alien eggs activates by body heat.

Unknown, Undefined, 19 years ago

I dont think alien eggs activates by proximithy(movement) beacuse then the eggs would react even to the aliens movement!

NOTE:in alien directors cut when kane fell down througt the blue power feald right into the eggs can you auchtyli see when he is kicking an egg so it almost felt!!but that egg dident react. so if they where react on proxy dont you think an egg would open if you kickt it!? and the eggs in the movie dident react on kane so fast is beacuse he wore a big astronat suit which dont let special much warm let ot so it took a little extra time for the eggs to react on him.

so mine terory is that alien eggs react on body heat!

THE ALIEN PLOUGE:
WE ARE BOURNE WHEN ONE OF YOURS DIES.
WE ARE A LIVING DISASTER.
WE ARE THE APOCALYPSE FROM SPACE!!!!!!

daveberg, Undefined, 19 years ago

bio electrical pulses emitted from hosts are recognised by the hugger which brings them out of there dormancy.

daveberg.jpg

dont alien have that pulse?

THE ALIEN PLOUGE:

different biology. the aliens can differentiate between species i presume. the electrical pulse i imagine would be different for that of an alien. i may be wrong.

daveberg.jpg

Dont know about you guys but I go by the threory da aliens are telepathic,so the huggers knew wat Kane was likely to do and look closely at an egg so they waited for the right opportunity.

Im the first (prototype) Alien Drone......I didnt come from the queen I was made in a lab by the jockeys,but Im still part of the hive...I just dont go by the orders of the queen.

well thats a different theory alright mate, only nit picking i can do with that is if the aliens are telepathic then they'd be able to prevent attacks being thrown their way seeing as they'd be able to read the mind of the attacker.

daveberg.jpg

Nah the thoery really is that they can sense who is comin and wat type of person he is...dont thing they would predict da future. How ya been mate?

Im the first (prototype) Alien Drone......I didnt come from the queen I was made in a lab by the jockeys,but Im still part of the hive...I just dont go by the orders of the queen.

yeah same old same old, you know how it is, stuck in the daily grind, all work and no play, then, it is friday, let the drinkin begin!!!

daveberg.jpg

oxymoron_02, Undefined, 19 years ago

Having recently read "Music Of The Spears", a novel in the Aliens series, I discovered that (and this may not be the only way) the eggs can pick up on human scents.

Somewhere in the book, and it's one line in 310 pages, so no find-ey today, it describes that this sense of smell is so acute, that an egg can pick up a single human scent molecule from around a mile away or so. This struck me as not such an incredibly good idea, since they could then open up when a human was actually a mile away, so it's feasible that they don't rely on just one detection method.
Personally I believe a combination of pheremones/scent, bioelectrical pulses and maybe even sound (in the form of extremely sensitive 'skin' cells) would provide the egg with a great means of proximity detection, each method allowing the egg to detect a human at varying ranges.

"Pain then, white hot, slamming through a ribcage that was nothing more than a fragile lace spiderweb against the teeth that split him from breastbone to gut and twice as deep."

Nah man I prefer da telepathy threory....if ya ever read Labyrinth then ya will know were im comin from.

Aliens are not telepathic at all. Their main sense of communication and detection is pheremones, as clearly stated in just about every publication ever made.

"Pain then, white hot, slamming through a ribcage that was nothing more than a fragile lace spiderweb against the teeth that split him from breastbone to gut and twice as deep."

interesting theories heres my explanation = aliens sense the different bio electrical pulses from approaching hosts which then activate the dormant face hugger by inducing it with chemicals, this starts the egg to open and the hugger to attack. this knowledge is based from the films and NOT, the books or comics. the films are what you should be going on here.

on a last note, the aliens are actually partially telepathic. they recieve electrical impulses from the queen which if you read the books (even though i only really follow knowledge from the movies) you will find this is known as the 'HIVE mind' also the book laberynth completely shows the aliens as being able to communicate to one another by means of telapathy.

last word. I hate the books. I hate the comics. I hate the games. Those who have the knowledge in the actual movies are worthy of hardcore fan status.

daveberg.jpg

Wrong-o. They are *not* telepathic. That's just an indefensible over-elaboration of simplifying something you don't fully comprehend. The Queen's pheremone trails are exactly what real-life ants use, again *not* telepathy.

And how dare you contradict anything I said that CAME FROM A BOOK? I didn't just make it up, and just because you've read differently it doesn't make what I read wrong. Like I said, the book I read said human scent, and that was specifically descirbing an egg, not the Queen, or the drones.

Before you start contradicting people, actually thoroughly read, and *understand* what they said.

did i actually state that you personally were taking things from the books? NO. you are indeed wrong my son, but hey you have your opinion and i have mine. check the ancherpoint essays, the most comprahensive alien biology coverage on the net. the aliens (this includes the eggs and hugger) communicate through bio electrical pulses, this has been stated so many times by thousands of fans, as they have no eyes this is the main source of there 'vision and comunnication' with the rest of their brood.

avp2.jpg

i suggest YOU read my posts next time before you accuse me of things. not for one second did i state that YOU got the information from the books. i clearly stated my distain for the books, comics and games and that i only take information on alien biology from the films. the point i was actually making was that your theory is a common one which is used in the books. So HOW DARE YOU get on your high horse with me son.

avp2.jpg

oh and a final note, you said you read this information from the book 'music of the spears' so what is to stop me from saying that the biological explanations in the books are different of that in the actual movies. again, my statments covered the fact that i personally have no interest in the theories in the books games or comics, i have read mostly all of them and have found some enjoyment from them but over all i'd rather keep my knowledge based from the movies.

avp2.jpg

dave has spoken!!!

THE ALIEN PLOUGE:

ahem. heheh.

avp2.jpg

Wow that was some fight.

thanks you fans thank you....

marsheavp.jpg

If you only take your sources from the films, you have a very limited view indeed, so shutup.

Of course, you also contradicted yourself by saying you took your explanation from the INTERNET. Home of alien sightings, government conspiracies and all kinds of UNPROVEN theories.
I said quite clearly that I was not saying you were wrong,and I also stated that I was talking about EGGS, not aliens. Learn to read you bloody moron.

I've come across people like you on forums far too much. A senior member who thinks their word is that of God, just because they've been there longer.
And bloody hell, could you reply any more times in a row?

Conclusion: No, you are not right, you egotistical, bigoted, opinionated fool. Aliens might well use bloody neverending, invisible, ethereal feelers to do everything, but we'll never know because they're HR. Giger's creation, not your precious fiom maker's.

YGS, .