the predator

Unknown, Undefined, 19 years ago

Who wants to talk about the predator kicking the aliens butt?

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

Scar was the biggest pu$$y ever. Lex saved him so many times in that movie it just became stupid. He was an unblood younster but that's not alot of an excuse. Lex killed xenos better that him, in my opinion scar was a pathetic escuse for a yautja. He would've died withoout her. That's just friggin pathetic, a yautja needing help from a human, what a friggin wuss. In the pred movies they were near unstoppable killing machines which decimated their prey with relative ease. At the end of pred 2 we see that the pred has multiple human skulls, a xeno skull & a couple of skulls of other alien species which make xenos look like toys. Xenos are the perfect killing machine yes, & as u said dave that's what they are literally born to do with their bodies a natural weapon. Yautja's created weapons which far exceeded the xenos natural ones though & have definite advantages over xenos in strenght, intelligence & reflexes. If the xenos in AVP were facing experienced warriors instead of the three pathetic, dim-witted excuses for yautja that they had to deal with they would've all been slaughtered. Not saying that it'd be a piece of cake for the preds but honestly u could tell that anderson isn't much of a pred fan. In the making of AVP anderson constantly goes on about alien this & alien that, he didn't give a cr@p about the preds, if that movie was made with experienced hunters in it, it would've been a much better fight

stalker.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Ummmm - CHEAP SHOT!!! scar didn't take a whole Hive out, he dropped an atomic bomb onto the floor and ran like a wussy, using a human to help him, scar would've died at the bottom of the ice well if it wasnt for Lex blowing the aliens head off that had leapt onto his back and impaled schoulder, it was all over for him.

Plus the queen knocked scar around like he was a paperweight, You saw what grid did to celtic -image what the queen would've done to scar if Lex hadn't have saved the hunters butt.

Aliens are born survivors as i've posted many a time before even down to the basics of predators needing heated meshing to help them survive in the cold - whereas aliens can survive in absolutely ANY environment as they have a vacume resistant exoskeleton and dont follow the same laws of oxygen intake as a predator would, the aliens do not possess lungs and thus use the dorsal tubing on their backs to filter gaseous chemicals into their system and break them down as use for energy. (sources taken from the ancherpoint essays and many other legitimate analysis web sites)This enables the xenomorphs to withstand the harsness of space/extreme cold etc, whereas a predator would die in these conditions without technological aid, so already the alien has a distinct advantage.

The main thing to look at is the fact that from birth - the xenomorph main objective is to kill and to breed. The predators are a more civilised culture and only train to hunt as it is deemed an essential part of their 'religion' if you will, they have a honor code which can sometimes, proves to be a hinderance, as it prevents them from being fully efficent as killers, where as compared to the cold blooded ruthlessness of a xenomorph, they have no morality or remorse about the prey they kill, children,people with illnesses/the old/the weak/the unarmed, the list goes on, aliens are thoroughbred murderers, it's what they were born to do, upper hand my friends, will always be with the xenomorphs (the official voting on the avp official site proved that)

TOPMOD.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

hey ancienthunter, long time no see m8. As I said earlier, I love both species, but I obviously prefer preds

stalker.jpg

predatoress, Undefined, 18 years ago

Every speacies don't have had the time to develop. Like predators - without that technology they seem scary and powerful but they wouldn't be a great resistance to the xenomorhps. But when creature is smart enough it complete the fault with intelligence, like yautjas do. The same thing is when you imagine a human hunting a bear - without weapons human would be just a rabbit compared with the bear but with intelligence (and what they have made with their intelligence) they can take the bear down.

I love xenos as killing machines but I love more yautjas codes of honor. If compared to humans yautjas seems somehow more humaine not taking the weak ones down. There are some higher ideas and motives behind.

(and here's biology student speaking, over lol)

predatoreessig.jpg
-The softer side of clan Balatu - Yeah right, IN YOUR DREAMS lol-

Well, in case no one remembers, these were TEENAGE Predators and have never faced aliens before and got thrown off by the humans taking the shoulder guns. Also....If anyone has read the books or comics....a single predator with a spear can often take on several aliens at once and come out unharmed.
No offense to the alien, but Predators kill all!

~ IF IT BLEEDS, WE CAN KILL IT.
*evil predator laugh*

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

lol @ the boyish strength comment.

I think in general people tend to over look the strength of the xenomorphs, lets face it, grid hoisted up chopper into the air like a small child, aliens pound through steel doors like cheese etc yet in reality, we've not seen predators do things in that respect. I think half the attraction with pred fans is the fact they love the weponry and the ability the pred has to 'cloak' I prefer the xenomorphs untainted approach, they are 'au natural' basically born as weapons and live to kill.

Damn i love xenomorphs.

TOPMOD.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

true dave. In straight out speed the xenos are def faster, preds r very quick too but not as quick as xenos. I's say preds have a slightly quicker reaction time though e.g. when scar cut the drones head in half that was trying to sneak up on him, or when grid leaped at celtic & he quickly spun around & fired his netgun, trapping grid. About their resillience well, I'd say they r both resillient, but in diff ways. Xenos skin in tougher than steel but anything that can puncture through it e.g. predators blades or armour piercing bullets can kill them off quite quickly. Preds skin on the other hand is much easier to pierce but the preds can withstand the injuries better, e.g. in pred 2 when harrigan shoots the pred about 7 times with a shotgun & drops him to the floor, about 10 seconds later he is back up & seemingly unphased by the shots

stalker.jpg

Got that right Daveberg!

Vengance is mine to keep.

daveberg, Undefined, 19 years ago

think i missed that one.... can anyone say 'grid caved celtic predators skull in?'

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

i agree with schaefer.

Here... Take it!

the comics are for KIDS. they have absolutley nothing to do with the alien or predator movies. a predator CANNOT deafeat an alien without weapons. and sorry, but predators dont kill all, the have a code of conduct they comform too making them inferior to the aliens who are born to kill from birth.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

alienhunter, Undefined, 19 years ago

yeah mate but i dont go by the comics i mean in some of them for all we now there might be a xenoduck creature heheheeh

i go by the movies

alienhunter.jpg
shadowseekers

~its like a lion it sticks close to the zebras~

exactly preds wernt born to kill they was born to do human stuff!

while as dave said the xenomorph is designed to kill and beileve me it will kill!

alienhunter.jpg
shadowseekers

spot on, preds are a civilized culture of sorts and are more humanoid, they have compasion and seek 'help' fomr humans. pitiful. the xenomorphs are the darkest killing machines in the univers, no remorce, no mercy just death.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

awww all they do all day is kill kill kill not another worry in the earth

alienhunter.jpg
shadowseekers

that is true

newlokingsig.bmp.jpg

my avp site

xenoplanet

K20A2, Undefined, 19 years ago

The predators in AVP were teenagers and they have never faced an alien before. Yes from birth aliens are killing machines there is no question about that pound for pound prolly the best around. But lets compare the two here: the alien drone is very fast and pretty darn strong, the average predator is also very fast but is incredibly strong when comparing to an alien and a human. Not to mention the training that they go thourgh to prepare them for combat must be intense. If you were to ask me yes the one alien did beat the celtic predator. But also consider is in the alien movies they yes were very strong and fast. But they were very fragile one bullet would do a massive amount of damage to an alien. When the celtic predator smashs the alien head through the pillars, it doesn't kill but if it was a alien movie alien it would have fallen apart and been smashed to bits. It really does depend though I guess on who you like I personally favor the predators and I believe an adult predator would have had a hay day with the aliens in AVP. But that is my opinion. I am just basing this off of the movies I have seen and what I know please let me know what yall think. Late.

the aliens have chitin exo-skeletons and can sustain small arms fire without any harm (note -watch aliens when gorman fires gun into alien head - bullets bounce off) predators are fine hunters no doubt but only few survive the coming of age ritual to proceed to be 'blooded' warriors. the aquired weapons the predators possess are its only means of disposing of the xenomorph threat, this shows that the bugs are the mightier of the two species, a predator cannot kill an alien in hand to hand combat. granted, an elder predator would be able to take down an alien, with its vast array of weaponry and acid proof armour, it should pose less of a threat. pound for pound the aliens have a tougher more resiliant exterior than the preds and in my opinion fomr what i have seen in both movies, they can withstand alot more punishment. plus, their minds are not clouded by a code of honour.

avpsupersig.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net

darkness of acheron

honestly. i think if it came down to a straight fight both unarmed. the alien would win.. hands down. its body is a weapon.. the predator is a great hunter/warrior. but its still just a humanoid. and thats coming from a guy who loves the predator franchise.

Here... Take it!

Deathdrop, Undefined, 19 years ago

The pred kickign the xeno's butt? Uuuhhhhhhhh...
When did that happen? I mean, Scar killed a few, but other than that...

Everyone is insane. The ones in the nuthouse just got caught.