Predator Blooded Tests

Hunter_Predator, Yautja, 10 years ago

I debated posting this within the Tech and Hierarchy Thread but I felt it was detached enough to be it's own topic.

Basically I'm curious as to what you guys can think of to be the Yautja Blooded processes? What tests must they complete to become worthy to hunt? What is their Right of Passage?

Yes we know about the whole hunting Xenos to prove themselves worthy to bare the mark deal, and same with Human Hunting, but before they do such things, what must they do to progress that far?

What kind of training must they do? Is it all simple simulation and theoretical tests mixed with combat training and Boot Camp?

Or possibly do you think they must eliminate each other? For instance seeing as how they apparently hunt in Triads perhaps each yautja of their "year" or "class" or whatever must (after completing tests, training, and simulation) must then eliminate each other, and the last three remaining are the only ones worthy to hunt for Humans and Xenomorphs, and that's how they select the Trio?

Or do you think it's simple schooling with Combat training and Simulations? Then They're simply split up for Blooded Tests.

Honestly I think it varies from Clan to Clan, maybe some are simple Simulations and all Yautja "Graduate" and move on and others have other forms of testing, some fight to the death until three remain, others until only one, some just have different methods of growing their hunters all together. In short I think it's different from Clan to Clan. But obviously to each clan every "Student" or "Hunter" is important and sacred, otherwise the Clan in AvP wouldn't have done all that it did for three simple new-bloods, so I think (possibly different for each clan perhaps) but every warrior is a "brother" to the Clan.

Perhaps their culture sees Newbloods and Young Hunters as Special all together? The "Future of the Clan" so to speak, "Hunters of Tomorrow" and each newborn and youngling is Sacred?

Something must earn them the right of passage to move on, to hunt real game, move up the ranks, to earn them their Braids. What do you guys think? Or have thought? Or would like to see?

shockwave, Yautja, 10 years ago

i know, what does hunting other alien species prove..that your stronger haha give me a break :D

It's kind of like having a Deer head on your wall, Hunting and Slaying the races arch nemesis, it proves a lot bro, and try to stay on topic, don't post if it's unrelated, you really didn't respond to the topic at all.

awwwwwwwwwwwwww poor dear<:( I dont like the games they play.... what does it prove because i know barley anything about the preds because im mainly a expert on the xenomorph species, im a xeno proffeser in other words, ive been studing the xenomorph species for years. But i had'nt pad much attention to the preds either so in a good way tell me more about them, your the expert, do your stuff if you must my good man.

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

"What does killing another race prove"

That you are strong enough to slaughter the 2nd most dangerous species alive.

I mean if you see someone slaughter a bear you don't think "Lol that proves nothing"

---------------------------------------------------

I believe the training would be armed combat, Small game hunting slowly working up to more dangerous prey.

Blooded means that they are marked with Xenomorph blood (In the form of a mark in the helmet)

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Young_Blood

yeah but its so sad knowing your trying to fuck up with another race you should not have even had contact with in the first place, look I have strong feelings for my dog and when I think about that stuff it makes me sad so truelly what is more important...sport or survival. I choose survival. Thats the difrence between xenos and preds. But hey what am I saying your giving me the information I wanted so I should be greatfull, thanks concretehunter again :D

Many Yautja have been shown to bare a necklace with several small skulls from miniature animals on them, perhaps their first kills? When they are young? and they take the skulls on a necklace as their first sign of "Improving" or passing a stage in growing as a hunter?

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

In the AVP universe, more than half their culture revolves around Xenos, which I don't like. It means their franchise is incredibly dependent on the fact that it's "Aliens Versus Predator," while Aliens can easily exist on their own.

You're right though, each clan probably has different rituals and ranking systems. The Elder in Predator 2 didn't have a cape, but one in AVP chose to wear his, and he also had a more elaborate ship (or maybe the ship in Predator 2 was a fragment of the actual ship).

This ties in with hierarchy, but since the thread's already up, it's fine.

their cultur is very interesting and confusing at the same time, especially for an A class xeno expert

I don't think it all ties in with Xenomorphs really, for all we know one of the predators in the movies could have been just like the AvP Preds and were in a testing hunt for all we know. Also this topic is more around their wrothiness process, not their chain of command. But I see the similarity.

And Shockwave, please stop posting unnecessary posts in this topic, just thanking us for telling you... please...

What is there DNA based on Shockwave?

Well we're trying to understand another culture. Its much like Americans trying to understand Eastern/Asian culture.

im sure there not the strongest species ever, but im not quit sure how they can proceed with their worthiness, im really being honest, how can they proceed,hmmm pity...i guess im not a boy of honor, if they dont stop messing with these xenomorphs, there going to get themselfs killed. Have you guys ever thought if what if they arnt really fighting for sport and honor, we dont speak predator so how do we know for sure? Do we just asum thats what there doing or actually go out there and find out. And oh I was getting uneccesary...sorry if you really thought that <:3

edit: but I mean really, do you really think thats why there breeding them, remember...there not like humans, they dont think like us either so again how do we know, damn its the socratec seminar again. I hope im not braging so much about the xeno A class thing im just saying im an A class xeno expert.

If they were in a "war" with Xenos they wouldn't purposefully breed more just to kill them unless it was to rub it in their faces, so yeah it's a sporting hunt to prove themselves.

Anyway, back to theories about how they "earn their stripes" so to speak.

Pardon, What ELEMENT is there DNA based on?

I was talking more about the comics (which is where a lot of fan theories and stuff like "Blooded Warriors" and "Blooding Rituals" come from), but that's true, Xenos aren't involved at all in actual canon.

Edit: I just realized, did any of the Predators in Predators have blooding marks on their masks?

As of yet i don't think any Predator has ever had Mask markings beside in AvP cannon.

It's one of the few things from AVP I wouldn't mind being canon. The idea of a "manhood" symbol, I mean - not the fact that they get them from killing a Xeno.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

I always liked the more ornamental etchings and such in masks, so it would be cool to see that introduced into solo predator canon.

I can just imagine Predators going around drawing crudely drawn penises into there helmets because of a coincidence. They suddenly uncloak to slaughter the humans and rather than being met by fear they are laughed at.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

OMG THEY USED MY FANFIC1111

But seriously, Wolf's mask was the only good thing about AVPR.

I like the idea of an alien-hunting manhood ritual in theory, but in practice it's pretty terrible.

I thought the predalien was the best thing about AVPR? But predators sure do have alot to learn....forget all their technology and think about their minds.