black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

Paul Anderson is pretty good if you look at Event Horizon, but i dont know if AvP was the right thing for him to do. And seeing how he did with it i wouldnt want him near Alien5 or 6 or any other one, and definatly not the pred movies.

BWsig.jpg
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

DEFINETELY not the Predator movies. Paul, if you're reading this, no offense, but stick to Aliens and study RE a little more, then you might get it very right and true just a little.

00Bloo_sig11.png

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the Mental House just got caught."

From the site in the link posted above- "and one thing I found hilarious was when Paul Anderson was saying in an interview that Predator 2 was a bad sequel!"

back to me- HOW COULD HE SAY PREDATOR2 WAS A BAD SEQUEL???? IT WAS RIGHT UP THERE WITH PREDATOR(or atleast with me it was)

P.s. i wouldnt even want him sticking with aliens anymore. RE could have been better, i am not a true hard-core fan but even i knew it wasnt what it could have been.

BWsig.jpg

Hah. Bad sequel my a$$. I think a hardcore City Hunter fan like Cory or something will resent that statment a LOT.

00Bloo_sig11.png

Actually i think just about(if not all) everybody that has seen both pred movies will disagree with Anderson.

BWsig.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

this is old news.hes making re3 first(as we speak) then deathrace 3000.then hes doing the castlevania movie.

firepred.bmp.jpg

HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I don't hate anderson, I just hate his directing, although I must admit that he can be a bit of a weasel at times, lol.

Even Event Horizon, which so many ppl r praising, I thought was completely boring. Haven't seen the MK films but I've heard alot of bad things. The resi movies were absolutely pitiful when compared to the games, & last but not least, AVP was cr@p. Paul Anderson seems to have a resume for directing movies based on big franchises, & then horribly destroying them in the process.

As for predator 2 being a bad sequel, I have to completely disagree. Sure it might not have been quite as great as the original, but it was still d@mn good. The predator itself was just as great as the first, & it introduced alot of new weapons to the hunt, weapons which we simply couldn't imagine it without nowadays.

TheStalker.jpg

i agree with stalker about predator,predator2 ar very good movie i like City Hunter very smart predator and have super cool weapons

in space no one can Hear you scream

the_doctor, Undefined, 17 years ago

im fine with paul doin of those films, they already have the disadvantage of being a 5th and 6th film in a franchise they will most likely anyway, at least paul is a fan, he wont do something completly stupid with the films *cough*ressurection*cough*. i think he has wanted to do an alien film for along time, look at the set simalirities to alien in event horizon. he screwed up avp because he went with the apporach of making it an alien film and making it all close to the alien franchise. he didnt even respect the preds from pred 1 and 2 simply calling them children.
if alien 5 or 6 go ahead Fox will go with a director who is basically nobody or someone who hasnt made anything really good, anderson is in this catagory and there are others that could do alot worse than him. i say let him have his bottle and try to make an alien film atleast he respects the franchise. aslong as uwe boll doesnt get the job im happy.
and as for pred 2 being bad....well that is just untrue

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

yoyo.jpg

If you think about it, the only thing Anderson changed about the aliens were their strength. But, they seemed to be getting stronger in every installment. Maybe Alien 5 wont be a total let down. But I still think it wont be that bad. I've never hated him, I mean, he seems like quite a nice guy from the commentaries and interviews.

Drenton.jpg
Stupidity works in mysterious ways. Its greatest achievement is solar-powered night-vision goggles.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

My feelings about ANdersdon haven't changed: He's a good director, but he can't write at all.

deathdrop1.jpg

StLkEr222, Undefined, 17 years ago

I happen to like AVP alot same with Resi moives alot of people except fans that tink they are die hard fans, but he like to be creative and do some of his own things so he is a good director but a moive based on other moives and or games isnt the best place to be creative and change and add stuff. I think AVP2 will be alot better and I didnt Hate Ressuriction I happen to like that alot to. but they really need to do something new for alien 5 add some new aliens or someting to make stand out from the rest of the series(but in a good way)

A Good friend will bail you out of jail.
A true friend will be sitting next to saying" Danm.. we F ed Up."

I don't think any of us really hated Resurrection. Except for some of the MODs, but... Eh, nevermind. And that's what I meant by, "Just look at it was a movie and not what's it's based on, and you're looking at a really great movie there.

"But look at it by what it's based on and... "WTF?"

00Bloo_sig11.png

daveberg, Undefined, 17 years ago

Resurrection was the weakest link in the official Alien series, the story was tame and Ripley came across as quite camp - the dark humour really didn't fit well and cheapened the feel of the movie. The settings were great though, nice visuals, plus the aliens looked great. Anderson only wishes he could make something as good as Alien Res.

I think if they are re-visiting the alien franchise, the need to go back to grass root, get the feel of terror from the first movie, the adrenaline rush of action from the second, and the feeling of helplessness and lost hope from the third movie - throw all these together and you've got a recipe for a great 5th Alien film.

jgjkhgjkyhku.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.