Dark, Yautja, 11 years ago

Oh my 40 posts keep going guys lets see what happens

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

Please, AVP was not nearly the worst movie in film history.

A closer contender would be its bastard offspring, AVPR. And there are still loads of shit worse than that, like Son of the Mask.

Dark, Yautja, 11 years ago

My opinion Requiem of a dream was and I personally HATE Orphan

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

^ Oh, please. Those two aren't even in the Top 100.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

My god, this is happening, isn't it?

Well, I refuse! America!

...Let's be fair here, guys. Requiem (the one with Jennifer Connelly) has no place being put in the same category as AVP and AVPR. Neither does Orphan, which I personally thought excelled where most recent releases of its kind failed (and I like Vera Farmiga). But placing the AVP films (or, at least the first one) in equal footing with bullshit like Transmorphers is unacceptable. You cannot tell me they're at the same level of mediocrity. One is ambitious, about space monsters blowing shit up and is merely a poor - if not entertaining - shadow of a much larger blockbuster series. The other is Transmorphers.

alienxeno, Yautja, 11 years ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOO NEVEEEEEEEEEEER!

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REEEEEEVEEEEEEEENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEENGGGGGGGGGEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

serius i like avp 1 but the rest makes poop look good,and now they are making a thirt in the series..........in that case it should be even worse than second one.

i like the games tough.....................................

Dutchbaby, Yautja, 11 years ago

I would love to see a new and improved avp film. It has so much potential. They need to take a look at the graphic novels, books and even the games that have previously been released. The pc games had the right idea and the books (hunters planet/prey) were also well thought out although the whole woman aka machiko nogouchi joining the predator race was slightly gash.

The previous two films lacked atmosphere, action (I mean proper action, none of this slow motion/bullet time bollocks) and most importantly decent actors/film crew. The aliens/predators were introduced far too early in the film which destroyed everything which made each franchise delicious in terms of viewing... There was no tense atmosphere, no peeking through fingers, no playing on the mind of what would happen next... It was all pretty predictable throughout the entire film.

Fuck the other films as they were disasters. Reboot the film and include everything that made these films so delightfully engrossing. The first predator and initial 2 alien films are still to this day some of the best sci fi/action films ever made!

BloodHarpy, Yautja, 11 years ago

@Bloo

If you've seen The Hunger Games you'll notice the girl that played Clove is the same girl from Orphan. Also the girl that palyed the Nice little girl in Orphan was in Resident Evil: Retribution.

That being said I think Goblin and Goblin 2 were WORSE than AVP:R.

As for there being an AVP 3 I doubt there will ever be one. Ever.

shockwave, Yautja, 10 years ago

who knows. mbye theyll do some crappy pryimid agian, its not impossible that another sequel will happen. actualy im hoping for one. with more than one predalien, queen face huggers, preatorians, acid spitters, the raven, crusher, ect

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

Even though that stuff is cool, more stuff =/= better movie.

tawganator, Yautja, 10 years ago

Pred vs Pred vs Xeno vs Xeno = Aaaaaww Yeeaaahh

No humans absolutely no humans at all to fudge it up. No humans = no relationship bullshit, no ego douchebag conflict bullshit, no explain what's going on filler bullshit. Unless it's all pred this stuff should not be in a monster mash up movie.

FireHunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

I have a very difficult time thinking about how an AvP movie would work without being corny. Although a setting similar to the current RPG (Planes of Nightmares) would be pretty cool in some ways, it could also turn out to be awful, and it would very likely turn out to be awful. Even if it was written by us with the same events that are occurring now in it, when translated into a movie form it would turn out badly.

So no, please no more AvP movies.

ultimate-xeno, Yautja, 10 years ago

I think for the next movie there should be everything shockwave said but just with aliens and predators, no humans in this one.

ommishgamehen, Yautja, 10 years ago

I hate to revive a dead thread but I keep seeing people say how bad the AVP movies are. Well can someone please explain to me what is bad about it? Half the people that are saying it's bad are people whom have never seen Alien(s), Alien 2, etc or Predator, predator 2 etc. You just don't understand how it all started. Lol.

FireHunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

Create a new thread for it.