DIfferent Predators

Champ, Undefined, 15 years ago

What do u reakon about the Predators from the series?

The creature in Predator and Predator 2 looked scary, suspensville, original, mysterious and were fair fighters.

Unlike the Predators in AVP, they were tooo big, tooo buff, couldn't fight for shit, looked too predictable and they weren't mysterious or scary. They looked shit!

But....I like how the Strause Brothers made The Wolf. He was everything I wanted for a Predator, he made up for the shitty ones in the original AVP. He was a good, but fair fighter, looked unreal, was truly into his honor for his race and played the stalker scene very well.

What do u guys reakon?

DeathWraith, Undefined, 15 years ago

Yes, well, that's what we all think. In this case, saying simply "i agree" would be a pretty good answer, because you about summed it up.

xeno_slayer, Undefined, 15 years ago

speak for yourself death.

i liked the preds in avp.

Well then obviously when i said "we all" i meant the ones who... ah, forget it.

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

AVP overall was a bit of a disappointment with me because of the fact that again the predators basically loose...again. Although I think the movie did wonders for the advancement of the predator technology. AVPR was a shit ass movie, but as you said Champ, they did a great job with the Wolf.
So I'm conflicted.. but I'm leaning towards AVP.

My favorite verison of the predator is the jungle hunter from the first predator movie, all time hands down favorite! Good topic Champ.

Auto_Pred, Undefined, 15 years ago

The Predators in AVP were shocking, a disgrace to the Predator series. The only good thing about AVP R was the Predator design and the vision mode, however the movie itself was the worsed Alien/Predator film by FAR.

Champ, Undefined, 15 years ago

Well I wouldn't say the worse movie so far, I think the only thing that made AVP R bad was the actors. I mean lets face it, have u seen ANY of the actors from AVP R in any other movie?

Well I certainly havent and espeically that guy that got out of prison, he was probably THE worse actor I have seen in a movie and he didn't really play the whole 'big brother/pissed off' guy at all.

Wouldn't u all agree?

What they were trying to pull in AVPR with the actors is the same thing Ridley Scott did with Alien. Had a bunch of normal looking actors nobody knew of, made the Alien movie that much better. The issue though with AVPR is the directors were so unexperianced they thought having a bunch of unknown actors would work what they didnt see was that these actors were unknown for a reason..they sucked!

AVP had its weak points but all-in-all it was a much better movie, like I said before when I watch AVP I know I'm watching a real movie. When I watch AVPR I think I'm watching a glorified fan film.

Well, as I've said before, AvP looks to me like a parody more than a serious movie...

superxinyang, Undefined, 15 years ago

the 2 predators inavp is shit! they died so easily.only the third one is better,oh and i like wolf in avpr. too bad of the aliens

predatoress, Undefined, 15 years ago

The whole plot of AVP R was a downfall in my mind, it was like ripped off from Scream or another crappy teenhorror movie. Nevertheless the design was alright, but still it lack the right athmosphere.

I still go for the originals, from design to the acting and actual plot. They just show brilliance which isn't found in movies nowadays... Well very seldom.

Very much agree, AVP may not be perfect but atleast when you watch it you know your watching a real movie, While AVP R looks more like a fan-made film posted on to youtube.

It doesn't get any worse then AVP R.

Auto pred, predatoress can't agree more.

vevlaa, Undefined, 15 years ago

Haven't we been through this a couple of times before...?

-Bloo-, Undefined, 15 years ago

Yeah, but it's always fun to discuss how much AVPR sucked...

Wait.. that's not the topic?

Xenomorphbane, Undefined, 15 years ago

ok, um..........the reason why the preds in AvP sucked is because the were adolescents. not as skilled as the preds from the first 2 predator movies or the wolf, because they were novices. duh.

and another thing. AvP:R sucked balls. serious. i mean, the only good parts were the fight scenes between the wolf and the Xenos. nothing else. the plot sucked, the acting sucked, it was just a shitload of random violence.

at least the first AvP had a fair plot. the girl was an okay actor. they portrayed the preds they way they should have been: as novices. which again, explains why they sucked at fighting. and the fight sequences were kool still in AvP.

so MEH!!!!!!!! i just bashed the hell out of it!!!!!!!!

TribalWerewolf9, Undefined, 15 years ago

i wonder why the younger ones were 2 buth

Argh. I will bring my arguements for why AvP was idiotic back to life, but not now, because i'm too tired. I won't comment on AvP-R though, i liked the movie and i don't wanna disgrace it.

Xenomorphbane, Undefined, 15 years ago

no way dude.

AvP wasn't anything special but at least it was better than AvP:R

again, AvP: R had

a.)terrible acting

b.)terrible plotline

c.)didn't make much sense (as far as the Xenomorph. they were growing to full grown in a matter of a few minutes!)

d.)the whole movie was just a bunch of random violence. much of it was unneccesary.

e.)too be honest it was more of a cheap horror film too. they killed off pretty much ALL the main characters that probably should have lived.

f.)the one and only thing good about it was the action sequences. between the wolf and the Xenos. and thats like...what? a grand total of ten, maybe fifteen minutes?

g.)and yea, the whole thing with the human taking the pred's weapon towards the end? wtf?!?!?! humans should NOT be able to know how to even WORK that thing let alone unjam it or whatever the hell he did to break it.

h.)if they make another one like the end of AvP: R suggests, they better do a damn better job than AvP: R. at least AvP level, or better.

i mean, the only good parts were the fight scenes between the wolf and the Xenos.

Umm... All the fight scenes were so dark that you couldn't make out what was going on, hows this good?

Well let me remember a few stuff from AvP that were simply BULLSHIT. I haven't seen it in a short enaugh time to remember all the stuff, but i remember clearly that i feel like laughing and crying at the same time when i watch it.

1. The lines were made in a hurry. I'm sorry Hunter's Moon, but... "La Luna Del Cacciatore" is the dumbest fictional earthly tradition i've ever heard about in a movie. They call a full moon "La Luna Del Cacciatore"??? It's obvious that they wanted the italian character to say something "cool" in italian italian, with no reality in it, but that will raise the suspense for the kids under 13 who don't realise just how stupid this line is, because they went with the assumption that everyone who watches these movies are idiots.

2. There are some idiocies in the plot. I don't quite remember everything that happens, but what i remember is how the pyramid had two huge predator statues at the entrance and noone wondered what they were about. I remember how they called the xenomorphs "snakes" when they are OBVIOUSLY NOT SNAKES! ... Alien creatures came to earth, enslaved the human population and tought the stupid retards how to place one block over the other, because they had no skill in block placing and couldn't build themselves homes, the poor fellas. But wait, hasn't this alreay been done once?

3. The predators moved like they were chemically fattened cows. I liked the masks, i liked the long wristblades, i hate the shuriken. But the preds looked pretty stupid and they behaved like dumbasses.

4. The aliens' heads looke like pudding. And don't give me the bullshit about them growing so fast in AvPR because they grew even faster in AvP. And even so, Anderson said it was because they were fed something special through some tubes that the queen had in her...

5. Lex saves Scar's ass lawl. Twice.

6. The CGI was crap. The aliens looked stupider than the preds.

7. NONE of the masked predators on the ship managed to take a look at Scar's chest to see a damn chestburster in there.

8. Except for Mr. Weyland, who had no place there, 200 years before he lived, all the characters were played by stupid actors.

9. The movie was, overall, just a parody of both the Alien and Predator franchises, including other stuff like Stargate an Tomb Raider.