwards, I realised that it wasn’t a hunting trip; it was just a simple date, or just a walk.
We were talking when we saw a cindered patch on the floor, fang asked what it was so I kneeled down and examined, it, it was fresh…but weakly small.
We carried on walking when we heard a rustle; I drew my bow and nocked a bronze arrow. While fang transformed into a humanoid lynx and perked her ears, she hissed and pointed at a bush before metamorphosing back into her usual state. I shot my arrow and we heard a small squeak, a fire imp! Although they were just small fiends they always came in numbers, and then only 2 more came out of the brush, bearing little knives, I spun and shot two in their stomachs with two bronze arrows, but I turned to the scream of fang as I saw her being carried away by a fire demon, I fired three arrows at it, they phased through it and clattered on the floor, I picked up a light blue, hydra blood poisoned, blue ebony arrow. These were unique and made by his father, he only had twenty of them, he fired it and it hit the demon in it’s back, it stopped and faded away making fang fall over 200ft down to her death, but she was too far to reach, in his confusion, his heart pace quickened and he ran at a remarkable speed, diving and catching her, he turned and saw flame laughing himself stupid.
“Hahahaha, that was so funny, when that demon took her away, and blood did everything he could…hahahahaâ€Â
Both Fang and Blood stood there angrily, but Blood lunged forward and gave him a powerful uppercut, lifting him into the air, Flame flew and back flipped and landed while punching the ground, summoning a remarkably large fire golem
It rose and began to sweep its giant arm across the clearing, I leaped into the air and was flung flying 50metres away into a large oak tree, I drew a sword, which I used as a hunting blade from my father, and it had a ruby pommel and an ivory hilt. I ran at the beast ducking and rolling from the beasts giant falling fists, I ran up its fist, clinging on its should with my sword dug in 5 inches deep, I swung, pulling my blade out and stabbing it square in the head, it fell to its knees and to the ground with a large thud, feeling slightly proud and put away my sword and slowly walked toward flame.
“I…I’m not scared of you, you don’t even have a power†He said in obvious fear, I was stood above him when I heard spine coming with a small group of clan warriors, curiously I pulled flame and fang into a bush and knocked flame unconscious. Before hiding with them.
“I got you here to plan a…accident, Blood is becoming a powerful pain and I want him gone if I am to be the next chieftain, Shadow, I want you to poison him in his sleep.†Spine said maliciously, unaware of Blood watching them.

After a long discussion they walked off and we came out of hiding, fang volunteered to help him gather his things and run away, but I had a plan.

After sunset I lay on my bed, pondering whether my plan would succeed or whether I would die, I decided that I wouldn’t try it. I got up and walked out of my hut, only to be met by an elder, he just made a quick gesture to follow him and they walked silently into the woods, while I pondered where he might be leading me, he took me to a temple nearby that I never knew existed, it was covered in moss, and the occasional cracked skull, he told me to step through the door and confront whatever what behind it. It was a large door, cracked in several places with a huge claw along the side. I acted brave and walked in, it was strangely bright and empty, but I saw spine, laughing with my fathers tombstone smashed on the floor, I was ready to punch him when I saw him to my left, and to my right, and all around me, laughing, and spitting on the cracked tombstone.
My mind began racing, my heart rate increased and my vision blurred red, I heard a scream and looked up to see fang, screaming as she was surrounded by shades and other malicious beasts, she looked me in eye, and I tried to hide my guilt for not saving her, my shame, I wiped my eyes, and look at the sadness in her eyes, and my heart skipped a beat, my mind reached the breaking point and all feeling for my father or fang was replaced by unbridles rage, I looked at myself to see fur on my arms, and long talon fingernails, little did I care, I picked up a pillar twice the size of me and threw it at the group of spine’s, they all vanished in a whisp of cloud, but my anger did not lessen, quite the opposite, I screamed, to hear a terrifying roar, I ran at the shades to see them grin and vanish also. Fang smiled and gave me a hug, despite my hideously powerful form, my heart skipped a beat and I saw the fur shrink and the claws shrink back into my fingertips; I walked out of the temple door.
“did you find what you needed?†the elder asked.
I walked away without saying a word , but turning 50 yards away and pulling a large tree out of the ground with one hand, then I put it back and walked away. I walked into fangs hut, to see her look at me with surprise.
“what brings you to my humble abode?†she said happily, grinning.
“ fang, I’ve waken my power, but I’m scared of it, if I show you, will you promise not to be scared?†I asked her nervously.
“I promise, we’re friends I know that†she replied with certainty.â€Â
I tried to get angry, thinking of my father, and then about spine, but nothing seems to work, I got down to my knees panting, trying to get angry, I searched the depths of my mind, and found the slumbering beast within me, I woke it to feel my skin go warmer and thicker, my claws regrew, but this time, I had complete control. I turned and looked at her, she seemed scared, and I looked down, depressed. She lifted my chin and I saw her looking at me through her tiger form, she smiled, showing fangs, we both transformed back into our standard forms, with a current frame of mind, I had decided, I couldn’t continue in this clan, I needed to see the known world, reach the ends of our reaches and further into barren wilderness. I told fang this and she paused, before deciding to accompanying me. While we packed, stone walked in my hut.
“what are you doing?â€Â
“packing, me and fang are leaving the clan to see the world, and to master our powersâ€Â
“hmm…I’m coming with you.†stone decided gruffly.
“but.. wouldn’t you…â€Â
“I’ve made up my mind.â€Â

