Alien 3 questions

Blade_Hunter, Undefined, 18 years ago

I just finished Alien 3 (Not the Directors Cut) and when the Alien comes out of the dog at first it's a chest burster but then like five seconds later it's full grown. So what was with that? Next Ripley was infected by the facehugger, but so was the dog, because don't the huggers die after they infect their host?

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

ok, thax but is my post above correct?

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Well, they still had the superfacehugger in the theatrical cut because they are the only huggers that can produce the queen embryo.

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

caboose3456, Undefined, 18 years ago

I think its both

Goodbye pinkie toe...YOU SHALL BE AVENGED

Jackel, Undefined, 18 years ago

It is both because in AVP Extinction the Queen can produce the superfacehuggers which create Pretorians.

They had real problems training the animal, so they opted for a dog instead.

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

*quoting*

*It is both because in AVP Extinction the Queen can produce the superfacehuggers which create Pretorians*

f*ck avp extiction!!!! you should only take the real movie facts for real!!!!

ok...I have to watch it again. but are the queens able to pruduce superfacehuggers or is the drones the only ones whith that ability?

I didnt like the dog versian of the alien. looked shrimpy and week compared to the regular human hosted aliens.

To one that lives to prove his courage, his lack of fear, and his utmost strength, there is nothing better then the hunt!

Your right Jackel, normally the queen will only create a superfacehugger when it knows it will soon either die or be unable to produce any more eggs.

Which movie is that in then? And also in the pole it says there is a queen in Alien 3 where? (the queen embyro doesn't count does it)

caboose3456, Undefined, 18 years ago

oh,so thats why brett was being turned into an egg

Goodbye pinkie toe...YOU SHALL BE AVENGED

Yep. That's exactly why. The alien uses it's tail to inject a chemical inside the hosts bloodstream which completely alters it's DNA structure and morphs it into an egg which carries the superfacehugger.

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Alright that makes sense. Thanks for clearing up my questions.

Ok, a superfacehugger produces 2 embryos. one is the queen spawn, the other, a standard xenomorph spawn to protect the queen.

When an exisiting queen is not present to lay this superfacehugger egg, then any lone drone has the ability to create a single egg which will contain the superfacehugger.

(See alien Directors cut.)

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

O.K. so that also explains why the dog didn't become a queen right? Because only one of the queen facehugger's host gets a queen embryo.

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

Depends what you consider canon though. I've been asking the same question, and everyone seems to say that it's all up to us. But then, how do we know in general, what to consider canon and what's not? I mean, most people already considers the books and comics to be true hence the use of the Predator's popular honor system and Predator's language. But then some people seems to say that the books and comics are not real and they refuse to believe the Predator's language. So what do you consider canon?

TDN.jpg
We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

Well since the games were derived (i'm pretty sure) from the comics which were made by the film makers and therefore that does come from the film. The only things in avp extinction that sure be ignored are the stupid Carriers and Big Bladed Warriors.

Personally all of it because none of it contradicts and all of it adds info.

but the superfacehugger only apear in the special edition.

the normal:

in the original(not the directors cut) alien 3 the facehugger you saw was an compleatly normal facehugger. so yeas there must have been 2 facehuggers abroad sulaco. one implanted ripley
the other the dog.

the directors cut:
there was only one supperfacehugger that imlanted both ripley and the oxen.

but why diddent they use yhe oxen in the original?