Will there be a second AVP movie?

Unknown, Undefined, 19 years ago

Xenomorphose, Undefined, 19 years ago

My opinion is that it was a very good movie. The thing is to understand both races, and the AVP universe to really understand the concept of the movie.

AliensBanner.bmp.jpg

I think that there will be, after all the chestburster at the end of the movie.

hello?
Lol lol

daveberg, Undefined, 19 years ago

it all depends on the general demand for the film and how well the first one did at the box office. avp made more money than any of the other films in either franchise but was voted as one of the worst films of 2004 so we'll have to wait and see...........

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

you thought it was good? i thought it was a disgrace. paul anderson wasted time and 'effort' on this??!!?? it was an embarressment. the characters were weak and had no substance, the fight scenes were few and far between, the storyline was average, all in all, not much of an improvement over the terrible alien resurrection. the first three films in the series to me are undoubtedly, the best.

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

i've beena fan of the franchise for around 15 years and i can safely say i was exremely dissapointed. i would've rather seen them focus on creating another alien movie to explore the evolution of the creatures and where they came from etc than avp which in my opinion, was a pile of trash.

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

It was good, people say I have strange taste. The actions was one of the best I've seen.

AliensBanner.bmp.jpg

it was passable, but i really wanted more. i thought the camera work during the first half of the battle between grid and celtic was terrible, no sense of what was going on, the novel was far greater than the movie itself, the throw away characters were of no interest at all, i was left not caring if lex lived or not, surely not the aim of the producers? i think as a whole, the fans expected a massive showdown between the two, what little action we saw was passable, but in terms of battles, freddy vs jason had the upper hand on this movie.

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

The only thing in AVP that I thought was stupid, was the part where the Predalien chestburster appeared at the end.

AliensBanner.bmp.jpg

as a rule, i really think that all crossover genres are stupid. there's no need for it, next we'll have alien vs chucky....and so it goes on.....

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

You don't know my reason do you?

AliensBanner.bmp.jpg

reason for liking the film? that would be a no, i'm not a mind reader geeza!

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

Well Dave, you are right in one thing. I was a bit dissapointed at the fact that the Yautjas and the Xenomorphs were so inferior and could die easily, but nonetheless the action was supreme.

AliensBanner.bmp.jpg

No I meant why I thought the predalien chestburster at the end was foolish.

AliensBanner.bmp.jpg

errrm. i half heartedly agree i suppose, the little action that was displyed was impressive at times, though you've gotta admit, weren't you left wanting more?

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

ahh ok, sorry only just read your last post, no, go on, whats your take on it.....

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

I thought the predalien chestburster was foolish at the end, because the Yautja himself died from a giant cleave at the body from the Xenomorph queen, which in reality could've killed the chestburster that he was hosting aswell, but in the movie it suprisingly didn't. It was a chestburster of miracles!!

AliensBanner.bmp.jpg

yeah i agree i found that quite strange myself, though i suppose they were desperate to leave the film open so if things got rough they could cash in on making a second movie.

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

right, lunch time beckons, i'll be back later.

aliensig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

I was definitly left wanting more action. At times it was as they were teasing you. I read the book before I saw the movie and thought the book was ten times better

Brian