directors

Quinn, Undefined, 18 years ago

who should be the director of the next alien pred or avp film.

For aliens
im going to go with steven speilberg ( in hopes of a similer only more menicing feel to close encounters, i mean that was a spooky movie also the way he didnt show the aliens till the end is very similer to alien.)

or ridly scott well c'mon you know he would take the aliens back to their roots of horror and not action.

for a predator movie
john mcTeirnan just cuz pred one owns.

for any or all...
james cameron you know hes reppin canada in the directing catigory.

"This time the B!tch Is Back

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 18 years ago

I'm all for David Fincher. I have to agree with you fellas, Alien 3 is really an underrated but fantastic work of art. Just a marvel to view. I really like that film.
Not to mention Mr. Fincher has produced some other brilliant looking films, like Se7en and Panic Room.

hellboi.png

Leader Of The Shadow Serpents.

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

to comment on david fincher,was alien 3 his fist movie?im not sure , if it was , i think he took a lot of uneccassary criticism ,throwing a first time director into a franchise as big as alien was a brave move,so some credit must go to whoever gave him the job.i personally thought it was a little weak,but i hear that there was a lot of studio interferance,so the movie u saw was not what the director intended.

THROW.JPG

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

id like to see someone different get a hold of either franchise,maybe john woo for predator,that guy knows action,as for another alien flick,maybe get someone like m night shayalaman,hes good at suspense,maybe even brian de palma ,hes good with strong characters and action,or michael mann.at worst let michael bay have a go at avp2 after hes finished with transformers,he would make a kick avp movie,but the budget would go through the roof.

THROW.JPG

yes that is true the origianal thoughts of the director involved a monistary with monks.... and some sort of forest at one point. but the idea was sped by others and it actually cost them money to halt production and make new sets... Hmmm M night Shamilan migh not be bad. however he can put weird twists on movies Cough The village cough not even monsters cough.... but other than that his movies were good.

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

AVP was very disconnected from it's roots in my opinion, the predators in particular, seemed like totally different creatures from the preds from the first 2 movies. It really felt (to me anyway) like both creatures had been transformed from ledgendary. iconic characters, into generic beasts that didn't really define themselves as aliens & predators & rather, seem almost like different creatures inow what I mean. The film just didn't have that special something that defined it as being an alien/predator movie.

Enough about AVP though. I agree with u guys about Fincher not being given enough credit for A3, admittedly, the first two movies were better, but A3 introduced a gothical, creepy atmosphere into the series which had not been present in any of the other films. Fincher would be a good candidate for the next alien/pred movie or the next AVP

stalker.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

you know what, i'm gonna go with a darkhorse here, i'd like David Fincher to come back and direct, Alien3 was a fantastic film in terms of atmosphere and presence.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

i was going to mention somthing about the director from alien 3 not recieving hardly any credit for the dark suspenceful and gritty atmosphere. but i could not recal who the director was.

Great minds think alike, The third alien film was spot on for a tense, skin crawling setting. Fincher did a great job and was definately not given the credit he was due.

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

the first 3 were great movies. its a shame how the series seems to be in its twilight years....
did you know in avp the words alien and predator are never spoken?

That is actually true. They frequently use the words 'hunters' and 'serpants'

BERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

stalker, ditto about the transformation, especially how the yautja were protrayed. they looked overly bulky with all that equipment and armor, not quite the honorable hunter. alien3 was a great movie, i would give that director the nod on that one.

otangmodsig2.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory

Soldier, Undefined, 18 years ago

I would like James Cameron to do the next Aliens. He did an excellent job, and made the second as good as the first, something very hard to do.