We all quickly packed and ran out of the clan borders excitedly. We looked back at the tamed plains that was our life, and marched onwards…

The chosen ones

I wish I could go back…I wish I could go back to the old clan…where it’s safe, where there is no worries, yes we had all begun training on our powers when we unleashed…something else, the very element within us was awakened, making us masters in our own right. But word soon spread about our powers, and soon we had bounty hunters at every turn… and here we were defending ourselves from overeager young warriors who wanted fame and fortune by claiming our heads.
Fang was busy tearing weak spearmen apart, while stone kicked a colossus stone wall over 500ft high and over 500 ft thick inbetween us and them.
“They’ll run around soon enough†Stone said, while admiring his work.
“I know…and we cant hold them, but what happened to you, blood?†fang questioned.
“I…don’t know…I couldn’t focus.†I muttered.
“well, well, well…what do we have here? A shade said with a malicious grin upon his face.
“no…up the wall, hurry!†I screamed, remembering that dream he had almost a year ago. With no reply, everyone climbed the wall without even looking down. We were about half way up when fang slipped, I grabbed her hand and saw the shade but a few meters away, stone already saw this and threw a chunk of the wall at the shade, making it dodge and slip a few miles down, which was nothing to the skill of a shade. We climbed all the way to the top, and when we got on the top we looked over each side to see a hundred men climbing up one side and a shade on the other. Stone picked up an even larger chunk of the wall, grimacing, muscles bulging, he crushed the wall into large boulders and threw them at the men, they all fell to the ground in a crumpled heap except one man with black armor, who detached from the wall and jumped up each boulder, reaching the top to run past us and dive off the edge at the shade, but just before he jumped, I could just about see him grin at me…then he was diving streamlined with no fear at the shade, just before he engaged, he drew but a small dagger and clashed with it, both plummeting to the ground, upon impact the shade disappeared into black mist and the mystery warrior punched the ground in anger. Then he looked up at us, and ran up the wall, he ran up although he wasn’t even trying and within ten seconds he was stood on the top, staring at us with piercing red eyes from behind the black mask. Then he outstretched his hand, without even thinking I shook it, before the dark ninja laughed and spoke in almost a whisper.
“The name’s Jaw, I know those men down there, they’re not dead yet, but they’re out for at least another hour, we should get going.
“we? Think again before I…†I shouted angrily, pulling my arm back.
“he’s coming with us!†Fang argued.
“hmm… how about we have a small battle, to first blood, if I win I join you, you win and ill leave.†The ninja bartered.
I agreed and we readied ourselves, he seemed to be in a stance, I tried to touch my inner beast, but just couldn’t. without any signal he charge, he punched me in the face, pausing for a moment to see the pain before delivering a kick that sent me off the edge. While I fell I saw Jaw running down the wall behind me, when time seemed to slow down, I felt stronger, I could feel the beast all around me, harnessing it, I grabbed the wall, stopping myself and the ninja seemed to predict the move but didn’t change his technique, he ran right into me with his head, winding me and sending me plummeting to the ground at such an impressive speed, colours seemed to blur. I hit the ground with a shower of dirt flying in the air. Recovering consciousness I jumped up and cracked my knuckles, now he was going down. I was about to run at him when I felt a cool trickle down my arm, I was bleeding…shamefully I let the anger go, and slumped to the ground, trying to think why I didn’t even stand a chance. Giving up I jumped up and noticed the sun was beginning to set behind the seemingly grey forest on the horizon.
“we’re setting camp for the night in there†I said, while pointing at the forest.
“but it’s…†Jaw started, standing up.
“you heard me!†I said coldly.

Later when the moon was high in the sky, we had already set camp in the forest that was actually bright grey, like living ashes. I was grimacing at Jaw, when Stone and Fang stood up angrily
“I’ve had it, ever since you saw Jaw, you’ve been angry, your corrupt, once you open your heart, you’ll know where to find us.†Stone said.
“face it, Your nothing†Fang said coldly.
And with that they marched off.
Not even believing what had just happened he just stared, awestruck…and for some strange reason, Jaw stayed with me…

I woke the next morning to crackling of fire, I sat up and saw Jaw making a fire, I glanced down and saw his mask on the floor, his back was turned to me so I couldn’t see his face. Without turning around he put his mask on and stood up.
“we should set off, those men will be but a few short miles away.â€Â
“okay…which way should we head?†I asked
“this is your quest, aren’t you in charge?â€Â
“then we will head south, I’m sick of avoiding all those that pose a possible threat to me…and you don’t have to join me…â€Â
“I made a personal vow, I wouldn’t let the beast within you…die, lets goâ€Â
We set off at first light, soon enough they were back at the grassy plain. Within that first moment we could see the stone wall on the horizon, and something else. They saw the thing launch into the air and back down again, looking at each other we ran a little closer…the men had called for backup. They had almost doubled their numbers and there was a small dragon perched on the edge of the wall. Jaw decided to sneak up on them from behind, which would take longer, and I was going on frontal.

