Everyone pls read this

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

Now, I'm not a mod nor do I have any kind of authority around here but I just gotta say this. What has happened to our smoothly going site, 2 weeks ago it was all going fine, alot of people were here & the boerd was great. Look at it now, half the mods barely come on, the place is deserted almost always now wheras there were always plenty of great members on before, now it is barren. I ask why have so many of you people given up on this site? It is a great place so why is there hardly ever anyone here anymore? people getting fed up with noobs or whatever shouldn't be an excuse to just take your ball & go home. If you really like it here then you'd be able to persivere & keep this great place on track. Everyone, pls don't lose hope, we can still keep this place alive & well but the problem isn't going to get better if half of you are leaving.

stalker.jpg

It seems to have picked up a bit, let's hope that we can keep it this way or even improve it.

stalker.jpg

Topdogg, Undefined, 18 years ago

18+ agreement when siginging up so when they break the rules they can f*ck off cause they 18 and not a kid trying to understand the most simple of things in life

Thug Life

topdogg2.jpg

Cerrata, Undefined, 18 years ago

Bloody oath guys bout time someone said something about the cr@p which has been posted on this board...

That RPG has been running how long? 2 wks or so?? ALREADY 32 PAGES!!!! 28 of em are just sh!t, pretty boring sh!t that the noobs (or unoriginal ppl) have been writing, they must think its a an alien theme to just go in and out of vents like a rat!! Come on people! Agreed with the spelling... Its also cr@p.

In the RPG's I pretty much scroll through all the posts until i come to a member i know and read it, no point reading that other rubbish which is very, VERY unoriginal, they must be following JA's cr@ppy story writing ie AvP = complete sh!t...

I believe we need to be harsher instead of warnings we just suspend them for a week, 2nd offence can be 2 weeks and 3rd offence is booted from the site, with the suspension comes a notice saying why, and evidence... Also i believe we need some sort of quiz to get in to this site, age restrictions and stuff of the sort...I believe people need a fairly basic knowledge, if not too bad.... its not hard to go to the side panel
<<<<
and navigate to info...

Like i said harsher penalties bring people in line...

My 2 cents worth.

NewPRedSig.jpg

GOOD IDEA ABOUT HAVING TO MEET SOME KIND OF CRITERIA TO ACCESS THE SITE, damn caps lock

Untitled.jpg

Nick_Kang_20, Undefined, 18 years ago

Now when i'm starting to clear my spelling when I look at my old posts I think "Which blind grandma typed that?"...

Newsig.jpg

The Xenomorph

The Ultimate Battle

The Yautja Online

The Jedi Order - Are you Jedi enough?
The DarkSide of the force

Please join my forums in my sites...

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

To Daveberg: Again, I never said that I disagreed with you. All I said was some people seemed to get frustrated at times. Yes, I understand the concept of it all, but some people don't(actually that would be the majority of newer members). I never said you guys were wrong in your ways nor do I blame you guys. I'm actually blaming the people who see things a different way.

About the spelling thing, yeah I do agree about what you said but it could be that some people might have a problem(call it a disorder if you may) doing it, or they just want to type fast(which I don't agree on). I mean, if you actually take count of how many people who actually use things like "u" instead of "you" that'll be most of the members here. And on internet stuff like this, they will always type "lol" and other similar chat language, it can't be helped. I'm not supporting them or anything. In fact, I'm quite frustrated at times about their spelling problems too, but sometimes I've got to give them a little break. Remember, I'm not saying you're wrong, nor am I trying to tell you guys how to mod, because I will never try to. I'm just saying maybe all you guys need is just to give these guys a little break.

Sure at times like these you guys need to be harsh, but lets not get into the smaller things like spelling. I mean, at least for me, it has never make me want to leave. Spam and rule-breaking etc, now that's another story.

TDN.jpg
We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

Blade_Hunter, Undefined, 18 years ago

You make some great points Stalker, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of noobs anyway. They probably left when the good members started leaving.

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

*round of applause for that man*

At last someone who sees sense....

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

I agree with most of what you're saying TDN, i've got no beef with people using shortened versions of words as you described, it's just terrible when i have to filter through posts trying to understand what people are talking about

'im wenting aftr an xenmorf to dead him'

^^^it's when people post stuff like that, that really gets my back up. Mavrick is an exception, but the others have NO excuse. On the whole, the mods here are perhaps the most laid back i've seen on any forum, i've seen people thrown off other boards and told not to come back by mods untill they can learn how to make sense and spell correctly, so in effect, i really don't understand what problems people would have on here with the moderators aside from the fact they may just have a problem with authority. I dread to think how this board would've been if i hadn't been a mod for all this time, it's a scary thought.

