engineer again?in avp classic 2000?aw no........

alienxeno, Yautja, 11 years ago

for those of you who didnt notice:

there is a engineer in avp classic 2000.when you go to the elevator that leads to the hive like place you can see it in its chair but it is dead.this (somehow)facinates me since it was alot of time before prometheus (wich i still hate so dont think....) was even planned and engineers are not even given a name.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

Yeah, it was a reference to the space jockey from Alien.

FireHunter, Yautja, 11 years ago

You've made it perfectly clear that you hate Prometheus, you can stop saying it now.

Also, as Deathdrop said, it would have been a reference to Alien, which, if you've noticed, also had an Engineer that was un-named, and also came out a long time before Prometheus. I've seen Alien references in much more bizarre places than an AvP game, like the Conker shooting game (I don't remember the name of it).

daveberg, Yautja, 11 years ago

I really don't understand your issue with the Engineers?

And as mentioned, the Engineers or 'space Jockey' as they were formally known, more than likely predate your actual birth, in terms of screen appearance. Do you chose to ignore the fact there is a dead Engineer within the derelict spacecraft in Alien, which was made in 1979, or have you simply not seen the film itself?

The Engineers/ space Jockeys have been making appearances in the movies/games/books for decades, it's not something new.

Yeah, the Engineers used to be known informally as "Space Jockeys" after the dead one from Alien. They've been popping up in Alien and/or AVP-related media for years.

There's the original in Alien.

There's the appearance of the Derelict in Aliens.

The Derelict makes another appearance in Capcom's AVP arcade game.

The Alien comics have featured stories involving Space Jockeys/Engineers.

So yeah, those elephant-headed freaks have been showing up for some time now.

guys i know that.okay?there is actualy a engineer alien queen in aliens infestation.now whe have never seen a engineer alien yet let stand a queen.(except for chesty)

Are you saying there is a Jockey Alien in the Infestation game? They appeared in one of the comics, I think.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

Yeah, it was a giant son of a bitch, too, if I remember right. But it's nothing to get worked up about, it's not like there's a huge conspiracy surrounding Prometheus and the extended universe. That's like saying I should be worried about my toaster because there was bread in the Italian Renaissance.

LOL.whell this topic can be closed.but the alien of the engineer in the comincs was just the alien.this was a QUEEN!