Reports of a "giant sea spider" have surfaced...

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

...and I'm crying from laughter.

So I found this Tumblr post going around talking about a giant sea spider in Antarctica, and I couldn't help notice that their spider looks really familiar:

tumblr_mouqanToKz1qznf4yo1_500.png

This screen-cap was attached to the post below:

clambistro said:

tumblr_mouqanToKz1qznf4yo2_r1_250.jpgtumblr_mouqanToKz1qznf4yo3_r1_250.jpg

Tumblr is such an intelligence/information suckhole it makes me physically incensed. Here is the story about the Antarctic sea creatures, which the text is taken from; it contains approximately zero photos of “giant sea spiders”. The photo above the text is actually a facehugger, specifically, the iteration of the design from an unused scene from Alien 3. Underneath the screencap I have posted additional photos from the creation of the facehugger maquette/prop.

The post full of bullshit has 36,000 notes. This will likely get 12 or so.

Jesus Christ.

I just think it's funny because anyone from this site can spot a Facehugger from a mile away.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Sadly I can believe that someone would fall for that, not me of course, but still its disappointing to realize how stupid humanity is wholesale.

Edit: Love the title pun by the way.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

We can't blame people for being ignorant of what a Facehugger is. But not even trying to find a legit source? REALLY?

Ok that's true, but its not so obscure that the average person wouldn't know about it. Like three people out of seven would know what a facehugger is, I think.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

That's gotta make the SFX people from Alien 3 feel pretty good about themselves.

Damn straight.

shockwave, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Hey that looks like the queen face hugger from alien 3. But I know for sure thats not real, I mean, im not stupid enough to fall for something like that, im an A class xeno expert. Is this just a joke or what?

edit: if its a joke then well ok at least it gave me and propbably every one else a good laugh.

^ Being a "class A Xeno expert" is not a prerequisite for seeing through this particular piece of bullshit.

Basic skepticism of bullshit-sounding stories on Tumblr, however, is.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Ohmygod

I just choked on my hot poket.

What level of tumblur is this.

I mean I know its tumbler

But still

This is as bad as the Morgan Freeman's death hoax.

Exept

This time its the oral rape monster

"GHGgkUhkh!"

"I canhjdjasdbk breath!"
"Go away oral monstervxsabdjf!!!!!!!!!"

"Wait, your the oral monster. Don't touch that belt, no stop it, quit it, Don't touch me there, whaaaaaaa! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tuand9, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Facehugger: a rapist that plants eggs inside you
Rape: facehugger

This isn't the sort of thread that needed updating...