religion

TribalWerewolf9, Yautja, 15 years ago

dont know if i spelled that correctly. in AvP the scientists said that like the egyptians,aztecs and wat their faces came from the one tribe wich worshipped predators (maybe aliens)so how did the ancient civilizations come up with their gods.nothing against anyone if this is offensive but i dont think so

x_saysell, Yautja, 15 years ago

First of all its spelt religion, second I am not fully sure what you are on about. I did however; manage to gather from your disorientated babble you are talking, if somewhat vaguely, about the scene from AvP depicting the Yautja helping the
Aztec-esc people build pyramids.
They worshiped the Yautja (predators) as gods as they taught them to build, in return they offered sacrifices to be used as hosts for the Xenomorphs (aliens) so the hunt could commence.
As for your last line of, "nothing against anyone if this is offensive but i dont think so"
Please be more elaborate in what you don't wish to offend people on.
One final point; please give your spelling and grammar a revision, at least to the point of it being understandable.
Thank you

predator428, Yautja, 15 years ago

I think he is asking how all other early societies invented their individual gods without contact from the predators.

Its a work of fiction, predators never existed to be worshiped by early man. You are simply asking how all religion was started.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 15 years ago

In the AvP universe, it would seem that they were all visited individually by the preds, explaining the recurring designs and such.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 15 years ago

A lot of civilizations came up with their Gods to explain natural events, from the reason the moon moved across the sky to how the planets were aligned. A lot of it was random bits of information, but they eventually came to worship these beings for various reasons.

About the question, I actually have no idea what you're asking. At least, I'm not entirely clear...

concretehunter, Yautja, 15 years ago

right i think he is saying is the thing about all the preds and humans a religion. like say cristianity saying were the egyptians and astecs the same religion. well we dont know and dude WORK ON YOUR WRITEING

predatoress, Yautja, 15 years ago

The interesting thing is that many original religions have had some sort of reptilian gods. Which probably was the spark to combine the predators to the aztecs etc.

But DD and Bloo explained the rest what I could come up with this topic...

OTANG, Yautja, 15 years ago

Fixed the title for you. :)

''in AvP the scientists said that like the egyptians,aztecs and wat their faces came from the one tribe wich worshipped predators (maybe aliens)''

By 'wat their faces' I suppose you are talking about the Cambodian culture?

As said before, ancient cultures came up with their own gods and religion based on popular thought and help explain the world's environment as well as what they saw in the heavens. To some cultures, religion help keep people from being immoral and unethical. In other religions as we know, sacrifice was needed to appease the gods. Most of the time, religion seems to be a way of controlling the masses.

the_doctor, Yautja, 15 years ago

when you think about it most of the time everything is a way of controlling the masses, the media, politics, technology, war..everything really that relates back to politics..... but thats straying off topic lol