Soon I was almost at the wall itself, and yet no-one seemed to even acknowledge me, when I was but a few steps from the wall over thirty spearmen turned and ran at me, Thinking about those words “your nothing†burned me, instantly letting the beast within me loose I crushed the head of a large spearman and threw his body into another spearman. I continued to throw and pummel them, but for each I killed, two more jumped off the wall.
I was overwhelmed, they were all jabbing at me with longswords and spears, leaving no room to attack, when Jaw screamed and flew off the wall, controlling his own fall he span and kicked two swordsmen into the dirt, and pulled a shuriken off his back and threw it, it span gracefully and swiftly through the necks of four spearmen, making them die before they could even bleed. And together we pushed back the warriors. I tore apart a body while back to back with Jaw, when the reinforcements halted…they could possibly be dead, as I pondered that the dragon landed in the dirt, swinging its tail upon impact, I jumped over it while Jaw ran up it and leaped at its head, but it swept a claw, knocking Jaw back, he landed heavily on his face, and his mask cracked, as he back flipped at the dragon once more, the mask crumbled away, to reveal a face that seemed flawless, no scars, but dark red eyes. I thought to backup Jaw so I drew my bow, upon firing three arrows, I realised it had no effect, drawing my blade I leaped at the beast, before being flung back to the dirt, Jaw and me both jumped and swung our blades vertically at the dragon, but even with both of us, it was no use. The dragon roared and was about to lunge at us when a huge boulder pummelled it on its head, upon contact, I could hear over thirty feet land softly behind me, turning around I saw my entire clan, including boulder, fang and spine. They all landed an impressive assault on the dragon, Spine dodged a rather large fireball and clapped his hands as hard as he could, sending hundreds of razor sharp spines into the wing of the dragon, Even the chieftain was grabbing all the fireballs and throwing them back, Within minutes, the dragon was dead. After it fell, everyone looked at me expectantly, even the chieftain.
“wow…†Spine said, eyes wide open
“So that’s why you were named Blood†Another said.
“…why?†I said, getting scared of what wrong with me.
“look at yourselfâ€Â
I raised my arm, it was completely covered in blood, yet it didn’t hurt.
I asked for a pestle and mortar, and a few other alchemy objects, soon a few members brought them to me. As The clouds all became heavy and the sun began to pass below them, I asked for a few objects, soon enough. Them too were brought. With everyone eating dragon meat and talking merrily. I placed the contents into the mortar, I smashed them with my ornate pottery, after grinding them to dust I put some of my very own blood into a small vial, upon pouring the powder into the liquid, it changed colour and made a loud bang, ignoring everyone staring at me, I stirred and drank it, my claws shrunk back into nails, my fur vanished, and yet, I still felt the beast pulsing through me, walking up to a giant boulder I couldn’t normally lift, even with my werewolf strength, I pulled at it, and it soon lifted, I held high in the air with two hands, one hand. Pleased with myself, I through it away, and watched as it flew into the horizon.
I walked over to the sleeping Fang and Stone and smiled weakly at them, before slumping down beside them.
I woke to the sound of screams, I jumped up seeing everyone screaming and shooting projectiles in all directions…I scanned the area but saw nothing, when my vision blurred and time had seemed to stop. I looked a speeding arrows, time hadn’t stopped, but even the fastest arrows was going only centimetres at a time, yet I moved at normal speed.
“Face me coward!†a seemingly calm voice shouted from the top of the stone wall.
Thinking whoever it was talking to me I climbed up the cliff side. As I climbed I heard screams and the clashing of metal, one I was but a few meters from the top, I looked down, and although the clan was firing everywhere, there was but a single enemy down there…I scrutinised to see what it was. It was a shade! Ignoring the slow moving shade, I leaped to the top of cliff to see the shade that haunted my dreams and two other figures trying to rebel it…Fang and Spine!!
Why were me and them not affected by this sudden time stop? I didn’t have time to ponder this so I drew my bow and fired two blue, poison ebony arrows at the shade, they both hit it square in its back, making but a mere trickle of black blood, the shade extended his hand at Stone, fang and spine, pushing them on the floor, and he turned and faced me, looking at Fang unconscious, I instantly had contact with my inner beast and ran at the shade with my blade in hand, a gripped at the hilt and jumped before impact, dodging the shades punch, I continued to roll and jump out of the shades attack range.
“come on, face me like a man, like a warrior, come and face your death, like your father did…†the shade hissed.
With those very words Blood felt a burning tear sear down his cheek, and with anger he punched the wall below him, and cracked it down the middle, as it crumbled into mere boulders, Stone created a thin pillar below us all, except the shade, who landed on it anyway, Stone created another wall like the previous, except began using the very element of stone, creating steel, gold and other minerals, but as he poured his power into it, the shade threw a small poison dagger at stone, but Spine dived in the way and not only clapped his hands, but hovered in the air, screaming Large steel spines that were as big as tree branches, they demolished the blade and made the shade lose its balance, making it temporary vulnerable, of which Fang took control of, she transformed into a sabre toothed tiger with a bladed tail, she pounced upon the shade knocking him off and tearing at him, clawing his clothes but halting at the shades tough skin, soon she leaped back upon the rock and just grinned at me. Knowing it wasn’t over, I leaped backwards onto the newly created rock wall. Fang came up to me and kissed me. Without warning my teeth grew back and descended past that of a werewolf, they grew into sabre toothed tiger fangs, thanking her, and blushing. He awaited the shade when he realised, we were chosen, chosen to repel the shades, to protect the weak, and destroy the empire. As the pondered it, the shade rose up in front of me.
“This is it!â€Â
saying that, the shade ran at me, but stopped and saw Fang to the left, grinning at me maliciously he began to run at her, I ran after him while stone and spine tried to hold him off, spine shot a wave of homing spines that buried into the shades flesh, yet didn’t stop it, Stone summoned the very element of Stone and covered the shade is liquid rock, stopping his dead in his tracks, while spine continued to shoot spines into the rock, seeping through and stabbing the shade. I caught up to the shade just as it broke out of its shell, I grabbed him from behind and threw him into the sharp boulder that was there. The shade stopped the impact with his hand, then twisted his legs, getting free of my grip and drawing his deadly sword, he snapped his fingers and began sinking into the stone…

