Alien Canon fodder

avpunlimited, Undefined, 15 years ago

Aliens is canon in it's own right, but it is not in the same universe as Alien.

Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Ressurection, AVP and AVPR contridict Alien, and each other. There are too many contridictions to state, but the point is, if I use 'the Alien' in an argument, you can't use feats from other movies to disprove or effect what I'm saying about that particular Alien in anyway.

Go ahead and try, it own't matter, and it certainly won't prove anything, because their universes kill each other, they can not co-exist harmlessly.

BECAUSE of looks of deferent Aliens and actions of deferent Aliens.

For example; in Alien, the Alien did nothing but eat humans, and follow the heat from the heating system in the vents, in Aliens the Aliens downed transmitters, which is pretty much pointless for them.

The ALien in Alien looked completely deferent, and moved completely deferent, and was even a deferent size than the other versions. IT had new strengths, and new weaknesses.

black_warrior, Undefined, 15 years ago

"Go ahead and try, it own't matter, and it certainly won't prove anything, because their universes kill each other, they can not co-exist harmlessly."

-I think the only reason it wont matter is because yout take in absolutely no ideas that go against yours, and keep pushing your opinions on someone else.

"For example; in Alien, the Alien did nothing but eat humans, and follow the heat from the heating system in the vents, in Aliens the Aliens downed transmitters, which is pretty much pointless for them."

-If anything i would say this is SMART! which goes in favor of aliens not being mindless killing machines. but i guess you wont accept it since it goes against your idea of "aliens not being strategic"

"The ALien in Alien looked completely deferent, and moved completely deferent, and was even a deferent size than the other versions. IT had new strengths, and new weaknesses."

-*different* So, think of science, not everything is exactly the same size in every population or even different populations around other areas, and not everything is the same. Im not gonna be the same size or act the same way as the dude sitting next to me in class just because we are human. The runner wasnt as big as the drone or warrior aliens, but it came from the same movie as those aliens (Alien3).

Also, in your Strength post when you said things about contradictions:

"1: Reply had an 11 year old daughter that wasn't hinted in any way in the first movie.

2: The company knew about the Aliens in Alien, and they didn't in Aliens."

In Aliens, i dont believe Bishop was hinted to be from the likeness of a human that used to be alive, yet it made Bishop from AVP no less human when we found out...

And have you ever heard of a cover up? The only one who knew about the alien in Alien was Ash because his special mission was to capture and contain a live xenomorph. In Aliens, all they knew was that it was some disturbance in the area and they had to go check it out or possibly exterminate whatever it was. I dont even think the Weyland Yutani corporation knew exactly what it was because they probably would have blocked that whole planet off from colonization if they knew xenomorphs were there, and they they would try and contain them. Newt and her brother and parents came upon the ship that had alien eggs by accident.(it was the ship right? Space jockeys?)

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

I agree with your black,

Avpunlimited what are you talking about man? The movies fit together. They didnt connect the different movies together well, but they still gave reasonable solutions to prove how all the movies are connected. Ms. Weyland got the predator cannon and thats how the 'Company' is so powerful and has so much control, it proves that, because of that predator technology we were able to travel long distances in space. Which leads up to the alien movie.

Don't start these stupid topics, all it boils down to is, whos better? predators or aliens.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 15 years ago

Trust me, I'd like to pretend certain movies didn't happen, but they DID, and here we are. You are wrong, and this topic is useless. Fox says they are all in the same universe. Thus, they are all in the same universe.

Ever seen the Godzilla flicks? Godzilla's relationship with electricity changes constantly.

First he was unharmed by it...

Then it was his weakness...

Then it made him stronger...

Then it gave him magnetic powers (I'm not kidding)...

And this was all in the same universe. Movies contradict each other. It's called creative liscense.

avpunlimited, Undefined, 15 years ago

Again, none of you have provided anything I didn't already know.

You can use deferent versions of Godzilla if you want.

And the Alien in Alien wasn't smart enough to acknowledge that people communicated via transmission.

And that science example is a moot point.

Please stop saying you knew every point we made. If that were true, you wouldn't have made this topic. Every point you made has been disproved.

And by the way, those are NOT different versions of Godzilla. Though there ARE different versions, the examples I mentioned were all the Showa (1954-1975)Godzilla.

My point was that the writer ultimately controls what a character does. If Cameron says they're smart, they're smart. You could even argue that it was due to age.

In Alien, the Xeno was less than a few days old, and alone. In Aliens, they were several weeks old, and there were dozens of them. They had more time to figure things out, more help, and more humans to practice on (keep in mind they wiped out an entire colony, plus the Colonial Marines). They also had the Queen, (who is more intelligent) to help coordinate the war effort.

It's not like they figured it out right away, either. The movie was half-over when the power was finally cut. Face it-same aliens.

Mishmuf, Undefined, 15 years ago

Alright, after discovering the wonderous world of comics, I think I can safely say that every story with a sequel has contradictios, and that you really shouldn't get high up on the details. Otherwise, you get up your own ass about the details and you forget what the real point of the movies is--to enjoy yourself.

For example, fairly recently, Marvel had a crossover called World War Hulk, in which the Hulk runs around the Marvel universe, pretty much bashing the brains out of everyone in his way. Now, the crossover had a main story, and then certain on-going would have their own tie-ins. The problem was that the main storyline left absolutely no room for the tie-ins. Now does that mean that the tie-ins and the main story aren't in the same universe? No. They still co-exist. How does that work? Who cares!? Just enjoy the stories!

Ultimately, the screenwriter is going to have the Aliens do whatever he wants them to do. It's canon, wether we like it or not. AvP:R is a good example of this.

As long as we're on the subject of comics, ever hear of a little thing called "One More Day"? You thought contradictions were bad in the Alien movies? HA!

Mishmuf, Undefined, 15 years ago

Oh, yeah. OMD's terrible. I remember a few months before OMD, when people were theorizing what it would be about. Someone mention an idea where Spidey is somehow sent back to his 60's universe, and I was thinking "Nah, that's ridiculous. Noone would allow a story like that to go through." Well, I guess I was wrong.

^ There were rumors of Gwen Stacy getting brought back which (thankfully) turned out to be bullshit. I can't take any more retcons (Especially after it turned out she fucked the Green Goblin).

But anyway, that's another example of a universe contradicting itself. Does anyone else have anything to say about this?

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 15 years ago

I hope not, cause ya'll just bored the hell outta me.

Goody.