Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

yeah very true TD, I can't understand why people don't just read the rules. They're not complicated or anything, a child could understand them

stalker.jpg

Topdogg, Undefined, 18 years ago

ITS AN ADULT - KIDDY THING, I SEE A POST I WONT REPLY AND IF ITS REALY BAD ILL DELETE IT, THE ADULTS UNDERSTAND BUT SOME OF THE KIDS DONT

IT'S ALIEN F*CKING VERSUS PREDATOR 2 NOT WHAT EVER THE F*CK U WANNA TALK ABOUT, I SOMTIMES GET SICK OF EXPLAINING MYSELF SO I SUGGEST FOR ALL OF THOSE COMPLAING GO LOOK AT SOME OTHER FORUMS, CHECK THERE RULES ETC THEN YA'LL KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE

Thug Life

topdogg2.jpg

yeah it does need work but if we keep posting & maintain this place as best we can maybe other members that might have been monitoring the site might be motivated to start posting again

stalker.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Well i may strike offence to some people here but the problem would be solved when the kids LEARN HOW TO SPELL!!

And christ, if they're gonna come on an AVP board, they can at least make sure they know a little about the franchise!!

I'm kinda getting my flow back on here a little bit but it needs a lot of work. ALOT.

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

I defenantly agree with u there dave, it does get like that a fair bit. But I still think that if people just persevered then the problem would ease up & the kids & noobs would be able to be taught properly how things are around here, there's gotta be some way we can help. what do u think dave?

stalker.jpg

I agree to some extend stalker but i cant stand going into things such as RPGS and reading little kids posting sh!t like -

'i want into th air vent and i killid th alin wit me plasmy casty'

I mean, for gods sake, how hard is it to construct a sentance and spell properly??!!, or if at worst you have to - go use a spell checker before you post.

Or if someone like me posts a really long topic and then i get a pathetic little reply saying 'yeah' or 'lol' What a waste of space. Any other forum and these types of members would be removed straight away.

I myself am sick of seeing stuff like this which is why i don't come here as often, plus people just don't use their heads and seem to break the rules constantly.

If the conversation picked up and became more in depth and people could manage to talk sense and stop the terrible spelling then i'd become more motivated to come on as often as i used to.

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Deathdrop- I'm not trying to whine m8, just asking why everyone is leaving, like I said earlier if those people really liked this place they would be able to put up with the kids etc. but I mean it doesn't look that way does it? & also I didn't mean that u guys (the mods) weren't doing your jobs or anything but it just doesn't seem like even u guys are interested anymore, even when I see mods on they don't hardly even post, it's just become really annoying the way the site has been lately. All the members that are leaving or have left couldn't take dealing with the kids & noobs, that's not a very good reason to jut give up on the site in my opinion, I don't see why they can't just persevere with it, it not enough reason to leave.

stalker.jpg

Ok let me break it down. I've been on this site longer than anyone here, and from all the complaints i have ever faced, they are all mostly to do with the state of the new members that join. People know nothing about the franchise, people make pointless one word posts etc etc.

You can't blame mods for the board. Every board has moderators and administators that lay down the forum rules which must be followed, this board is so lax compared to the ones i visit and yet people still have the audacity to complain that the rulings are unfair. Vince broke the rules he got a warning and decided he couldn't handle it so he left, glover seemed to be bothered that people used cuss words on the site, to me, that is not an issue, as long as they aren't directed soley at other members people can cuss as much as they wish. As for people with levels changed or problems with posting, that is due to technical poblems with the site which cannot be helped. I think on the whole through all the time i've had on here, even favoured members in my clan are now disgruntled with this place,there's no substance to people's topics, just mindless nOOb questions.

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

dude i would never leave this place i have most of my friends here becase over here i am a peace of reject so i am stuck with a bunch of stuck up and prepy ppl so i will stay here till i die or lose my computer

alienworrier3pu.gif

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

To Daveberg: Okay, sorry to have to disagree with you Dave, but in my opinion it's not the Noobs who are making the members go away. I mean, sure it's frustrating at times to see someone still asking what a Space Jockey is. I do agree with you that most of these new fans come from the new AVP movie. But I don't think all this is making the members leave. It isn't that serious unless they start insulting you or something, but then they'll get banned pretty quickly and so it's not much of a prolonged problem.

I really hate to say this, but some people I've seen are leaving because of their frustration at this site and especially at the mods. The most noticable examples are Glover and Vincent Vega. I've known some others that seemed to be frustrated and just left. For example, one of the memebrs of my clan, Rooster, thinks that the mod had made his profile become level 0, therefore, he had seemed to have left(I'm unsure).

Some people I think have just simply lost interest and are subtly leaving. I can't find examples but some people I've seen just dissapear without a trace. I guess they just lost interest and took off without sayinthing. Although it could also be because of the summer holidays and everyone's on vacation.

This is just what I think, and no I'm not standing up for the Noobs, I just think that the problems we have with them is a bit overrated.

TDN.jpg
We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

caboose3456, Undefined, 18 years ago

I'll be on this site till the day I die

Goodbye pinkie toe...YOU SHALL BE AVENGED

Avier7777, Undefined, 18 years ago

Read Daveberg's statemens, I feel the same way.

--
Think? Why think! We have computers to do that for us.

the_doctor, Undefined, 18 years ago

damn anderson why did he make that film why, now all these kids come on knowing nothing of the previous movies and ask moronic questions and i blame anderson for it all.

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

doctor.bmp.jpg

predatoress, Undefined, 18 years ago

Well, I still think Stalker have a point. But I can understand that things are getting a little wild in here and u mods have to delete all kind of rubbish. But I still would want to keep this place alive - not to damn it to die.

To the living we owe respect. But to death we owe only the truth. -Voltaire-

Blade_Hunter, Undefined, 18 years ago

There's just too good a discussion board here for me to leave and I'm interested in joining an RPG once the site gets back to it's former glory.

like dave said weeks ago..... it looks like this is the end.i hope not

Untitled.jpg

It's all about the kids. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's the cold truth. Most members on this board are not even past 12 years old and the constant waffle that they post became so annoying in the end that even the most loyal members to this site have now left.

I mean, who wants to sit there and try to have a in depth discussion with others about aliens and predators when you cant even damn well understand what half these kids are saying because their spelling is so god damn terrible, and as for their gramma and structure, it really s*cks. People got tired of trying to deal with the nOObs all the time and it finally drove the best members to pack their bags and go.

It amazes me how some people call themselves fans yet don't even know what a space jockey is, or how the alien life cycle runs through it's paces.

Oh well. Not my problem. This board really drags now.

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Jackel, Undefined, 18 years ago

I must admit I am a noob but I like this site its much better than ant other avp site ive been on. So I'll stay here as long as I can.

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

As for me, I'm coming here whenever I can. I won't be leaving, anytime soon. Though for my clan, if I don't get more people to make up for those who have left, then I'll probably have to take it off.

Though the reason that not alot of people is on now is maybe because of the Summer Vacation. Everyone is leaving to go somewhere. They're probably returning after the holidays. Most wouldn't leave permanently for no reason. I'm probably going to wait until the holidays are over, then think over about the clan's fate.

TDN.jpg
We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

Exactly ^^^^ if ghola can do it then i'm sure everyone else is capable of doing it too.

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders