DeathWraith, Human, 7 years ago

Marvel made me so paranoid about mid/post-credits scenes that I would even check a movie like The Green Mile for them.

tawganator, Human, 7 years ago

I fucking hate the concept of post credit scenes. As there is nothing more annoying than waiting in the theater while everyone else is leaving just hoping that your time is not being wasted. Then you get those arseholes that say there is a scene when there isn't or isn't when there is so you have to either watch it all the way through and hope for the best or leave and never look back and hope that you never find out that there in fact was a scene and you've just blown your chance of seeing it unless you want to fork out another ticket price jut to be caught up on everything because god knows that everyone else in the fucking world has seen it and they will let you know that it was your own fault because you should have known that there would be a post credit scene.

I mean fuck. Cant they just let us know if there is scene at the end or not instead of fucking with us? Fuck hindsight. It's easy to say what someone should have done after the fact and being a snobby douche about it isn't going to win you any points. 1903's The Great Train Robbery started this and The Muppet Movie in 1979 gave it some new life then Marvel just fucked it up into high gear so now most movies do it.

Just a little disclaimer is all I fucking ask for. Not this psychological torture of not knowing and hoping with the promise of reward or punishment.

Oh I've never waited for them in the theater, I only check if I'm pirating the movie. If I saw it at the cinema I'll just check on youtube. But I think the worst thing Marvel has done in this respect is add both mid-credit and post-credit scenes in the same movie. I mean, if you're watching it at home, you now have to look like an idiot through the entire credits to find those 5 seconds of extra scene and if you're at the cinema you're gonna be like "wait, was this it, can I go now, or is there gonna be another scene at the end?" which just doubles the stress.

I would like to nominate bellis555 for the most creative in advertising. I mean how much effort must have gone into doing that? I'm sure that if his bosses knew then they would give him a raise.

Creative, sure, but I don't even know what the advertising was about. EDIT: It was cheap jerseys from China.

Peterson, Human, 7 years ago

fuck off DD dont make this shit political

Deathdrop, Human, 7 years ago

Oh, it's like THAT is it?! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A TIT-SQUIRTING BATTLE!

edit: M y t i t s c a n s q u i r t f a r t h e r t h a n y o u r s c a a a a a n.....

-Bloo-, Human, 7 years ago

I've recently finished watching and reading The Lord of the Rings and I regret not doing so earlier in my life, but I feel like I wouldn't have appreciated it nearly as much as I do right now if I did. Fantasy tends to get too caught up in setting and spectacle, so the character focus in LOTR is a really nice change of pace (which is weird because it's so old; everyone copies Tolkien, but they copy him in the wrong ways). The whole Legendarium is an amazing lesson in worldbuilding. The soundtrack is amazing, too. I might pick up Shadow of Mordor and its sequel in the summer.

@DW: To be honest I don't even remember who that is, but she's a good reminder of how much I appreciate Kpop legs. The song's nice too; I like it a lot. I don't know what she's singing about but everything about the video reminds me of all the good things in life.

Edit: For some reason I tend to remember individual Korean musicians less than individual Japanese musicians. I remember all the Kpop group names but never the members themselves. Maybe it's because lots of Jpop stars are also anime VAs.

Edit: I've been listening to the Circle's Dream EP all day. Subin has a nice voice.

She's singing about how she wants to make the guy who cheated on her suffer a lot. Subin is from the group Dal Shabet. She also made the song Joker that was so bad two members left.

EDIT: You can still get Shadow of Mordor for 5 euros here.

"She's singing about how she wants to make the guy who cheated on her suffer a lot."

Ah yes, the good things in life.

Edit: WOW that's cheap. I might get it and play it in the summer.

Godzilla anime movie on Netflix coming in November. I am surprised and very happy to hear this news. For more information on the title and premise go here: https://youtu.be/d8xcgWsOkSQ

Hey gz to your relatives who aren't getting killed yet, DD and whoever else is using the affordable care act.

The guy writing the Godzilla anime also wrote Psycho-Pass and Madoka Magica. I'm excited there's a chance the human characters will be interesting.

Speaking of Godzilla, I enjoyed Skull Island a lot. So much better than Jurassic World. The after-credit scene got me hyped.

I was feeling skeptical about seeing the Godzilla anime but if it's by the writer of Psycho-Pass and Madoka Magica then I am now waiting for it more than Saw Legacy.

DarkLioness, Human, 7 years ago

So I went to see Life and Get Out at the drive in last Saturday. Get Out was creepy and thankfully wasn't overly political. Life was one of the more scarier movies I've seen recently, it was a bit different from your standard space based horror film.

I've been meaning to watch Get Out...

I've got a Get Out you can watch ;)

It's weird seeing actual instruments being played in a Kpop video. And now I wanna watch Kill Bill and Leon the Professional.

Hey guys, everyone is active again and it's no longer depressing to come to this site.

Haha, just a funny prank. Happy April 1st!