Northern lights

Upon the shade vanishing into the dirt beneath, time seemed to revive itself, remembering the shade below, I quickly told Stone, Spine and Fang, before letting them reply, I dived off the edge, plummeting to the ground inbetween the chieftain and the shade, it seems the chieftain was ready to give his life, landing, I roared at the shade, making it jump back, startled at the intimidating beast that was before it. The shade tried to act brave but another roar from me made it sink in the dirt, probably back to whoever sent it. I turned and smiled at the chieftain, turning back into the normal me, I went over and hugged Fang before telling the clan to head north, to destroy the corrupt enemy that was spawning shades and other beasts.

Soon we were on the border city of the empire, we decided we needed supplies, so I sent two clansmen into the city to fetch water and food. An hour later, they returned, we stored the food and walked around the edge of the city, we were about to ford the river next to the city when a young boy told us to follow him, tired, I nodded and we followed him, he soon led us out of the city but expected pay, I shrugged and looked around, everyone was shaking their heads, when stone pushed some people away to give him room, when he concentrated on the apple the boy had, he transformed it into pure gold, and we left the joyous boy and continued on our way, we soon walked past a large spire almost three times higher than the stone wall, the clouds covered its middle, looking up I saw three figures on the top, wondering who they were, me and Fang alone ran up the spire, holding hands so she could transfer her powers to me, we soon reached the top and when we got there, we saw none other than Jaw…and the shades! He was with them!
“no…†I muttered before turning into the werewolf that I was mutually linked with.
“to first blood?†I said, looking at my enemy
Jaw smirked and ran at me, but he seemed slower than he once was, it seemed easier to block his moves when I realised, since our last battle, I have improved a lot and he had already reached his potential, I hadn’t, I dodged a kick and punched his in his chest, winding him, he leapt backwards and threw a shuriken at me, but I dodged it and unleashed a strong uppercut directly into his chin, lifting him into the air, I leaped and side kicked him, knocking him off the edge of the spire, remembering our last battle I ran down
The spire after him, kicking him constantly all the way down, but I remembered the shades! And fang! So I back flipped and ran back up, thinking about the terrors she might be defending I reached the top to see…nothing, I looked over the edges but there was no sign of fang, as I began to worry a shade was pounded into the ground, fang gracefully descended, covered in a blue aura, she shot a neon blue ray of light at the bulky shade, killing it almost instantly. But the aura vanished and she fell to the ground, I ran to her but she was only sleeping. As I was about wake her, I was sent flying to the ground. Jaw was back, I turned human again and tried to show him peace to avoid fighting…but she just spat on the floor and charged, I used only my werewolf teeth and roared at him, it made him jump, startled but he didn’t stop, his teeth grew longer and longer aswell until they seemed hugely powerful, he roared.
“hence the name†I realised.
He ran at me, kicking my shin and grappling me to the ground, as we rolled over each other, he bit me so I became full werewolf and bit him back, I could hear his screams echo, and his blood pulsing. I jumped, kicking him and back flipping onto my feet, jaw was running at me, only to be blocked and thrown.
“enough! Either you leave, NOW! Or ill kill you..†I roared.
Jaw smirked and drew a lengthy curved blade and ran at me, I drew my huge two-handed sword and swung it in one hand, smirking myself I ran, leaped into the air and brought my powerful blade down heavily upon him, but he managed to parry it and managed to wound me, as the blood trickled down my arm. I realised what my name meant…whenever I’m injured, bleeding, I become stronger, I was bleeding when I became a werewolf for the first time… I felt the power build up within me, I let it loose and hit an uppercut into the stomach of his enemy, Jaw was no friend, was no rival, but was an enemy…an obstacle I would get over. Jaw flew into the air a bit, and his stomach armor cracked apart and crumbled, looking at me with fear, he tried to crawl away, but I had already picked him up and lifted him in the air by his neck.
“why?…and for who?†was all I asked.
“hahahaha, You’re a fool, no-one can resist the…empire, you will fail, and die at the hands of the emperor himself…â€ÂJaw choked while coughing up blood.
Jaw’s body went limp, I buried him quickly and paid my respects. I turned around and saw most of my clan looking at me with sorrow, not at me, but at Jaw…they had most known jaw recently as the ally to us and rebel of the empire…not a loyal slave…
“Fang, do you think you could summon us the very essence of your power, I know your weak, but please just try…†I whispered to fang.
Fang nodded and stood up, she outstretched her hands and there was a terrible screech in the air, then 2, soon the sky was inhabited by small pigeons high up in the air, when they got into formation, and seemed to dive at us, they were really high up, because they were twice the size of a man with giant talons and golden-white feathers. I grinned at Fang and got on one of them, the clan all had a giant eagle to ride each. It felt great, to be flying as high as the sky, with the wind blowing past me, suddenly I saw an arrow hit my bird in its left wing, looking down I saw hundreds of ant sized humans, I ordered my bird to dive low and swift, everyone followed my example, we streamed through the archers, right above them not giving them a chance to fire, we soon managed to get away when we saw another spire, it didn’t just seem to be a pointed rock though, it had separate towers coming out of it, it was a castle! Ordering the rest of the clan to wait outside, me fang, stone and spine landed and walked in the castle. It was dark and foreboding on the outside, yet was bright, warm and embellished with golden silk and other expensive necessities. We walked into a large chamber with two doors, on one the left and one on the right, spine kicked both doors down, one was a dungeon and one was a armory, both unguarded, but no exits, surely there was a hidden passage? But we decided to check the stock in the armory, there were many small spears and knives that spine took, a large sabre toothed dagger that fang took, and I took a bottle of