AvP 2 Rated R

weaponx, Undefined, 17 years ago

Its offical, Fox Chairman Tom Rothman has announced that Avp 2 will be rated R. " It will be very hardcore and very violent " and it will be more along the lines of Cameron's Aliens.

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

SH!T!!!!!! oh damn, how will i be able to see it now! im 13!! (next week) by the time it comes out i will be 14. :( even if my parents let me see i could not get in as... well the staff in the ceinema "wouldnt let a young 14 yr old to see such horrible gore"... i dont give a sh!t!!!!

oh well i hope it will turn out to be a MA15+ as DooM was rated R in America and it was rated MA in Aus .. so i have my hopes up.

The-Giger-Drone.jpg

aaaaam... hm... What does the R stand for?... I mean, "rated R"???

DW.png
From the depths of the great Metal Sea we come to restore equalty...

My first R move was either Friday The 13th or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) at age 5 or 6 at the least. lol...

And, it isn't that strict over here. Depending on your parents and who you go with to the movies to see R rated movies.

new-Cory-sig.jpg
.:Killswitch Forum:.
.:The Chainsaw HOUSE:.
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

I have 2 replys to this topic.

H3LLZ YEA!

And

D@MN.

1. cos Notice that all the Predator and Alien series were great, and all rated R.

2. Cos -_-... Cutefacehuggers parents are really strict, and they are NOT allowed to watch rated R...

Too bad for him :(

But that is a big releif its R, Higher chance of it being good.

Navyspazsigforhive.jpg

black_warrior, Undefined, 17 years ago

ALRIGHT!!!! I am glad, i know it'll be better now. Anyways there is a 99% chance of my parents letting me go, cause they've seen all the movies and have no problem with it.

Too bad for CFH. maybe he can see it on the comp, when and if it gets there.

EDIT: hmmmmmmmm now that Harrigan said it, i would like to see your source of info.

new-Black-sig.jpg

THE EVIL FURBY IN MY SIG IS WATCHING YOU!!!

.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.<--Click it

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

not even started filming yet and its gonna be rated r?i'm a little sceptical,wake me in 6 months.

avp4.jpg

HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

Well their planning on it being R, I guess they kinda got a little ideas and its gonna be worse then the other AvP.

I have a feeling it might be over the line tho, since AvP was PG13 and had F.

Like one of those scenes on Pred 2 that will kinda, ruin the movie.

I hope its R for the gore :p and I dnt care bout swearing.

Navyspazsigforhive.jpg

weaponx, Undefined, 17 years ago

By the way the AvP 2 filming started last Monday.

I agree with ya Navy, cause gore on these movies just makes it better.

also, what did you mean about one of those scenes in pred2 that will kinda ruin the movie?

new-Black-sig.jpg

Well, It was the house where two people were murdered by that jamaican gang, and Predator came in and killed the gang while they were in the apartment, and they came and investigated later... :\

It didnt really ruin the movie, but I wish it were taken out.

Navyspazsigforhive.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

lol, that was actually one of my favourite scenes in Pred 2 believe it or not, when the Jamaicans got their asses handed to them, lol, loved that scene.

It's both good & bad that AVP2 will be R rated. Good because it adds a bit of extra realism to the movie (even if it is sci-fi) & makes it more visceral, although on the other hand, they could just half ass the movie on the basis that they think they can lean back on a solid foundation of gory deaths & not worry about much else. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

thorndesignssig.jpg

_Zwecky_, Undefined, 17 years ago

I also hav to say ALRIGHT!! AND d@MNIT!!
R means it will be better and goreier (hopefully),in AVP u couldn't see the people getting killed:(
and D@mnit coz i'll only be 15 when it comes out so won't be able to see it at the cinema and will hav 2 wait 4 it 2 come on DVD:(, so hopefully like Giger Drone said it might be MA15+ in Australia *crosses fingers* But hopefully the gore won't be too over the top coz they might get carried away with it and forget about making a good storyline, fights, special effects etc.

00Alien_sig03-1.pngIn Wal-Mart Everyone Can Hear You Scream

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Not many people really pay much attention to the rating system these days anyway. Predator, Alien, etc. are all rated M over in Australia, yet they still contain the same amount of gore as the overseas versions. AVP was even rated M over here, so chances are that AVP2 will doubtfully be rated higher than MA. These days they usually let under-age people into the movies anyway, they know they've seen it all before. Hell, I was watching R rated movies when I was 4 years old, so the rating system isn't really something to be worried about.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Best news so far. This should actualy be AVP1 and Anderson's just be forgotten about.

new-Cory-sig.jpg
.:Killswitch Forum:.
.:The Chainsaw HOUSE:.
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

maybe many of the disappointed fans will think of it that way.

new-Black-sig.jpg

Hive_Tyrant, Undefined, 17 years ago

AWESOME!!! I was hoping it was gonna be rated R! I first saw aliens when i was 10. and predator when i was 91/2 but i'll see it...hopefully.

new-HiveTyrant-sig.jpg The killer of the elders, work for The Hive!
"What Gaiaonline user are you?"
"The
Forum Rules"

Damn, looks like i'll be missing out too.

Ah well, I'll only have to wait FOUR YEARS to see it. Curse filming laws and regulations!

But that means there'll be blood. Which is good. Also means that it's more likely to have a horror theme, which will hopefully bring in some of the magic from the original 'alien' which, again, is good.

Medical Officer and Newbie of Alpha Draconis.

predatoress, Undefined, 17 years ago

lol Is the surveillance really that strict around there? *scraches her head*

new-Predess-sig.jpg

SUOMI FINLAND PERKELE!

Hive_Tyrant, Undefined, 17 years ago

not really. over here if its rated R and u r younger than 21 you can come with a parent or something like that.

new-HiveTyrant-sig.jpg The killer of the elders, work for The Hive!
"What Gaiaonline user are you?"
"The
Forum Rules"

over here I think its 18+ for R.

But I started watching R at 6 :) lmao.

My first R movie to see was Predator 1.

Then Alien(S).

I hated Aliens tho, scurred me :(

Navyspazsigforhive.jpg