Badapple24's super amazing non bias review of Alien: Isolation!

badapple24, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

It's dark. I pull up my motion tracker, nothing. I run to a nearby vent. The motion tracker beeps. The picture on the screen is dull and flickering, but I see a dot. It's moving towards me, I panic. Looking for a way out it stops, I turn to see nothing behind me but the entrance. I think about running for it. I try. Making it out of the vent the creature is there, awaiting for my return.

Yes, alien Isolation is definitely a beautiful game, the whole 1970's feel of the system and the station. The way everything takes forever to run, But the game is fast paced and brutal if you're unprepared. The words "No mercy." takes an effect here, with a brutal creature stalking you that's the least of your worries. You also have to worry about murderous androids and terrified humans who are simply trying to get by. The story is also a great move, playing as Amanda, ripley's daughter, definitely paves way for speculation.

In the game, you can't kill the alien, only run and hide. Humans are fairly easy to kill, though in great numbers can be a challenge, the androids are most creepy, having them chasing you and speaking "I can't help you, if I can't find you." It's a terrifying prospect. However you do have allies on the station, the marshals and the executives you got on the ship with are willing to help you. But there isn't a lot to help you otherwise, with ammunition and supplies running low, you craft what you can, when you can. And when you're in a hurry you may miss something important. Another thing in the game is it's soundtrack and noise, the way they took all the original music and noises, it really immerses you in the alien Atmosphere.

A lot of the game makes noise, which isn't good when your Amanda, as noise attracts unwanted attention. The AI in the game makes you feel as f you're never safe. Like there is something waiting for you around the next corner. Even the motion tracker isn't too much of a help. As it isn't long range and if an enemy is close it will get you killed.

All together, Alien isolation is a great game, myself I rated the game 8.6 out of 10. As there were a few flaws with the game, but they were mostly minor visual glitches. Otherwise any alien fan should definitely purchase this game

Dark, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

Personally I felt it was ridiculous how fire would not damage the alien

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

Getting even more tempted to play this... I'm just waiting for it to go down in price (maybe during that period between Thanksgiving and Christmas).

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

@Dark

Why is that ridiculous? Its scared away by it, and the game would suck if you could kill the Alien. In addition, I'm in Chemistry now. Soo, science with Nicholas Pechlaner.

As some of you may know, in Alien, it was stated that the monster was made of some sort of silicon. Silicon is actually relatively chemically inert, as shown by its placement in the Periodic table. Due to its electron configuration, Silicon wants to enter a negative electrical charge (it wants to gain electrons to enter a Noble electron configuration, filling in its P orbital, as this is its most stable state). This would allow it to react to halogens, and other nonmetals including oxygen (as silicon does not react to acid, making the Aliens composition possible). However, the Alien is most likely constructed of Silica, or Silicon dioxide, which has already reacted with oxygen and formed a chemical bond.

Basically, the Alien may feel the heal, but it won't burn. Unless you want to heat it up immensely (thus breaking the chemical bonds in its Acids and in the Silica), fire may not even have any long-term effects on the creature.

Okay, done with that.

@Bloo

Same here, although my parents have to un-ground me first.

HA HE GOT YOU BOY!

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

"fire may not even have any long-term effects on the creature."

Tell that to my flame thrower on the AVP & AVP2 games. Isolation looks awesome definitely something I'll need to pick up. Like Bloo however, I don't want to shell out coin for it just yet. Good review Badapple. I can tell Isolation is going to be one of the first alien games that really freaks me out.

Yay! Someone likes my review. I should do it more often. Any other games you want reviewed?

Yay! Someone likes my review. I should do it more often. Any other games you want reviewed?

krio, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

@bloo
I think there is no aliens vs Predator game that needs reviewing now. But it was fun to read.

@Dronehive
AND STILL, DA FLAMETHROWER IS DA BEST WEAPON IN DA ALIEN UNIVARSE!!!!
Seriously, though, the Aliens are burned in every movie (though, I don't recal it in the first), every game, and most comics.
This arguement sounds invalid due to this point.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

ALIEN > all other Alien related media

The cannon of the first film takes precedence over all others.