weapon poison and a small metal cube that caught my eye, it was a puzzle box…trying to figure it out, I stumbled and almost fell, grabbing on a gold statue to prevent it, but as soon as I touched it the arm shifted and fell off, leaving a lever, Spine didn’t hesitate in pulling it, making a wall lift up to reveal a staircase. We climbed it, it seemed to drag on forever, we were exhausted by the time we were at the top, there was a maple door with golden hinges in front of us, we caught our breath and opened it, it was a small study room, with scrolls and parchments about wars adorned all over the tables and shelves, I looked out a small window to see we were at the top, but why was it empty? We got our answer when two stealthy ninjas ran into the room, one with a halberd, and one with a bow. Stone was blocking the arrows by shooting pebbles at them, the other ninja seemed to only focus on me, but spine took car of that, he started singing, and clapping his hands to the beats, sending small spikes into the ninjas, they were soon dealt with but more came, we needed to halt the coming army, we put shelves over the door, and I rummaged through the desks, I found a vial of luminous green liquid which I placed in my belt, and a steel, red staff, next to it was a parchment that said
“The key to the burning waterâ€Â
I had no idea what it meant of course, but I had to find out. the door was being broken from the outside, but there was no exit except for the window, but jumping out would mean certain death, it was then when I realised how to escape.
“Stone, please create four thin stone discs from the stone in the wall†I asked him urgently.
He did so with ease, and I told everyone to follow my lead, I kicked the disc in the air and stood on it, sliding down the steeping tower with some stone skateboards. I glanced back to see they were all doing the same, I grinned at them and looked in front of me, but it was too late…I had slid straight off the edge of the tower. I was too far to jump back, and I felt the true feeling of flying, I fell, I knew it was hopeless, I just let myself fall, trying to think of any way the rest of the clan could defeat the empire, when it hit me, I didn’t know what it was but it was sure worth a try. I pulled the neon green vial from my belt and examined the label, metamorphosing potion, yes! I drank a little of it and concentrated my though on an eagle, soaring through the sky, it didn’t work as effectively but I grew wings and keen vision, people that were once seen as ants were perfectly sized, with me being able to see them in every aspect and great detail. I spread my slightly damp wings and was surprised to see that I had grasped the art of flying so soon, I flew up and silently flew behind the crying Fang and grabbed her and flew higher and higher, she screamed but then saw my face an grinned, wiping her eyes… to try to impress her I dived down, faster and faster until not only where colours blurred but I knew where I was, exactly, I pulled out of the dive just before we hit the ground, and gliding slowly over a lake. I stopped, flapping my wings to keep lift off, and it began to snow, soon the lake was frozen over and we were sat under a tree just looking out into the beautiful scene that was before us.
I woke up, Fang was gone and so was the rest of the clan, I flew high in the air and surveyed the scene, Spine and Stone were nearby, I flew to them to find that they didn’t have any knowledge of it either, I flew high up and surveyed, the white tipped trees seemed to block everything, but I saw a small rustle in the lifeless, instantly I told Stone and spine where and flew ahead. I landed to see the clan cowering and the chieftain standing inbetween them and me, like he did with the shade. And I saw Fang tied up next to a tree.
“get back, fiend!†the chieftain warned.
“…no†I said coldly looking at the chieftain with increasing velocity.
I looked at the chieftains eyes, not even blinking I saw them flash red and him grin with long canine teeth.
“you’re a…â€Â
“yes, a werewolfâ€Â
the chieftain had a more ragged and more brownish shade of fur than I, and probably more keen senses.
I ran at him, spreading my wings to hover in mid-air and deliver a side-kick to the beasts side, but it was blocked and I was thrown through I nearby tree, I picked up the tree and threw it and the chieftain, he broke it in a single blow, as we connected and blurred in a constant barrage of punches from both of us, I could see and hear the clansmen whispering in awe at the extremity of it, I tried to block the chieftains moves but they were too accurate and experienced, I was knocked back, I thought before the chieftain went to finish me off, and I drank a little more of the vial, and didn’t think of anything, my muscles bulged and blood pulsed, the chieftain brought his foot down heavily on me, but I grabbed it and pushed him back, not letting go of the foot and swinging him around, I swung him around multiple times through tree trunks before putting all of my power into throwing him, he flew through several trees and landed in a storm of dirt and snow, then I turned around, walking past the cowering clansmen, I untied Fang and was about to walk out of the clearing when I heard a scream.
“NO! I will not allow you to live!†the chieftain screamed.
The chieftain went back to his human self, except showed Blood his back, it was scarred with black blood scabs. He wasn’t just a werewolf but a shade! I gasped but put up a stance and roared into the air, while his skin darkened to midnight black and his clothes changed, aswell as his fighting style, the shade then howled and grew fur, he was trying to become a Lycan shade!
He screamed into the air, dropping to his knees, he gripped his skull and then rose, a freak, an anomaly of life itself, an unintended break in existence itself, and he was happy, he was stood 20 meters away then I was on the floor with him laughing above me.
“how can you be so fast? No…I wont…give up†I said trying to get up.
I drank the remainder of the vial, thinking on only the first lycan in existence would have been like. Almost instantly, my back toughened and grew a large hunch, my arms went thicker, and had smallish blades on the elbows, I rose, just pushing the shade over, I went to kill the freak when spine burst out of the undergrowth and seemed to detest the idea of me killing his past leader, he clapped at me, pinning me up against a tree. But Stone burst out from another bush and threw specially shaped liquid rock at spine, covered him in a wet and hollow cage. My vision blurred from the after effects of the vial and I fell unconscious pinned against the tree.

