Predator ship

OTANG, Yautja, 17 years ago

We have seen Predator 2 and Alien vs. Predator, each with Yautja ships. Which do you think is a more realistic ship or ship design that fits that species.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Unknown, Yautja, 17 years ago

i agree that the ship in pred 2 was the superior ship for the preds the stial of the interior arcatectur coensideed with the aperance of the pred armour and portrayd life stial

however i just love the way the ships in avp looked. but such a vesal would seem to be more fiting to a race such as the space jokies.

Anarchysig.jpg

Bootydaddy, Yautja, 17 years ago

Inded, but I still think the one in Pred 2 is more awesome....basically the atomesphere of the ship which is for the dueling, do you realise that?

The master pred is back!

Kidd, Yautja, 17 years ago

I don't doubt that one bit Otang. It just doesn't fit for their spieces. When we read their Description, it tells us that their home world has high humidity, and the ship in AVP did not show any signs of that. The ship's interior is more likely made for humans than yautjas.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In the moment of action remember the value of silence and order.
-Phormio of Athens

Well it is intresting, can't take away from that.
Just doesn't seem to fit given the species in my opinion as stated earlier. It would be nice to see what the new film will come up, if at all.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Kidd, Yautja, 17 years ago

To me, the AVP ship looks far more futuristic than the one in Predator 2. Just by watching how the yautja prepare themselves for their hunt gives the people a Star Wars feeling about the movie. Now to the original design of the Yautja Spaceship interior in my oppinion, looks just like an evil lair, but, an evil lair that fits their discription as a race who is use to humid evironments (The fog.) and with signs of tribal characteristics. (Markings on the Wall.)
Even though we never saw very much of the exterior of Yautja ship in Predator 2, however we did in AVP. Just by watching the ship sailing silently into sight from the darkness of space was an awe giving effect towards the yautja race, instead of rapid flashes of light and a loud roar of the engines in Predator 2.
Hint: Compare the AVP and Predator 2 Endings when the ship takes off.

If I have to choose between the two ships, I would really have to go with the AVP one, just because the craft looks intresting to me. -nods-

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In the moment of action remember the value of silence and order.
-Phormio of Athens

Crow, Yautja, 17 years ago

Hmm...don't forget that the unblooded were the ones on the ship in AvP -- I'm not certain if there were any other yautja on board, but it could have been plain and sterile in appearance because they hadn't yet completed any hunts which would grant them the...erm..."right" to carve on the walls of their ship.

Think of the yautja as cavemen in that sense: they might just go out, kill something, and then carve it somewhere (the ship) so the story can be retold after they pass on.

Crow-Banner.gif?t=1165440971
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Well, i love the way they did the ship in AVP, and you gotta think about it, the preds in AVP probly just got this ship, its probly new, seeing as how they are unblooded, and they havnt had time to decorate it yet, they havnt made it there own. This is probly there first time flying it. The one in Predator 2 though, has probly belonged to that group of preds for a while, well since the 1700's actually, judging by the pistol. And the ship that the Elder came in in AVP was a differant ship then the one that we saw in the begining of the movie. This is just my oppinion and stuff though.

daveberg, Yautja, 17 years ago

That's what i loved about the alien series - all the spacecraft over the four films were moody and atmospheric, they looked like they had seen alot of space travel and shyed away from the clean 'hospitalised' look.

I'd say the craft in the second Predator film was superior, looks wise, had a more 'organic' feel to it.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

ash, Yautja, 17 years ago

the actual ship in AVP is cool but yeah i agree the inside on AVP is too much like a human spacecraft in a futuristic film lol and with all the trohpies in predator 2 it makes them look more scary like.

aliensig.jpg\"

if ur an alien fan then you can come to me and ask to join our clan

god_of_blades, Yautja, 17 years ago

I like the one from Predator 2 better....

GOB.jpg

MessageboardRules

^click here if new^ href="http://www.flixter.com/comments/6917.html">MessageboardRules

Stalker, Yautja, 17 years ago

Gotta agree with you there Otang. The AVP ship was too "sterile", just a soulless piece of futuristic machinery, wheras the Predator 2 ship was covered with carvings & ceremonial engravings, & had much more of a "predator" style to it. This just re-inforces the statement of how much Anderson robbed the predators of their true soul & style in AVP.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Personally I like the design of the ship in Predator 2. Although the AvP looks cooler and more technologically advanced, the space craft in Predator 2 is a little more edgy, more raw in nature, just like the Yautja. The internal rooms of the AvP ship look too clean for such a species.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Skystalker, Yautja, 17 years ago

Predator 2, that ship had almost tribal origins, it was so ornately decorated, and the pillars in the trophy room, that was by far my favorite. In AVP that ship suited that clan of Predators well, they looked more "advanced" than the yautja in Predator 2, thus their ship was very sleek and streamlined.

Yautjasig2.png
Disdaining fortune with his brandished steel
Which smoked with bloody execution.

its posable that the preds from the second move wer from a miner clan with lital in thew way of moovers and shakers and the preds in AVP2 wer from a more domanant clan with the resroces and capabilaty to construct a more advanced ship

Anarchysig.jpg

Defanetly the Predator 2 ship. It seemingly realistic. The Alien vs. Predator was something out of Star Wars. The Predator 2 ship matched them in many ways and seemed to me, more possible.

scarfacecory.jpg
.:Killswitch Forum:.
.:The Chainsaw HOUSE:.
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 17 years ago

Hmm... Predator 2 all the way. The one in AVP had a Terminator-meets-ALIEN-and-FFVII-merged-with-Starwars thing going on. The one in P2 just had this kind of 'Predator' feeling to it. It kind of creeped me out the way it did when I first saw it. Especially when I saw that Xeno skull. Big shocker.

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."