mask of predator

ELDER, Undefined, 17 years ago

i know a little bit of mask of pred

but im curious, how many types of mask pred use?

and

can be the mask of pred is not just a mask to cover the ugly face from acid.n.air?

predatoress, Undefined, 17 years ago

What ugly face? Preds have the most gorgeous faces in the universe *pinches on cheek* Goochy goochy, yes flare those mandibles! *melts* rofl

Bear me, I'm feeling a bit hyper... Probably 'cos it's so damn cold in here and I need to do stuff fast so I can move around to keep myself warm.

But about the mask, it have many uses - it protects, offers information, controls the equipment, sight and makes sure you get the right mixture of g@sses to breath.

new-Predess-sig.jpg

There‘s something worse than aliens, predators or marines...

What is it?

Me.

shadowatching, Undefined, 17 years ago

my beautiful smell dnt forget that it records as well

Shadowatching_02.jpg

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yes, as Predess said, the masks offer many things to the predator on it's hunts.

As for the different masks, predators probably only have one mask that's presonalized to their liking.

Mishmuf_02.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

The Predators' masks are not cosmetical accessories, they are specialized pieces of hunting equipment, which can prove invaluable during a dangerous hunt.

The mask itself is quite a durable piece of equipment. Made from an unknown metal, it is capable of deflecting bullets & resisting most other attacks with ease. As well as providing physical protection, the mask contains a compact-refractive lense, which allows hunters to view the environment through different light spectrums, effectively allowing them to see in almost any visual conditions, as well as identifying & targeting potential prey with ease.

The mask also contains a compact recorder & directional microphone, which allows a Predator to record the vocal patterns of it's prey, or specific words & sentences which it may hear during a hunt, & project them with the microphone to confuse or startle it's prey. This equipment can also used for communication purposes.

One of it's most important & useful features is it's built-in control system. Utilising this, a Predator can operate much of it's equipment through the mask alone. Small, mandible-operated controls inside the jaw structure of the mask enable a hunter to control the functions of it's cloak, & plasmacaster, amongst other things, without having to touch it's wrist-gauntlet controls, greatly reducing it's vulnerability while using it's equipment.

The mask also provides oxygen to a Predator in situations where it would normally be difficult or impossible to breathe. Effectively acting as an inhaler, although on a much more subtle level. Mounted in the corner of the mask, above the eyepiece, sits the trademark tri-beam laser sight. Once it has identified a target, a triangular crosshair appears on the Predator's internal HUD (heads-up-display), allowing it to lock it's plasmacaster onto a target, & kill with increased efficiency & accuracy.

On top of all the technological advantages it provides during a hunt, a Predator's mask can also signify it's kills, & ranking amongst it's clan. Honoured hunters typically brandish carvings along the crown of their mask, signifying the more impressive of their kills. The blooding mark is also burned onto the forehead of the mask upon a young hunter's first Xenomorph kill, for the clans that perform the ritual.

thorndesignssig.jpg

nostromo, Undefined, 17 years ago

i also noticed that when the pred has its mask on, the voices of are lower. when its off, it made ducth sound like a chipmonk. so maybe experized hunters use it to desyper words they no the meaning on better.

ELDER, Undefined, 17 years ago

ok ,,but i think elder dont want to put he's mask..

i know he have some of this in he's shoulder