The end of the clan

I woke groggily and stood up, all trees had been splintered and smashed, there was nothing left of the forest except massive bestial footprints in the dry dirt. Examining the floor in a animal like manner. I decided not to head in that direction. But to head where the huge beast had gone. Whatever it was. It drew away the enemy.

Hours later, the tracks seemed to have gone lighter instead of heavier. And on the horizon, heavy storm clouds were gathering. Within minutes there was a heavy downpour, and sheltering in a large cave, I looked at myself in a puddle, I had no longer looked like the fun boy I once was, I was no longer soft, I have battle bruises and lean muscles. And my hair had grown wild and untamed. Only to be matched by my eyes. Although I wasn’t even angry, nor in my werewolf form. I had dark red, intimidating eyes. I was no longer the boy I once was. I was a warrior. Upon being stricken by my new appearance, I decided to try the same with my werewolf form. I concentrated, veins pulsing, mind racing and body numbing concentration. My werewolf form grew more slender, more swift and slightly taller werewolf form. I tried lifting up a muddied tree. It was harder, but not difficult; then I tried running. I was doubling my fastest speed with hardly any effort. I had noticed that my feet had grown bigger and had remarkably large talon-like claws. Running through the storm, I soon began gaining on the large, mystery that had saved me.

After running for almost three days, stopping only to sleep and hunt. It was early morning when I began to see a creature of the horizon. Feeling sudden excitement. I ran my very fastest. Leaping over a river. I flew over the beast, digging my arms into the dirt; I stopped and looked at the beast.
It was a large, armoured mammoth beast with a man riding it. The man removed his cloak, and I saw him…it was a large man with bulky arms and a massive build. And it seemed to fear me. Upon its blood-shocked eyes peering at me, observing every aspect of my body. It pulled a large, iron halberd and swung at me clumsily, ducking under it with no effort.
“what do you…want! Im nothing more than a weapons merchant…†the large man shouted, with a slight tremble in his voice.
I said nothing. Seeing how he would react.
“if its weaponry you want, say no more! Here, have these, now leave me…†the man shouted, throwing some metallic objects to the ground, and the beast rode off at a speed it had not previously ran at. Looking at the floor, I saw some red and black gauntlets, a large ruby, and a spear. The spear had strang runes engraved into it, as did the gauntlets and even the ruby. Wearing the gauntlets I noticed one of them had lots of strange grooved and bumps, grabbing the ruby I put it to the gauntlet to realise it fitted perfectly, grabbing the spear in another theory, I slit it into the gauntlet and heard a click, the ruby had jolted up, pressing it down I fell back in shock as the spear shot from the gauntlet into the ground. Pulling it out I snapped it back in. looking on the horizon at the coast of the sun lit ocean, I began to relax. But as soon as my eyes closed, I leaped up, hearing a death cry along the coast. Running along the coast I saw a broken camp, it had been fortified everywhere except at the ocean. I saw stone on the floor, with a spear in his back. Looking further along the wreckage I saw fang, she silenty whispered sorry, and she was taken, her eyes grew wild. She leaped backwards, and was grabbed by a large claw, it tore into her and she began to sink. Shouting a war cry I drew my blade and called for the murderer, a large oceanic fiend stood tall over anything… lifting a claw it tried to crush me, dodging with ease, I dived into the dark waters.

