Alien: Colonial Marine

Peterson, Human, 12 years ago

So who here is going to buy the game? I pre-Ordered mine from amazon.com last night for the PC, so if any other members are planning on joining me then it would be great to see our community grow beyond the website!

daveberg, Human, 12 years ago

This is a must buy for me on the ps3. Love the campaign modes on Alien games, very atmospheric playing as the Marines! (Hate online gaming - too many exploiters and cheesers)

Mebber, Human, 12 years ago

I'll definitely buy the game as soon as it is released in my country (i hope they'll not ban it). I'm on the edge about this game since avp3 turned out to be rather disappointing...

I'm damn curious about how this announced tactical and squad-related aspects of the game will play out...

Does anyone here knows details about A:CMs multiplayer part? Although a bit limited, i really enjoyed the online part of avp3, especially as a marine...

Shadowwall, Human, 12 years ago

Jup probably buying it though i'm consulting with friends whether we pick console or pc. Probably pc

And I too want to know more about the multiplayer.

From what ive read on Sega, they havent said an official release date, other then spring 2012, although, I'm pretty sure its going to be out by the end of March, As I pre-ordered the game from amazon.com, amazon has it listed as releasing March 31st of this year. guevara says "HELLO!"

ash, Human, 12 years ago

I just watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTsj36KRlRI

I watched the trailers and have to say this doesn't look as amazing as the AVP3 game that came out (Which I personally loved)

I like that it's set after Aliens but I don't get why the guy in the video points out it's after Alien 3?

Plus I think in order for this to work for me is that it is scary like the Alien Trilogy game I played as a kid.

I liked the last avp game that came out, But still it looks pretty intense!

FireHunter, Human, 12 years ago

What I'm hoping for is to be able to play as an Alien in the Multiplayer.
But yes, I will be getting this game.

I liked AvP3, but I think this will be better, seeing as they can focus on just one campaign.

Shadowwall, Human, 12 years ago

"I liked AvP3, but I think this will be better, seeing as they can focus on just one campaign."

then wy you want to play as an alien ? As far as i know you can't play as an alien in ACM.

Having only 1 campaign is nice but leaving the opposition (the aliens) out of it is gonna be a bummer.

DeathWraith, Human, 12 years ago

There is no tradition of Alien games giving you the option to play as Alien. These games follow the original franchise model of giving only the human perspective. AvP games have always been something completely different. Just like people who suggest the possibility of Predators in Prometheus, people who expect an Alien perspective in an Alien game have no idea what they're talking about. It's a completely different thing. I doubt the developers even considered the idea of an Alien perspective.

Certainly not for the campaign, and probably not for the multiplayer. But i still wonder how the multiplayer part will look like. As far as i know they do have announced a competitive multiplayer mode, but since the whole concept of the game seems to focus on squad-based action against aliens i find it hard to imagine how competitive multiplayer will work. Maybe some sort of infestation-style mode against alien bots... but then again that's not really competitive.

Gaunt, Human, 12 years ago

Hell yeah, gonna get it for PC.

As for multiplayer it's so hush hush that all you can do is speculate (and pray).

Perhaps a mode where several teams have to compete with each other to get to an evac zone with a limited amount of escape pods or something, a key feature that turns the game from squad based tactical fun time into fuck you guys I'm tanking it and taking THAT pod.

As far as I can think to make the game competitive you have to force the players to screw each other over, it wouldn't make sense randomly killing each other unless you have Marines vs Synthetics vs Aliens, but that could get tricky.

I hope that the designers for the game are creative and don't leave it too bare.

ash, Human, 12 years ago

If developers ever think of making another game with Aliens, they should have it like the first movie, find your own weapons, alone in a dark ship, and against one motherfucker who keeps going and coming back throughout the game. Finally killing it at the end or something.

A competitive evac mode sounds pretty damn good. Do you think it's too late to writte a letter to the devs and ask them for implenting it?

Alright, no chance for that... guess we've just to wait until the game is released to see how they've solved the mp question. Can't wait for it.

-Bloo-, Human, 12 years ago

Ash, I actually really like that idea. It would be a breath of fresh air in the modern gaming world where you're expected to kill the shit out of a million mooks with as many explosions as possible to get to the end of a level.

With the right art direction and control scheme, plus a great atmosphere - something not unlike Dead Space with less guns - it could potentially be not just the best Alien game I've ever heard of, but a top contender for best horror game as well.

As for multiplayer mode, I'm assuming they'll go with modern tradition of letting the opposing teams play as the enemies in certain modes. It's not at all a bad idea because we want to play as the all-powerful thing we've had to shoot at the entire campaign. The only popular franchise I can think of right now that hasn't let you play as the fucked up monster enemy is Halo, and where it would be great to play as the Flood in the Zombies mode.

ash, Human, 12 years ago

Yeah and could possibly have a crew that had been "compromised" at the beginning by a single Alien and you go looking for clues, search for the crew, finding them resinned up a wall, gathering info on the Alien, things like that. A true horror game. I would limit the amount of Aliens to about 6 or something, make them only appear in major stages of the game. The last one could be a Preatorian or something. Although I can only wish :)

ChrisP, Human, 12 years ago

Relase date pushed back to Fall 2012 guys. Check it out.

But on a brighter note we can expect a new trailer sometime tomorrow.

-Bloo-, Human, 12 years ago

@Ash: Dude, don't get me excited for something that's not happening. I'm so depressed now.

ash, Human, 12 years ago

I'm sorry Bloo lol. However if teh have done Colonial Marines well it will be much darker than what we saw in for example AVP3 marines missions. :)

Gaunt, Human, 12 years ago

Well I'm slightly sad now, the cinematic trailer that was released before this news kind of cheers me up though.

Watch and marvel!

well good game i had a good run, bye guys with this new depressing information im now going to off myself... anyone care to join me? Just Kidding By the Way.