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

predatoress, Undefined, 18 years ago

Well, I agree with you guys. I mean Predators and Aliens aren't meant for children. They are scifi-horror movies (or something like that) with skinned people and a lot of blood.

Make me correct but I kind of understood that you Dave take people in the RPG. You could follow how ppl are writing and make your own conclusions from that. But yeah, I understand that you haven't time enough to check how everyone is spelling, but still.

To the living we owe respect. But to death we owe only the truth. -Voltaire-

Gotta agree with ceratta too, I hardly ever had an in depth read of the RPG cause half the stuff was from noobs & kids who thought the RPG was just a battle arena & went straight to killing things in their first post, & their spelling wasn't too good either, could barely make out some of the stuff so just gave up on reading them & only read posts from our clan & others that I knew would make sense when they typed.

stalker.jpg

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

To Daveberg: Don't get me wrong here, I'm not blaming you or the mods for all this and I'm not saying those guys were right. I'm just saying that it could possibly be that these people are frustrated at you guys and are leaving because of it. And I'm not saying you guys are wrong either, I'm supporting what you do all the way, but some people can't see it like that and they might have felt that you guys have too much power.

Though about the spelling thing, yeah it gets me frustrated sometimes. I really hate those kinds of posts as well. But like I said, is it really a great enough reason for someone to leave this site? I mena, that's no reason to get mad.

Oh and about the rating thing, most kids ignore it anyways. Some kids of age 9 or 10(that I know) are watching Predator. And you won't beleive this, but someone actually recommended me to bring Aliens to let 5 year old kids see when I had to take care of those kids.

TDN.jpg
We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

after reading all your posts on this subject, i can say that i agree with some of you, however, blame can't be placed on only one general group. kids can't be blamed becuase they were allowed into the site and allowed to sign in an allowed to post. mods can't be blamed becuase, lets face it, they can't all be here and police everyone. i am signed up in a few forums and i can say that this forum is not the most lax. i must also admit that this is a very good fan site, good quality and presentation. fellas every site has problems with involvement so don't fret. think of it as all the riff raffs are weeding themselves out. i admit i'm a noob myself but i'm very much >18 yrs old please excuse me i don't know what a space jockey is. :P i became a fan of the franchise after watching Aliens as a kid, but sadly yet to sit through the entire Alien movie. i haven't read any of the books, or comic books, i just don't have time to read that much into thier backgrounds but it doesn't take away from the fact that i enjoy the scifi genre, and i enjoy both of these franchises. between the full time job, college courses, work outs, softball and football games, online gaming, partying, and just plain chilling out i cant dive into the all the literature. so please bear with me. i just signed up here not too long ago, and don't even belong to a clan. my advise is to ride it through, people will be bored and just leave, who cares right. maybe we need more mods to censor posts, hey its worth a shot. about spelling, i think its not the problem, the problem is the mentallity of the person posting. i see mods misspell all the time, they shouldnt be punished right. i saw the words "dieing", "patse", "beleive", all by mods. its a pet peeve of mine too, so i know what u mean about spelling. i think we should just chill out, do what we have to, maybe have all posts be approved by a mod before they are posted or whatever. this is a quality site, so lets not let it shrivel up like that. my two cents.

oioi, meet u over at the cough cough bit later ahem spammer

Thug Life

topdogg2.jpg

Indeed me old mukka. Go go power rangers.

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

the_doctor, Undefined, 18 years ago

like a represntative on a poster

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

doctor.bmp.jpg

heres a tip for people, write ur reply or topic in word it has a spell checker built in it, just copy and paste the text into here, there u go but no thats just to f*cking hard

Thug Life

topdogg2.jpg

^we dont and should'nt have to, they should stick to the power rangers forum or something

Thug Life

topdogg2.jpg

the_doctor, Undefined, 18 years ago

ghola's the new poster boy for the site lol, and yeah i get annoyed with ppl spelling like that all im saying is we canr just say they r all kids and nice use of the word "deaded" before

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

doctor.bmp.jpg

ghola88, Undefined, 18 years ago

poster boy?

whats that.

weapons: double wristblades, underarm blades,elbow blades, swords, combat spear, spear, plasmacaster, mini caster, nuke shoulder cannon, sherikans, 2 disks, remote bombs, mini spear gun,wrist fletchett, mask laser. equipment: advance tools, wrist computer, medikit, food, mask, energy recharger. extras: a picture of daveberg, deathdrop, note of davebergs advice.
ghola1mo.jpg