Diving lower and lower, I saw fang’s body sinking slowly. Grabbing her, I pushed up against the ocean bottom and began swimming higher, seeing a blue light above, I headed for it. It seemed to be growing in size… it was the beast! Swimming in a barrel roll, I leaped out of the water and put fang safe on the floor. The beast emerged half of its body from the sea. Leaping at it, I dodged its claw and swung on a large spinal spike and landed on the beasts head, I lifted my blade. But with a sudden pain to my chest I fell, not even feeling pain as I fell, I could almost see the life force exit fang. Her struggling body went limp. Black marking surrounded my body. Feeling no pain as I leaped up. I seemed to had gone deaf, I leaped high into the air, spinning, transforming into my bulky werewolf form, and swinging my blade against the beasts face. It disappeared into dust. Cursing as I landed and the black symbols retracted. Looked around, I saw a beautiful beach pilfered with planks of wood and smashed coral. And a forest on the border of the sand.

Recovering from the fall I pounded my fists against the steaming white sand when I noticed a shimmering red aura from deep in the ocean. Not even thinking I dived into the water, kicking my legs, getting deeper and deeper. When I got the ocean bottom i saw a cave that seemed to retract upward again, diving into it I soon reached the surface, which seemed to be within a small, hidden volcano or mountain. Gasping at the stale air, I curiously and cautiously approached a seemingly heat proof door, because the heat was already gripping at me. Walking through the door I stopped, I was almost sure that as I walked in I herd a click. Suddenly, with my suspicions confirmed a spear flew from the wall, but I had already grabbed and snapped it with ease. With the room booby-trapped, I sneaked across the floor, hearing another click, I paused, glancing all over the room. And just two paces ahead of me, a large steel bed of spikes appeared through the floor. I leaped across them and kicked down the next door, running through yet another corridor, I leaped over spikes, dodged spears and broke the occasional wooden barricade; surely someone wanted to be alone. Seeing yet another dusty door, I opened it with a loud creak, as I did the wood splintered and a large sword blade appeared in it. An old man was seemingly ready to defend his secluded home. Dodging the old man’s techniques I grabbed at his collar. Lifting him against a wall, I bared my teeth. Throwing him into a wooden barricade coldly…I walked on ahead. Kicking down the final door angrily, I saw a small room littered with skulls of lycans and humans alike, cautiously taking each step carefully, I pried a book from a werewolf’s cold, dead fingers. Blowing dust from it I saw the symbol of a Vampire, This Entire mountain is a hiding place for Vampires. Upon realising this The old man who I killed walked into the room and pulled out a crossbow, firing it at wildly, I turned into my werewolf form and ran at him, he sidestepped me and tried to bite into my neck, turning around and hissing, I grabbed the man’s jaw and threw him into the wall, I then began pushing him into it as hard as I could, then I span him around and threw him into the wall again, cracks began to appear, and lava began seeping through and filling up the room slowly with an almost acidic substance, either way, it burned into the flesh. Leaping into action I started fleeing the small mountain, with the old man over my shoulder, I just managed to escape and watch as the steaming pillar sunk into the earth. Laying the man on the floor I checked his pulse. Dead. Searching through the old man’s belongings for any supplies or weapons, lifting up a heavy book, I peering into the first page. It was a diary, looking through to the very last input, I realised it was from only 10 days before!

“dear diary, I fear this may be my last entry, they have breached the barricades so it must only be a matter of hours before they reach me here, I have put up a reasonable defence, And as far as my hidden scouts have deciduated, they are many and varying in size and power, like a clan…My vampire brother will use a cloaking spell and hide in this room when the clan come, then maybe he can go for help…Oh no, I hear them coming closer and closer. Im beginning to think I will di…†And the rest of the page is sodden in damp blood. Looking at the dead vampire with pity, I found a vampire dagger and a mask in the form of a intimidating skull. Placing on the mask, I felt a surge to assassinate my clan, not to just find them. Seeing everything in a more hunting perspective, I drew the dagger and ran into south-west, following very faint and weather-worn tracks.

