Movies and Books?

Broken_Tusk, Undefined, 16 years ago

Hey there guys,
I am fairly new to the site so if this is a sore subject dont flame me for it, just curious.
As a die hard Alien and Predator fan I've become familiar with the books comics games movies, etc...
I really enjoy the books and most of the comics because it dives deeper into each universe to give us much more expanded information on the lifestyles of each of our favorite beast of choice. For instance the predator books/comics reveal alot about their culture, weapons, and language, the same holds true for Aliens. And the games well hell the games are just fund.

Just wondering how everyone else felt? Most people movies only or do you also enjoy some of the books?

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

im new here to but i anit read any of the books or comics i have played ll the games up to date and seen all the movies

oh and welcome to the site and feel free to look around and ask as many questions as u like

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

I highly enjoyed both the movies and books, but i should read more of the books since i only read one. lol

The games are okay, but AVP: Extinction just kinda got boring and had little twists that didnt seem to fitting.
And Predator: Concrete Jungle the game just doesnt interest me anymore since i beat it and then my memory card fried on it.

Also, Broken_Tusk if you dont mind me asking, how did you think of your name for the site?

ScarredShadow, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yea was it from the main Predator named Dachande in the AVP series because I know that means Broken Tusk. I enjoyed the Predator and AVP books. The games were ok I have Predator: Concrete Jungle and AVP Extinction. I liked the movies except AVP well it was ok just didnt like the Anderson directed it.

Broken_Tusk, Undefined, 16 years ago

Yes it was from the AvP book Prey. That was the first of the books i read and i liked alot, figured it was a good fit.
I've read all of the ALIEN and Alien vs Predator books haven't finished the Predator series yet.
I just really like how you get sort of an expanded universe in the books and most of them are pretty good.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

I feel that the comics are a good source of information and theories while the movies and novels are more based on the real stories/origins.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

true