No more than a day later, I caught sight of them, in a valley on the borders of the wide mountain ranges of the old. Stealthily climbing up the side of the valley, I stalked in the trees on the very edge of the clearing, looking ahead I saw them all, my clan. They seemed relaxed, knowing that I would be content with the mountain. Watching with a eagle’s eye as the sun’s last rays lit up the sky with orange streaks of dying light, I knew that the time for action was nigh. Creeping down the small hill I peered into an empty tent before entering it and extinguishing the light within. Watching as the guard walked by the tent, I drew the Bone knife and stabbed through the tent, wounding the man deeply in a vital point, not even letting him scream or move, he slumped at the end of his life on the floor in a crumpled heap. Crawling low through the winding tents and guards, I soon reached a much larger tent that obviously held more importance. Leaping onto the wooden Platform above It, I cut a small opening just the size of my eye. I Looked in anticipation as The leader and Spine both stood arrogantly discussing their plans as to where they were going.

“Okay, so we shall pass through the old mountains, and reach reinforcements on the other side?†Spine asked.

“yes.â€Â

“And then we march back and hunt down the traitor?â€Â

“yes.â€Â

“but what about the Fabled Weapons salesmen on a huge monster that is said to wonder these parts? And shouldn’t we be worrying about the Be…†Spine asked again before being cut off by the wave of the leader’s hand.

“theres an unwelcome prescence…â€Â

“could it be him? Blood? We must sound the alarm, we are in grave danger! that killer will stop at nothing!â€Â

“Calm down.â€Â

Leaping into the tent, Spine leaped back in surprise and watched as the Clan leader drew a Emerald blade I had previously no knowledge of.

“…w…who are you?†Spine blurted out in fear.

Feeling at my face, I had forgotten about the mask, it had felt quite comfortable. Drawing my dagger in one hand and stanced myself, trying to restrain using older weapons for the veiling of my identity. Spinning horizontally I brought the blade down with all my strength, watching as the leader began straining under its attack. I relieved and then back flipped, kicking him and knocking him into the air. Landing lightly I decided to end this now. Drawing my father’s bow I shot a four arrows, each landing into the Corrupted man. He dropped to the ground, and died silently, unlike a warrior. Watching as Spine smirked, realising it was me, he quickly put on a unique plate of armour, it seemed like, and spined, and of course, made out of light and thick wood. He Screamed into the air and raised his fist. A strange, blue aura surrounded him, transforming him into a larger, and seemingly more powerful version of himself, he has transformed into a hunched over Monster, except the spiny armour seemed to have melted into his skin, changing his composure. His blade also formed on of the beast’s arms. I transformed into my brutish Werewolf form. It would have hurt me and equalled in the loss of my sanity, But I had grown and developed since then, And had grown more powerful. But I still felt the pain in my heart, and my muscles seemed to manipulate themselves and grow even larger, and my claws extended even more. Looking around in slight surprise I noticed that Tonight was a full moon. As me and Spine both looked at each other, smirking and looking deep into each other’s eyes. Both of us struck each other at the same time; we ran at each other and punched each other in the faces. As I flew back and was temporarily dazed. I began reminiscing… Back at the Clan, at the beginning. The sun was shining, and I was but a child, playing with Stone. And even then spine came along and began kicking mud at us. Then I remembered when we fought but a few months ago, I unleashed a power I never knew I had. And now, he was still trying to ruin anything I had tried to accomplish, he was a bully. And I wanted vengeance. Standing with my back straight, I got in my stance in perfect calm and tranquillity. Ignoring the lightning flashing around me. The tent had collapsed as we both were hit. As we were circled by the entire clan, I watched as spine took yet another move, he swung his spiked arm at me, hitting me in my prime, his forearm dug deep into my flesh. Yet I was still in my state of Tranquil calm, ignoring the increasing pain I remained there, still and my vision blurring. Spine leaped in the air and kicked me, I didn’t move, but my shirt tore in half and fell to the ground, getting wetter and soggy by the second. In that brief moment, as the lightning struck the camp. As the entire valley burst apart in a burst of purple energy, I had never felt more alive, as the lightning struck me bare, and began disintegrating me. I looked into the sky. Amongst the stars in the clear sky, I almost saw my father, with a large grin on his face, and his arm was slung around my mother. And next to them, smiling at me was fang. As the explosion ceased, I lay on the ground with my eyes closed. As I was covered in blood, I returned to my human form, and let myself go…

THE END

For now at least.

A special Thanks to Predatoress and Ben, I couldn’t have done it without your support. I love you guys.

Predatoress: Fang
Ben: Stone
Otang: Jaw
Stalker: Spine

And thanks to everyone else for the encouragement.

naruto

http://galvergd.proboards57.com/index.cgi

Join this site, its in construction but you can become a mod if you do!

GalvergDsig.png